RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest5455 (52.204.98.217)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Blogger's Corner : Reading "Would you like some cookie dough with your epidural?" Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #851 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
BestLight
Would you like some cookie dough with your epidural?
4/1/06, 5:44pm
I am now praying that raw eggs won’t harm the baby, because Crystal and I have just put a large dent in a batch of chocolate chip cookie dough.

Around afternoon rush-hour, it finally seems time to head for the hospital.

We’d been warned that hospitals are often inhospitable to adoption situations, but we find nothing of the sort. Nurses and doctors are curious about our arrangement with Crystal, and seem unfazed by the presence of Hubby and me.

The hours drag on. Hubby and I had been up all night the previous night thinking of both boy and girl names. It is becoming clear that we are in for another long night.

The doctor advises us to go home and rest, which we do for a few hours. Crystal’s mom calls around 11 pm and says they may release Crystal until her labor progresses further. We decide to return to the hospital anyway.

Good thing! A walk through the halls accelerated Crystal’s contractions. She’s back in a delivery room, begging for painkillers.

She’s given some kind of drip, but it barely takes the edge off the pain. She can’t have an epidural until the baby is awake, which is indicated by a certain heart rate.

In her drug-induced semi-euphoria, Crystal tries everything but summersaults to get this baby to wake up. Any time the heart monitor beeps a little faster, she wildly flails around to get a nurse’s attention: “See, the kid’s awake! Gimme the epidural, ple-e-e-e-e-ase!”

Even with the painkillers in her system and the pain wracking her body, Crystal has the presence of mind to tell me, “If you want your family to be here for the birth, you’d better call them now.” I’m dialing as she finally gets her much-desired epidural at 1:30 am.

Within 25 minutes, my parents and sister arrive at the hospital.

Reply to Msg #851
Back to Topics

Message #854 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
BestLight
Marie Reed  
Re: Would you like some cookie dough with your epidural?
4/2/06, 9:53am
graphic
Whille reading your story, I'm here breathing in and out for Crystal trying to ease HER labor pains. I'd be yellin' for the epidural too! LOL!

You still seemed so calm. I'd be a wreck!!

Reply to Msg #854
Back to Topics

Message #855 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Marie Reed
saundrabeach  
4/2/06, 5:32pm
graphic
Funny. I actually thought Lori was going through this now...This is from years ago journal she told me privately. I really thought we were all waiting for the baby.

--------------------------------------------------------
TREAT OTHERS LIKE YOU WANT TO BE TREATED WELCOME EACH NEW DAY! Just When Your Children Are Fit To Live With, They Are Living With Someone Else!

Reply to Msg #855
Back to Topics

Message #856 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
saundrabeach & Marie
BestLight
4/2/06, 6:28pm (Last Edited: 4/2/06, 6:29pm)
Again, so sorry that it wasn't clear this is a 5+ year-old tale (honeyT turns 5 this month, so this is the time Crystal and I are reminiscing!).

The actual years are posted on some entries, but if you missed them, it's easy to assume it's all happening now.

Thanks, Saundra, for clearing this up for anyone who is reading.

And thanks, Marie, for your warm welcome of Crystal. I hope to hear more of her thoughts here, too! She's really something special.

Hugs to you both!

Reply to Msg #856
Back to Topics

Message #858 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Weebles Wobblog Thread
crystallovestyler
4/3/06, 7:21am
What a great day, chocolate chip cookies, labor, sleeping babies, painkillers, & family. What more could anybody ask for? Delivery!!!!!!

Marie, Lori was very calm, considering what was going on. I could tell that she was so excited & scared all at the same time. She was and still is wonderful. Hubby too, he was so great. He just did what ever we told him to do!!!

Best days of our lives!!!!!
Crystal

Reply to Msg #858
Back to Topics

Message #860 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
crystallovestyler
saundrabeach  
4/3/06, 1:42pm
graphic
"Boil water" couldn't resist...Wonder why that became a thing for the worried husbands to do at home births. Always see it in old movies. Get clean towels and boil some water.. Logically for sterilization, but when I was younger, I really thought they poured it on the laboring mother" Yikes, glad I WAS WRONG!...

TREAT OTHERS LIKE YOU WANT TO BE TREATED WELCOME EACH NEW DAY! Just When Your Children Are Fit To Live With, They Are Living With Someone Else!

Reply to Msg #860
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter