RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest4272 (23.20.86.177)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : RRBBS Bible Study Group : Reading "Authentic Christianity " Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #179 of 196  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Rob Reed  
Authentic Christianity
6/12/08, 5:06pm (Last Edited: 6/12/08, 5:14pm)
graphic
In March of this year, a church had a trailer full of all of their stuff stolen. The Church put up billboards with their website URL saying: CHURCH TRAILER THIEF, Stealing from God. Ballsy."

The website contained this video of the Pastor's response. I love this response. Some might view it as insincere. I thought the opposite.

I don't know whether or not the thief took the Pastor up on the offer. And, I don't know that if he did, the Pastor had the cops waiting and/or the Pastor just beat the ever-loving stuff out of the poor fellow.

But, I like to imagine that the thief did show up... and that the Pastor and that whole North Carolina church welcomed the thief in with open arms.

hat-tip: prodigaljon.com

--------------------------------------------------------
"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #179
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

Rob Reed's Blog

Message #180 of 196  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Larry Levy  
Re: Authentic Christianity
6/13/08, 8:52am (Last Edited: 6/13/08, 8:53am)
graphic
Wow. Amazing video. I'd say the pastor is absolutely sincere. Christian forgiveness is a tough concept for many people. I pray they get the stuff back.

I know of a similar situation that happened recently. A friend of ours recently passed away with leukemia. She was a young wife and mother who's loss is very deeply felt to her family. To make matters worse, their car was broken into shortly after her death and all her belongings that she had in her hospital were stolen, including her wedding ring, which the father wanted to save for his daughter's wedding. Our friend's sister was able to go on one of the local news stations in San Francisco and make a plea to the thief to simply return the items and no questions would be asked. I don't think they have received anything back.

" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121

Reply to Msg #180
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter