RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest15724 (100.24.122.228)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Blogger's Corner : Reading "Cappie: Death and Birth" Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #818 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
BestLight
Cappie: Death and Birth
2/24/06, 6:34am
We are deep in the process of adoption and my grandpa, “Cappie,” is in hospice care. He’s a stubborn, dear sweet old man who is teaching me about dying. He calls my husband and me “222” because of a sequence in our phone number.

I’ve told Cappie about our dream to adopt, and I’ve I asked that after he dies, if he finds a soul that is looking for a good family to join, to send that soul our way.

The day before he dies, he is in and out of coherence, and he talks about the baby girl in the next bed named "222." My mom and I are hopeful about Cappie's prescience.

(Turns out, our birthmother is about 6 months pregnant with our daughter at them time, though we do not know of each other. I am convinced that even though our daughter never met Cappie, she had one very important conversation with him.)

Reply to Msg #818
Back to Topics

Message #819 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
BestLight
saundrabeach  
Re: Cappie: Death and Birth
2/25/06, 3:07am
graphic
Wow! Chills running down my body with your story of your grandpa. Thank you for sharing.

Good things happen to good people. It was something for you to share your honest thoughts with him about after he died. People want to discuss their situation and everyone seems afraid to mention "death", etc.

--------------------------------------------------------
TREAT OTHERS LIKE YOU WANT TO BE TREATED WELCOME EACH NEW DAY! Just When Your Children Are Fit To Live With, They Are Living With Someone Else!
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply to Msg #819
Back to Topics

Message #820 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
saundrabeach
BestLight
Re: Cappie: Death and Birth
2/25/06, 9:33am
>People want to discuss their situation and everyone seems
>afraid to mention "death", etc.

You're right, Saundra. After Cappie died, a friend of mine sent us flowers. She apologized later for using the word "death" on the card ("Sorry for the death of your grandfather"). We think if we don't use the word, the concept will cease to have power. But really, I think that denying the word gives the concept more power by keeping it cloaked in mystery.

And yes, my grandpa was pleased, I think, to have someone with him at the end who acknowledged his dying and allowed him to process it.

Reply to Msg #820
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter