RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest15319 (54.162.15.31)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : General Discussion : Reading "Female Circumcision?" Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #17428 of 18360  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Marie Reed  
Female Circumcision?
7/11/07, 8:29am
graphic
This seems to be a growing issue in England. It's an African and Middle Eastern tradition/ritual. Ouch!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/07/10/britain.
female.circumcision.ap/index.html

Reply to Msg #17428
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

Marie Reed 's Blog

Message #17429 of 18360  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Marie Reed
Rob Reed  
Re: Female Circumcision?
7/13/07, 9:14am
graphic
This is such a horrible problem, but it is deeply rooted in religious values. As the article says, it is practiced by both Muslims and Christians and -- obviously -- it is due to the antiquated views that women are to be tools for their significant others and no more (i.e., they can't enjoy sex).

I am not a doc, but it stands to reason that the clitoris is akin to the glans head of a penis. This procedure, then, is akin to cutting off the head of a man's penis so as to prevent sexual stimulation.

I suppose we could try and educate in this regard, but still, I don't think there is a way to stop this... other than hoping that newer generations will see the barbarity.

--------------------------------------------------------
"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply to Msg #17429
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter