RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest67653 (54.225.37.159)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Blogger's Corner : Reading "How to handle a suspected pickpocketer" Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #1286 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Rob Reed  
How to handle a suspected pickpocketer
2/4/08, 5:14pm
graphic
I had a humbling experience on Saturday night when Marie, A.J., and I headed to Babies R' Us to do some shopping.

Long story short, I suspected someone of pickpocketing my wallet from my back pocket. And, contrary to my initial feelings, I called this woman on it in front of other customers in line.

She was offended, quite obviously. And, she opened her purse to let me see in. "I just have to trust you," I responded.

And, Marie, A.J. and I promptly headed home, where -- after a search -- I discovered my wallet in a remote corner of our bedroom entertainment center.

And, of course, I felt like a complete ass.

My lesson is that if I suspect my wallet has been pickpocketed and don't know it for absolute certain (i.e., I turn around and see my wallet in the person's hand), I will simply stay quiet, run home, quickly do a thorough search to see if I can find the wallet, and simply cancel all cards, etc.

I'm still kicking myself for this and wish that there was some way that I could apologize to this lady.

There are other facts that added to my suspicion, but they are unimportant because this lady, in fact, did not take my wallet.

Lesson learned.

--------------------------------------------------------
"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply to Msg #1286
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

Rob Reed's Blog

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter