RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest5739 (35.175.174.157)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Blogger's Corner : Reading "Does a Watched Phone Ring?" Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #822 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
BestLight
Does a Watched Phone Ring?
3/3/06, 9:25am
By St. Patrick's Day I am irritated. Why havenít we been called yet -Ė itís been three days!?

Submitting the profile is a big shift in the balance of power. While the profile was in our hands, we were in control. But now that itís out in the world, we are powerless. The process now belongs to something greater than ourselves. And while that fact should give me comfort, it is cold comfort because I WANT TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN! NOW.

Sheryl, our social worker, is out of town when we submit. I plan to call her on the day she returns to get feedback on our profile.

Reply to Msg #822
Back to Topics

Message #826 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
BestLight
Marie Reed  
Re: Does a Watched Phone Ring?
3/7/06, 10:59pm
graphic
>By St. Patrick's Day I am irritated. Why havenít we been
>called yet -Ė itís been three days!?
>
>Submitting the profile is a big shift in the balance of power.
> While the profile was in our hands, we were in control. But
>now that itís out in the world, we are powerless. The process
>now belongs to something greater than ourselves. And while
>that fact should give me comfort, it is cold comfort because I
>WANT TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN! NOW.
>
>Sheryl, our social worker, is out of town when we submit. I
>plan to call her on the day she returns to get feedback on our
>profile.

Yes, you are right to say that the power shifts to the other side once the profile is submitted.

I come home very day to check our answering machine to see if we've received "the" call. So far, we've just been waiting... and waiting... and waiting. Our patience is really being tested.

I need to contact our social worker to just get an update.

Reply to Msg #826
Back to Topics

Message #828 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Marie Reed
BestLight
3/8/06, 6:20am
Hi, Marie.

When you call your agency, try to determine where the breakdown is happening. Find out:
1. if the agency is having much activity
2. if your profile is being looked at
3. if so, what people who see the profile are saying (the agency should tell you this if they know).

Once you find out where the problem lies, you can decide what to do.

1. If the agency isn't getting much activity -- help them get their brochures posted where women in unintended pregnancies might see them. Libraries, doctors offices, high school counselors/teachers, coffee shop bulletin boards, etc. (always get permission, of course).

2. If your profile is NOT being looked at, you might revise the cover sheet (Dear Birthmother letter) and first-impression photos. Close-ups and good lighting are crucial.

3. If your profile is being seen but no one is requesting a match meeting, address any issues the agency can share with you.

Let me know if you have any questions, and good luck.

Reply to Msg #828
Back to Topics

Message #830 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Marie Reed
BestLight
3/13/06, 10:09am
I'm feeling bad about this...

You didn't ask for my advice and I gave it anyway. So sorry -- I didn't mean to meddle.

My best on your adoption journey, Marie.

Lori

Reply to Msg #830
Back to Topics

Message #831 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
BestLight
Marie Reed  
3/13/06, 1:09pm
graphic
>I'm feeling bad about this...
>
>You didn't ask for my advice and I gave it anyway. So sorry
>-- I didn't mean to meddle.
>
>My best on your adoption journey, Marie.
>
>Lori

Lori,

LOL!! Don't apologize!!! I appreciate your input on what I should ask for. I just haven't been able to get around to calling our social worker, because I've been forgetting. I've been very busy at work. I tell myself to call to follow-up, and once I sit at my work desk, I immediately forget. I've been training a new person, and she's in constant need of help and attention. I can't even get my head straight with my own work. So, please, don't be sorry. I'm glad that you're here to remind me to call. I'm embarrassed that I haven't anything new to report.

Just to tell you how busy I've been, I ordered stuff from Avon from one of my co-workers. Every time I passed by her, I'd remember that I should pay for my order. But as soon as she's out of my sight, I immediately forget about it. This was a cycle that went on and on for 2 weeks! I finally HAD to paste a post-it on myself to remind myself to pay the poor girl. I did, eventually, finally pay my debt.

I thank you for being on here, and I welcome any suggestions you may have to help Rob and me along with this adoption process.

I WILL eventually remember to call. I may have a little time to pick up the phone today here at work.

Reply to Msg #831
Back to Topics

Message #832 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Marie Reed
saundrabeach  
3/13/06, 5:41pm
graphic
When I sold Avon for 6 years I had to pay for the products by a certain date. She must like you not to pester...lol

--------------------------------------------------------
TREAT OTHERS LIKE YOU WANT TO BE TREATED WELCOME EACH NEW DAY! Just When Your Children Are Fit To Live With, They Are Living With Someone Else!
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply to Msg #832
Back to Topics

Message #833 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Marie Reed
BestLight
3/13/06, 7:18pm
Whew! I'm glad I didn't offend. And I'm glad your Avon lady got paid, too!

LOL.

Reply to Msg #833
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter