RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest18393 (18.205.96.39)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Tin Chef (Cooking and Recipes) : Reading "Pizza Dogs" Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #2080 of 2745  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
BBlast
Pizza Dogs
1/11/06, 6:09am
graphic
Anybody remember Fedco? It was a Target/Kmart type of store..maybe even a notch higher...and at the exit they had this small snack area. One of the items they sold there was a pizza dog. Basicly a hot dog wrapped with a slice of cheese pizza. Simple..but good!

OK, so based on that I have been trying my own brand of this thing! I mean..I like hot dogs..and I make my own pizza dough..so it seems a natural!

So I make my usual dough (I think I have put the recipe up here before) and I use a rolling pin to make some very flat sections that are not that big. In fact, I have found that the smaller the dough, the better!

So in this little section I put a little lite olive oil (so the rest of the "wet" doesn't make the dough soggy) and then I put in my ingredients. I have two basic flavors now but I will certainly expand on those. One is italian sauce, cheese and the hot dog and the other is simple mustard, relish and the hot dog. I have also tried this with various sausages! (pre-cook anything that needs it)

I am going to have to try to really bring up a few notches. I am thinking of adding

*onions
*garlic
*chili
*kraut

or anything else I can come up with.

Anyway, bake at 525 for about 9 minutes and you are done! Also makes great leftovers for the Microwave!

(and yes..you certainly could buy your dough from Trader Joe's or elsewhere to make this. You just need to let the dough rest after you take it out of it's packaging for about 5 minutes. If you don't it will act like a rubber band!)

--------------------------------------------------------
"All human arrogance and ego can be expressed in two words. 'You Should'. "
-

Eat at BBlast's - - Home of the California Brisket Sandwich!

www.signatureclaims.net

Reply to Msg #2080
Back to Topics

Message #2081 of 2745  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
BBlast
Thomas Canty
Re: Pizza Dogs
1/11/06, 10:50am
>Anybody remember Fedco?

Yep! I do! (though when I first saw your post I read that as Federated -- another old favorite store that's been gone a long time). Remember Gemco? I have a very fond memory of my dad and me arriving early in the morning to get a good place in line, a couple hours before they opened, so we could pick up a Texas Instruments 99/4A when TI decided to get out of the personal computer biz and dump their inventory cheap. That computer didn't last with me very long. I sold it three or four months later to buy a Commodore 64, also from Gemco, using my first tax refund (I got a 1540 disk drive for it too!). That building is now a Target. I bought my first modem (an acoustic 300-baud contraption) for that C-64 from a different Gemco (which was also a Target last time I drove by).

I don't remember those pizza wrapped hotdogs at Fedco, though. I do remember buying a complete set of tires (including mounting and balancing) from Fedco for my Mustang for $90. I failed in my first serious attempt to quit smoking that day when I walked out the door into a cloud of cigarette smog after depriving myself for two days. One good whiff and I turned right around to buy a pack. Ah, the old days!

http://www.ldphotography.net/

Reply to Msg #2081
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter