RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest15650 (18.204.227.250)
Posts: 0
Read Mode: Topics
Status: Guest
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Tin Chef (Cooking and Recipes) : Reading "cottage cheese...really?" Thread

Username Password


This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #2430 of 2745  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
BBlast
cottage cheese...really?
5/4/06, 6:01am
graphic
OK, so I am sitting here thinking how I am willing to eat just about anything, once..yet I am UNwilling to try this cottage cheese and pasta thing. Odd...

So in thinking about this, I am thinking that I should at least TRY this concoction..but then I had questions.

Lar, what type of pasta?

Do you put ANYTHING on the pasta before the cottage cheese? Olive oil?

Is the cottage cheese "warm", or do you just plop a bit on the pasta right from the fridge?

Do you put anything on top of this? Hot pepper flakes?

Have you served this as a meal in your house, or as just a "Larry-snack"?

--------------------------------------------------------
"All human arrogance and ego can be expressed in two words. 'You Should'. "
-

Eat at BBlast's - - Home of the California Brisket Sandwich!

www.signatureclaims.net

--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #2430
Back to Topics


Message #2431 of 2745  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
BBlast
Larry Levy  
Re: cottage cheese...really?
5/4/06, 8:46am (Last Edited: 5/4/06, 8:48am)
graphic
Hi, Bill,

You're sounding like Tony Bourdain here

I generally use spaghetti, though Janice prefers egg noodles.

I drain the noodles and then mix in margarine and the cottage cheese. You can either reheat the mixture, which will warm up the cottage cheese (I prefer it that way) or just serve it. I also sprinkle parmesean cheese on top. I season it twice (Once to the water the pasta is cooking in and then after draining)with onion chips or onion powder, garlic & herb mix and chopped parsley. I've also tried cilantro and that good too.

Maybe Rachel Ray will want to come over for a demonstration?

--------------------------------------------------------
" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121
--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #2431
Back to Topics


Message #2432 of 2745  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
saundrabeach  
Re: cottage cheese...really?
5/5/06, 5:16am
graphic
YUMMMM ADD SOUR CREAM...

--------------------------------------------------------
TREAT OTHERS LIKE YOU WANT TO BE TREATED WELCOME EACH NEW DAY! Just When Your Children Are Fit To Live With, They Are Living With Someone Else!
--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #2432
Back to Topics


Message #2433 of 2745  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
BBlast
Re: cottage cheese...really?
5/5/06, 5:46am
graphic
>Hi, Bill,
>
>You're sounding like Tony Bourdain here
>
>I generally use spaghetti, though Janice prefers egg noodles.
>
>I drain the noodles and then mix in margarine and the cottage
>cheese. You can either reheat the mixture, which will warm up
>the cottage cheese (I prefer it that way) or just serve it. I
>also sprinkle parmesean cheese on top. I season it twice (Once
>to the water the pasta is cooking in and then after
>draining)with onion chips or onion powder, garlic & herb mix
>and chopped parsley. I've also tried cilantro and that good
>too.
>
>Maybe Rachel Ray will want to come over for a demonstration?
>

OK, I'll try it....

but in a SMALL bowl!


--------------------------------------------------------
"All human arrogance and ego can be expressed in two words. 'You Should'. "
-

Eat at BBlast's - - Home of the California Brisket Sandwich!

www.signatureclaims.net

--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #2433
Back to Topics


Message #2434 of 2745  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
BBlast
Larry Levy  
Re: cottage cheese...really?
5/5/06, 9:21am
graphic
>OK, I'll try it....
>
>but in a SMALL bowl!

LOL!!!! Tony Bourdain would do it.

Just think of the cottage cheese as a substitute for ricotta.

--------------------------------------------------------
" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121
--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #2434
Back to Topics


Message #2435 of 2745  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
BBlast
Re: cottage cheese...really?
5/6/06, 6:41am
graphic
>>OK, I'll try it....
>>
>>but in a SMALL bowl!
>
>LOL!!!! Tony Bourdain would do it.
>
>Just think of the cottage cheese as a substitute for ricotta.
>
>
>
>

Actually, that's the tough part..you see..I am not a fan of ricotta...

--------------------------------------------------------
"All human arrogance and ego can be expressed in two words. 'You Should'. "
-

Eat at BBlast's - - Home of the California Brisket Sandwich!

www.signatureclaims.net

--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #2435
Back to Topics


Message #2436 of 2745  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
BBlast
Larry Levy  
Re: cottage cheese...really?
5/6/06, 7:57am
graphic
>Actually, that's the tough part..you see..I am not a fan of
>ricotta...

Ah, ok. Well, the consistency and flavor are different from ricotta, but not that much.

--------------------------------------------------------
" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121
--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #2436
Back to Topics


Message #2437 of 2745  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
Thomas Canty
Re: cottage cheese...really?
5/7/06, 2:33am
>Just think of the cottage cheese as a substitute for ricotta.

As a young'un, when my mother would make lasagna, I always thought that was cottage cheese in it.

--------------------------------------------------------
http://www.ldphotography.net/
--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #2437
Back to Topics


Message #2438 of 2745  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Thomas Canty
Larry Levy  
Re: cottage cheese...really?
5/7/06, 9:26am
graphic
>>Just think of the cottage cheese as a substitute for
>ricotta.
>
>As a young'un, when my mother would make lasagna, I always
>thought that was cottage cheese in it.

Ricotta has a stronger taste, but its still pretty subtle.

--------------------------------------------------------
" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121
--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #2438
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter