Message #842 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
BestLight
Second Choice
3/22/06, 8:45am (Last Edited: 4/3/06, 9:28pm)
Crystal invites us to a doctor’s appointment and to meet her son -- obviously the love of her life. Tyler (4 years old) is wearing a dinosaur shirt and carrying a toy dinosaur in each hand.

Crystal and Tyler are very respectful and loving toward each other, and I can see that she’s provided for him all the important things in abundance. He is a happy child who warms up Hubby quickly. They are talking dinosaurs and baseball while Crystal and I tune into the doctor.

We hear the baby’s heartbeat on the ultrasound. This is still unbe-freaking-lievable to me. Just a week ago it seemed like this moment would never come.

After the appointment we take Crystal and Tyler to a Mexican restaurant. I ask Crystal if we were her first choice in parents. She reveals that she actually picked another couple first, Christy and Bob. We know them -- they were in our adoption class!

She picked Christy and Bob because they are a bit younger than Hubby and me. She took home their portfolio to show her mom, but she left it on the top of her car and lost it. She felt horrible about it, but it turns out the Christy and Bob were unavailable for the next several weeks and had to pass on this match anyway (BTW, Christy and Bob end up with the baby meant for them just a few months later).

Crystal asked Lutheran Family Services to see our profile. She says she just knew that it was the right one. She still feels this way.

No wavering. (so far).

I am glad for the small things.

Reply to Msg #842
Back to Topics

Message #843 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
BestLight
Marie Reed  
Re: Second Choice
3/25/06, 9:12am
graphic
Second choice may BE the best choice. I believe in fate. And in this case, second choice was the best one.

Reply to Msg #843
Back to Topics

Message #844 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Marie Reed
BestLight
3/25/06, 5:17pm
Marie, you're so sweet to read my blog and reply. It makes my day!

How is your story going?

Reply to Msg #844
Back to Topics

Message #848 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
BestLight
Marie Reed  
3/29/06, 7:44pm (Last Edited: 3/29/06, 7:47pm)
graphic
>Marie, you're so sweet to read my blog and reply. It makes my
>day!
>
>How is your story going?

You're sweet yourself.

I enjoy reading your blogs. It's like you basically conveying how I feel (during the adoption process). Adoption is such a very long, frustrating and emotional process that it comforts me to know that others have gone through, or are going through, the same things I am.

So, thank you very much for sharing your experience and stories.

As for our "story", you are aware of our last call... about a birthmother who didn't want her son to be circumcised. Well, I spoke with our social worker, Roxanne, last Monday, and she told me that the birthmother really liked our profile. Also, the birthmother gave birth early (36 weeks) a week ago. However, the birthmother chose a Hispanic couple instead, because she was more comfortable with a Hispanic couple (the birthmother is Hispanic). Rob and I were fine with her choice, and it was understandable.

Now, the sad news is the baby was recently admitted to another hospital, because there is something wrong with his reflexes. He's having trouble eating and keeping food down. The adoptive parents who were chosen are having second thoughts about the baby, because they're afraid of any long-term effects.

Rob and I prayed, and will continue to pray, that the baby will be okay, that he turns out to be healthy, and that he goes to a happy, loving set of parents.

Well, that's the latest development. I'll definitely post anything that is of any excitement or new.

Reply to Msg #848
Back to Topics

Message #852 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Weebles Wobblog Thread
crystallovestyler
4/1/06, 6:46pm
Second choices are the best, but you are my best choice. you are the best, Not only am I grateful that you are honeyt's admom but I am Truly grateful to just have you in my life. I love you so much!!!

Thank you
Crystal

Reply to Msg #852
Back to Topics

Message #853 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
crystallovestyler
Marie Reed  
Re: Welcome, Crystal
4/2/06, 9:45am
graphic
>Second choices are the best, but you are my best choice. you
>are the best, Not only am I grateful that you are honeyt's
>admom but I am Truly grateful to just have you in my life. I
>love you so much!!!
>
>Thank you
>Crystal

Cyrstal,

Welcome aboard, and thank you for posting.

I'm very touched with Lori's relationship with you as she shares her adoption story with Rob and me.

Rob and I hope to see you frequently here. Lori's blogs help us with our adoption process. We are currently waiting for our baby to come.

Please feel free to post or just browse around here.

Sincerely,
Marie

Reply to Msg #853
Back to Topics

Message #857 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Weebles Wobblog Thread
crystallovestyler
Re: Welcome, Crystal
4/3/06, 7:12am
Thank you Marie,

This is wonderful, I am so glad that Lori is sharing our wonderful journey with you. I too will be praying for you & Rob. You will be seeing me around here. Thank you again

Crystal

Reply to Msg #857
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter