RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest5209 (54.210.158.163)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Politics, Government & Law : Reading "Bush Speech" Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #1280 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
War Mongers
Chris Reed  
Bush Speech
6/29/05, 1:31pm
graphic
Before the war, one of President Bush's justifications for going to war was that we had to keep Saddam from allowing terrorists to build their operations there...

Now, in last night's speech, he says the reason we have to keep up the fight is because Iraq is a place where terrorists have gathered to build their operations.

Sounds like a chicken before the egg concept here.

Reply to Msg #1280
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

Chris Reed 's Blog

Message #1282 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Chris Reed
Robert Jones  
Re: Bush Speech
6/29/05, 6:18pm
I did not see Bush's speech and I have not yet heard any highlights from it.

I said before the war that I believed our involvement was necessary. We should have finished business the first time. I was convinced at the time that we would find WOMDs and I was convinced that we had better information than we did.

Our troops have conducted an operation that has removed a world cancer. I am hoping that we give them(our troops) the support and time needed to prevent it from coming back.

If Iraq has become a rally ground for terrorist then that is a good thing. They are expending their energies on foriegn soil against professional troops trained to eliminate them. That is as good as we could hope to achieve. I am glad that the world has not had to face a second 9/11.

--------------------------------------------------------
Friends are the best collectibles

Reply to Msg #1282
Back to Topics

Message #1285 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Jones
saundrabeach  
Re: Bush Speech
7/8/05, 10:28am
graphic
It was strange to hear the news media compare yesterday's tragic attack in London's subway system as "not as bad as 911" tragedy is simply that, do we have to compare who got the worst end of it...Nothing better to say? Media!!! Shame on You!!!

TREAT OTHERS LIKE YOU WANT TO BE TREATED WELCOME EACH NEW DAY! Just When Your Children Are Fit To Live With, They Are Living With Someone Else!

Reply to Msg #1285
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter