RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest15319 (54.162.15.31)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Blogger's Corner : Reading "Patience is both virtue and pain in the ass" Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #904 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Rob Reed  
Patience is both virtue and pain in the ass
5/3/06, 5:12pm (Last Edited: 5/3/06, 5:13pm)
graphic
We are noticeably getting a lot of feedback from our various friends, who seem to be just as impatient as we are in this process.

They don't understand how it could take so long for this to just happen.

Neither do we.

Clearly, I have a sinking feeling that we made a mistake with this particular agency. Our money would have likely been better spent with an attorney.

The potential for "bad things" to happen with an attorney is just too overwhelming, though. The idea that a birth mother can change her mind for six months (is this right, or is the figure lower), while we bond with the baby is just unfathomable -- especially considering how much we have gone through.

Another friend is recommending embryo donation.

Another friend is recommending that we try and get our money back.

Patience is a virtue. It also is a pain in the ass.

Then, there is a funny aside. A reader of our blog, who is involved with the same agency, heard the social workers at a seminar reference Marie and me TWICE (not by name).

We came up on the issue of blogging the experience, but they said that they were no longer mentioning our blog to anybody. I think that mainly has to do with the discussion that involved birth mothers a few months ago... c'est la vie.

The other sad news from that seminar is that a foster parent was introduced who very likely was holding the baby that we were hoping to be considered for the last time (the couple that changed their mind about adoption).

Blog news: I will be reimplementing guest posting within the week, hopefully... just have to find some extra web time, away from my baseball related projects (podcast is going great, by the way -- we have been interviewed twice, once by a very large, international publication -- and we are currently getting about 2500 listens per podcast).

--------------------------------------------------------
"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #904
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

AdoptBlog.com 's Blog

Message #905 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
BestLight
Re: Patience is both virtue and pain in the ass
5/5/06, 12:20pm
The other sad news from that seminar is that a foster parent was introduced who very likely was holding the baby that we were hoping to be considered for the last time (the couple that changed their mind about adoption).

Does this mean the bio parents are unable to parent? Will this child now go into "the system", or is there still a chance your agency will help place the child?

I, like your other friends, am eager for you and Marie to become parents. That will be one lucky baby.

Reply to Msg #905
Back to Topics

Message #906 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
robert w reed
5/6/06, 3:21am (Last Edited: 5/6/06, 5:21am)
I am not sure if I have been read here., I know that this is a very private web site, and I do not believe that I have voiced an opinion here., even though I am , of course, very much desirous of any, and all information pertinent to the subject., since I am the Father of Rob. Reed.
I apologise for sounding pompous but I am a very proud father., I am also very Proudly British,(now U.S.), I have lived here for 40 years, I can also PROUDLY state I am a Veteran of the Vietnam War, (no fault of mine, but perhaps taking the place of someone who refused,).,(dont necesarily blame them either, its been a long time.
must count for something.

ANYONE can be a parent, we see and hear horror stories every day of "so called parents" abandoning their children or inflicting abuse.
Parenting entails difficulties that have to be addressed through all stages of a childs development, these stages require patience, caring, but most of all Love.

It is not always an easy task, Robbie and his siblings did not present "a road to hoe", in fact they were wonderful children, must be the "luck I have always had', however I know better.
That is why I know that he and Marie will be wonderful parents.

It is , of course, an arduous task, and perhaps might be the "only chance" we have in life to "Achieve greatness", that in itself is a reason to leave an indelible mark on the world.

In fact, the chance to perpetuate ourselves favourably , and in SO doing, make the world a "far better place" than the one we entered is immeasureable.

Both of Robbie and Maries parents realised this , and were SO instrumental in knowing, that a Parent ALWAYS puts the child first, and is completely unselfish in that regard.

I know that , both of them, having that kind of parenting, and being incredible and wonderful human beings in their own right will ensure as "Best Light" says, "He/She will be a very lucky baby".

Reply to Msg #906
Back to Topics

Message #907 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
BestLight
Marie Reed  
5/6/06, 1:20pm
graphic
>
The other sad news from that seminar is that a foster
>parent was introduced who very likely was holding the baby
>that we were hoping to be considered for the last time (the
>couple that changed their mind about adoption).

>
>Does this mean the bio parents are unable to parent? Will
>this child now go into "the system", or is there still a
>chance your agency will help place the child?
>
>I, like your other friends, am eager for you and Marie to
>become parents. That will be one lucky baby.

No, actually, the birth parents decided to keep the baby. The weekend that the foster parent went to the seminar (which was a Saturday) was the weekend the birth parents were supposed to look at the profiles, but they didn't. It was the Monday after that we got the news that the birth parents wanted to keep the baby.

Thanks for your eagerness and your well wishes. I have no doubt that our baby will be coming to us soon.

I'm holding on to any Costco coupons that come our way for diapers and baby formulas just in case we get "the call". Love Costco!

Reply to Msg #907
Back to Topics

Message #908 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Marie Reed
Larry Levy  
5/7/06, 9:28am
graphic
We had that happen to us too. I remember our counselor telling us that the chances of that happening are much higher when the baby has older siblings.

" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121

Reply to Msg #908
Back to Topics

Message #912 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Marie Reed
BestLight
Message for you on Mother's Day
5/14/06, 8:57am
Hi, Marie.

Happy Mother's Day to you! I wanted to extend these greetings you you, since you are an expectant mother somewhere in your gestational period. Hope you get to sleep in and enjoy the day!

Lori

Reply to Msg #912
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

Marie Reed 's Blog

Message #913 of 1287  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
BestLight
Marie Reed  
Re: Message for you on Mother's Day
5/14/06, 4:47pm
graphic
>Hi, Marie.
>
>Happy Mother's Day to you! I wanted to extend these greetings
>you you, since you are an expectant mother somewhere in your
>gestational period. Hope you get to sleep in and enjoy the
>day!
>
>Lori

Lori,

Thank you very much! And nope... I didn't get to sleep in at all today. Rob and I went to his younger brother's graduation at Humboldt State University (over 600 miles away from here), and Rob and I are exhausted! We woke-up at 5:45 a.m. to drive from Eurika, CA to Sacramento, CA (5 1/2 hours drive) and then flew from Sacramento International Aiport to home.

We just got home, and we're pooped! But, there's still time to relax and enjoy the rest of the day.

Thanks again! I soon will experience to be a mommy (crossing fingers).

Marie

Reply to Msg #913
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter