RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest3273 (54.157.61.68)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Science & Technology : Reading "Timing of the markets..." Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #1569 of 2108  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Rob Reed  
Timing of the markets...
11/23/05, 10:09am
graphic
I wonder if "investments" really are so unpredictable.

I wonder if I would make a good investments advisor solely on OPPOSITE advice that I would give.

There was the time a friend of mine asked whether Google was a good buy at $100. "Hell, no," I said.

There was the time in the late 90s when the first Play Stations came out... then were sold on Ebay for 3x market value because of the perceived shortage of supply.

So, when the Xbox made its introduction in the Fall of 2001, I decided I had to get a piece of the action... so I bought 4 units. There was little to no interest in reselling on Ebay. I actually lost money.

Which brings me to the Xbox 360. Looks good. But, there aren't a lot of games available for it yet. So, I bypassed it.

Units purchased for $399 yesterday are now selling on Ebay for over $1000.

Lesson for me: Decide not to invest, invest. Decide to invest, walk away.

--------------------------------------------------------
"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply to Msg #1569
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

Rob Reed's Blog

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter