RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest5173 (23.22.136.56)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : RRBBS Bible Study Group : Reading "Explore Worship Music #9: Leeland's 'Tears of the Saints' " Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #169 of 196  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Rob Reed  
Explore Worship Music #9: Leeland's 'Tears of the Saints'
10/1/07, 3:33pm (Last Edited: 10/1/07, 3:39pm)
graphic
Marie and I were invited to a Casting Crowns concert at the Anaheim Convention Center last night (it was amazing). I am not sure I have posted anything from them in the past, but I am certain that I will soon.

The highlight for me, though, wasn't the main band... but the two intro bands. The second band is one that I hadn't really heard of, until they played this song, and I was reminded that Marie and I had heard this song as background in a YouTube vid, and I had written "Leeland" down on some scrap paper so that I could download the song.

Unfortunately, I forgot about the band name and lost that scrap paper, but I am sure glad I was reminded of this band.

The lead singer is 19... and he and his brother (keyboardist) are excellent songwriters, as evidenced by this song. Excellent message, and it is extremely powerful.

The other was a solo act named John Waller. Nice stuff, too... downloaded both albums on Itunes this morning.

--------------------------------------------------------
"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #169
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

Rob Reed's Blog

Message #170 of 196  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Marie Reed  
Re: Explore Worship Music #9: Leeland's 'Tears of the Saints'
10/2/07, 9:11am (Last Edited: 10/2/07, 9:12am)
graphic
I had a great time at the concert. I definitely was surprised with the excellent worship music. Leeland was AWESOME!! You think you can borrow the lead singer's tight, red pants?

I've always liked Casting Crowns. As you know, I have one of their songs, "Voice of Truth", as my ringer tone on my cell. I'm now a bigger fan of Casting Crowns. Watching them live is so different from just listening to them on my iPod.

Reply to Msg #170
Back to Topics

Message #172 of 196  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Marie Reed
Rob Reed  
Re: Explore Worship Music #9: Leeland's 'Tears of the Saints'
10/3/07, 12:10pm
graphic
>I had a great time at the concert. I definitely was surprised
>with the excellent worship music. Leeland was AWESOME!! You
>think you can borrow the lead singer's tight, red pants?

LOL... that might be the only way I could hit those high notes. It was great watching some great music and worshipping God with you! So, when are we going again?

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #172
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter