To
From
Subject
Date
All
BestLight
6 am call
3/27/06, 9:50am
Ten days before the bay is due, I step out of the shower to a ringing phone.

“I think this baby is coming today,” Crystal cheerfully says. She’s been having contractions for several hours.

OMG, OMG, OMG, is all I can think. I tell Crystal I have to go in to work just to wrap up a few things. Hubby has already left for work so I call him. We decide to meet at Crystal’s mom’s house later in the morning.

I arrive before Hubby. It’s still a bit awkward because Crystal and I hardly know each other. She’s been through labor and birth before, but everything I know I learned from Tabitha's birth on Bewitched. I mean, should I boil towels or something?

She is pretty good at hiding contractions, but I begin to catch on to her moments of discomfort. I make myself useful by timing them. We are advised to not head to the hospital until they are 5 minutes apart, lasting 1 minute each. We have a ways to go.

By late morning we watch soaps together on TV, and a cable show called Baby Stories (our home is cable-ly challenged, so I'm not sure of the title). We go for walks around the block to move contractions along. During our walks, we share stories of old boyfriends and heartache, and I tell her what a wonderful man Hubby is, that he was SO worth waiting for. We stumble on to the fact that we both love chocolate chip cookie dough (what are the odds? OK, quite high, but it seems like kismet at the time).

Not knowing what else to do with myself, I find my way around her kitchen and whip up some chocolate chip cookie dough.

Reply to Msg #845
Back to Topics

Message #846 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
BestLight
Larry Levy  
Re: 6 am call
3/27/06, 4:08pm
graphic
Yikes!!!!!

That's great news!! I hope everything works out for you.

--------------------------------------------------------
" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121

Reply to Msg #846
Back to Topics

Message #847 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
BestLight
saundrabeach  
3/28/06, 1:50am
graphic
How thrilling for you. I have chills at remembering this type of event. God Bless... ENJOY every minute!

TREAT OTHERS LIKE YOU WANT TO BE TREATED WELCOME EACH NEW DAY! Just When Your Children Are Fit To Live With, They Are Living With Someone Else!

Reply to Msg #847
Back to Topics

Message #849 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
BestLight
Marie Reed  
3/29/06, 7:56pm
graphic
Nothing like chocolate chip cookies to ease labor (I can only imagine).

By reading your post, you seemed calm, cool and collected. Good thing you were there to help ease the labor pains and to keep Crystal company.

What a wonderful thing... that you were able to share some things with the birthmother who's about to give you a baby.

I can only hope to be as calm as you were. LOL! Knowing myself, I probably would have peed in my pants with excitement, anxiety and confusion.

Reply to Msg #849
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter