RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest4272 (23.20.86.177)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : RRBBS Bible Study Group : Reading "L.A.M.B.S. #1: On Gay Marriage and Christian Protest" Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #181 of 196  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Rob Reed  
L.A.M.B.S. #1: On Gay Marriage and Christian Protest
6/17/08, 4:08pm
graphic
Just a new thing I'm working on through the cunning use of YouTube...

--------------------------------------------------------
"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #181
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

Rob Reed's Blog

Message #182 of 196  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Larry Levy  
Re: L.A.M.B.S. #1: On Gay Marriage and Christian Protest
6/18/08, 9:15am
graphic
Hi, Rob,

Amen!

You said exactly what I have been thinking the last several days that these protestors to gay marriage are doing us Christians more harm than good. It's too easy for non-believers to paint us all with the same broad brush.

Keep up the good work,

-Larry

" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121

Reply to Msg #182
Back to Topics

Message #183 of 196  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Larry Levy  
6/18/08, 9:37am
graphic
I asked Janice to view your video and this is what she wrote to me.......

"I do too and I also think that it is sad that all Christian's are judged buy the actions of a few. Isn't that also judgmental from the other side. I remember when we were in New Orleans and that Sunday was the Gay Pride Parade culminating Decadence weekend. There were all these Baptist protestors and we knew that from some of the signs they were carrying. They were screaming at the gay guys and the guys were screaming back. Alan and I were watching this from a distance and at the same time we both said, what do they think they will accomplish. If you want people to change then model what you want them to do and share your knowledge and beliefs but you can't force it on people. You just need to show them compassion and why your way might be better for them and lead them, don't shove them. We can share that we think our way is better but God did give free will and if you show someone and they choose not to follow you, don't stop loving them and sharing but accept that they will not see your way and move on.
Only God has the power to judge. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
Janice"

Reply to Msg #183
Back to Topics

Message #184 of 196  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
Rob Reed  
6/19/08, 8:19am
graphic
Thanks, Larry and Janice... my Pastor had some good thoughts on the video and not all of them positive... but in particular, what he said that struck me the most was the in order to show "authentic christianity" we must also love the bigot.

That slapped me in the face, because there is certainly an undertone in the majority of this vid that misses the mark in that regard (maybe not in he end, but surely through the first 70%). I made that comment to my Pastor, and he followed with: "but they have probably shut off your video by the time you get there."

Yup.

Loving the bigot is one very difficult thing to do.

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #184
Back to Topics

Message #186 of 196  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Larry Levy  
6/22/08, 9:37pm
graphic
Well, I guess when you think about it, we must even love the bigots, as hard as that is to do.

I think your video was great.

Reply to Msg #186
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter