RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest5209 (54.210.158.163)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Blogger's Corner : Reading "A nice word from a birthmother" Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #1004 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Marie Reed  
A nice word from a birthmother
10/24/06, 9:22am
graphic
Rob and I received this e-mail from a birthmother. She saw a bit of our YouTube video, and this is what she had to say:

Hi there,

My name is Coley and I am a birthmother. I placed a child in an open adoption five years ago. Since his birth and relinquishment, I have become very involved in the adoption community. I co-founded the 2nd largest organization, BirthMom Buds, that provides support for birthmothers and pregnant women considering adoption and I'm a contract writer for Adoption Media, LLC, better known as www.adoption.com

In browsing online tonight, I came across a group of birthmothers discussing your you tube video. I must admit, when I first read that you had made a you tube video as an adoption profile, I was sure I wouldn't like it. But I am the type of person who has to see something before I make a firm opinion on it, so I went and watched it. You did something that I tell couples hoping to adopt to do time and time again - you were real! So many times, without meaning to, adoptive parents will come across sounding fake or phony in their profiles, but what I watched was so incredibly real! You let your nervousness show, you let your vulnerability show! You weren't perfect and didn't try to make yourselves out to be!

For some reason, I wasn't able to watch the whole thing, it cuts off when you are about to read the dear bmom letter, but what I saw was really great. I figure, after reading the comments from other bmoms earlier tonight, you might be getting some negative response and I just wanted to give you a thumbs up. Ninety percent of the time matches are made through someone who knows someone who knows someone - so you might just be onto something!
We have a you tube video as well - check it out if you like. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQXHVKsJr2c

I wish you both lots of luck on your adoption journey and hope that the baby that is meant to be yours is brought your way soon! If I can ever be of assistance, please let me know!

Coley

Reply to Msg #1004
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

saundrabeach 's Blog

Message #1014 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Marie Reed
saundrabeach  
Re: A nice word from a birthmother
10/24/06, 6:45pm
graphic
Wow...What a great email from Coley...

To tell you the truth, I only expected positive responses and a myriad of interested people with several babies available by people that might have not had another means to communicate their desires to have their babies adopted by such loving people as you and Rob. I still am shocked at the negative. Call me Pollyanna...

--------------------------------------------------------
TREAT OTHERS LIKE YOU WANT TO BE TREATED WELCOME EACH NEW DAY! Just When Your Children Are Fit To Live With, They Are Living With Someone Else!
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply to Msg #1014
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

saundrabeach 's Blog

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter