From
Subject
Date
All
saundrabeach  
Comments
7/19/05, 8:02am
graphic
Bill Clinton would get me vote again TODAY. Watching the news this morning and seeing him in downtrodden, poverty ridden Mozambique, Africa, was am amazing sight.

He in his crispy clean summer suit was quite a sight to see amongst these poor, aids ridden children and women.

Clinton's goals are to bring awareness and especially drugs to help relieve some of the problems aids has provoked within these victims.

His Southern warmth and charisma is welcomed by "smiling" victims of aids, many from birth. As sad as this scene looks, one wonders how they can "smile" at all, considering their environment and condition and plight. Makes one think.

Reminds me of the humble people of Fiji. "Bula" (greetings) to all and the biggest contented smile on their faces too I remember from a thrilling trip to their country.
What is their secret? No doubt we can learn from them...

I am happy to see the effect Clinton is having on these people. He gives them hope and needed medicine, which was not available to them, due to the inflated cost of same.

Whether one might argue his motives...I for one don't care. His foundation and notoriety are bringing forth a positive movement and noticeable change where it is so needed.

While, I will support Hillary in her future endeavors, is it because of "the Man behind the Woman"? Most likely. Well a little humor here...

--------------------------------------------------------
TREAT OTHERS LIKE YOU WANT TO BE TREATED WELCOME EACH NEW DAY! Just When Your Children Are Fit To Live With, They Are Living With Someone Else!

Reply to Msg #1290
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

saundrabeach 's Blog

Message #1291 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
saundrabeach
Robert Jones  
Re: Comments
7/19/05, 11:58pm
I try to look at a candidate and get a feel for them. I try to look at possible motivations and at agendas and track records. Some of the politicians I like are Arnold and John Edwards. I don't fit into a conservative or liberal mold. I don't subscribe to strict Republican doctrine nor do I fit squarely into the Democratic camp. I am not excited about two party politics either but that is another topic.

I would not have a problem voting for a woman for president. Gender and race are not factored into my considerations. That being said I am not sold on Hillary and it is very doubtfull she would get my vote.

Two other people that I would like to see toss hats into the ring are Condelezza(sp?) Rice and Colin Powell. I admire both Powell and Rice and their dedication to country and their service to their country. Either or both would get my vote.

Friends are the best collectibles

Reply to Msg #1291
Back to Topics

saundrabeach 's Blog

Message #1292 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Jones
saundrabeach  
7/20/05, 10:53am
graphic
I would like to see my Son, Robbie, throw his hat into the ring. He would really change politics. Hummm...an honest and ethical politician?/?

I admire Hillary's CHutzpah (sp) guts and nerve... She is my age and is soooo accomplished. Albeit she only had "1" child... It seems to me that there is no stopping her. While I am certainly smart enough to see through her mission in many ways. I still admire her efforts and goal seeking life.

I would love to see a JEW in the white house just because...

How about a Jewish Woman? hummmm. I am a Jewish Woman...but...

O.K. my sons...stop rolling your eyes...lol

TREAT OTHERS LIKE YOU WANT TO BE TREATED WELCOME EACH NEW DAY! Just When Your Children Are Fit To Live With, They Are Living With Someone Else!

Reply to Msg #1292
Back to Topics

saundrabeach 's Blog

Message #1293 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
saundrabeach
Larry Levy  
7/20/05, 11:34am (Last Edited: 7/20/05, 11:34am)
graphic
Rob can count on my vote anytime and anywhere!

" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121

Reply to Msg #1293
Back to Topics

Message #1294 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
saundrabeach  
7/20/05, 12:11pm
graphic
Let's start a campaign Larry.

Come back Robbie...as he runs for the hills...

Reply to Msg #1294
Back to Topics

Message #1295 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
saundrabeach
Rob Reed  
7/20/05, 1:10pm
graphic
>Let's start a campaign Larry.
>
>Come back Robbie...as he runs for the hills...

I can't stand political bureaucracy. If I am going to be in one, it'll be something like I am currently... say as a volunteer member of committees in a homeowner's association...

Being a politician would bring me nothing but unhappiness, I think.

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #1295
Back to Topics

Message #1296 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Larry Levy  
7/20/05, 1:28pm
graphic
>>Let's start a campaign Larry.
>>
>>Come back Robbie...as he runs for the hills...
>
>I can't stand political bureaucracy. If I am going to be in
>one, it'll be something like I am currently... say as a
>volunteer member of committees in a homeowner's
>association...
>
>Being a politician would bring me nothing but unhappiness, I
>think.

But Yoda you are. Save us from the dark side you will

Reply to Msg #1296
Back to Topics

Message #1297 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
saundrabeach
Robert Jones  
7/20/05, 5:21pm
Forgive me here but I never really understood what it meant to be Jewish. I am aware of historical implications and stereotypes but I have never understood what the big hoopla was all about in the first place. The world is full of people and a gazzillion or so different religous beliefs.

I have attended Baptist and Methodist churches. I have been to Greek Orthodox and Catholic services too. I never thought any different of anybody due to their religous beliefs.

Honestly, I think the closest I have come to disliking someone for their beliefs was after 9/11. I don't understand the Muslim faith but I understand enough to know that it is not everyone over there that is so henious...that it is a small faction with distorted views.

When I saw video of people dancing in the street celebrating the acts my blood ran cold.

Never the less, I am off topic again. What I am trying to say is that I never really understood what was suppossed to make Jewish person any different than any other person...that was my point.

Reply to Msg #1297
Back to Topics

saundrabeach 's Blog

Message #1298 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
Robert Jones  
7/20/05, 5:22pm (Last Edited: 7/20/05, 5:23pm)
I will vote for Rob and contribute to his campaign. Citizens for the betterment of RRBBS.

With you may the force be

Reply to Msg #1298
Back to Topics

Message #1299 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Jones
saundrabeach  
7/20/05, 9:06pm
graphic
>I will vote for Rob and contribute to his campaign. Citizens
>for the betterment of RRBBS.
>
>With you may the force be

Send contributions to Rob's mom, she'll find a use for the dough...shopping...lol Rob's too honest to accept it. Should have named him "Abe" Lov ya Son!

Reply to Msg #1299
Back to Topics

Message #1300 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Jones
saundrabeach  
7/20/05, 9:27pm
graphic
>Forgive me here but I never really understood what it meant to
>be Jewish.

It's good to be Jewish, It's also good to be any other RELIGIOM, which is what it is... I believe there is ONE GOD, and we are all his children (teenagers) with all of our complications, idiosyncracies as it were, sins, faults and incredible "minds of our own" with the "free will" he has given us to either screw up or benefit for the common good...

It means culture and what I find a "comfort" zone of being involved in tradition i.e. Fiddler on the Roof, Yentyl to name a couple.

Food = ONE OF MY FAVORITE PAST TIMES Try a Deli

It means not believing that Jesus was the Son of God (Messiah) or God as many Christiam religions are based upon.

Confusing to me how the New Testament can be billed as Christian vs. the Old Testament (Jewish following Torah) I have always personally believed that you have to believe in the old testament (or Jewish type beliefs) to see the fulfillment of the New testament.(Christian) Well opened a kettle of wax (now what the heck does that mean?) Well you asked Booga...Lary help me here... Remember I was the only kid in Catholic Boarding School in Burbank at 7 years old... Basically I BELIEVE IN ALL THAT"S GOOD. Wish I could go to confession though lol

I am aware of historical implications and
>stereotypes but I have never understood what the big hoopla
>was all about in the first place. The world is full of people
>and a gazzillion or so different religous beliefs.

>
>I have attended Baptist and Methodist churches. I have been
>to Greek Orthodox and Catholic services too. I never thought
>any different of anybody due to their religous beliefs.

Your are rare...A better world if more people thought as you do

>>
>Never the less, I am off topic again. What I am trying to say
>is that I never really understood what was suppossed to make
>Jewish person any different than any other person...that was
>my point.

Well, Love of "LOX for one; We are THE CHOSEN ONES...oops opened another wax container here. Profiles might also be a difference. Adding humor here, because while of course there are noted differences, hey I had four very different human beings with the same father and environment basically, and boy are they different. Great but different even within their sameness.

Now if you understand any of this I am happy, cause I am still trying to figyre it out.

Reply to Msg #1300
Back to Topics

saundrabeach 's Blog

Message #1301 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
saundrabeach
Larry Levy  
7/20/05, 9:45pm
graphic
Ok, I'll give it a go.......

"It means not believing that Jesus was the Son of God (Messiah) or God as many Christiam religions are based upon."

Right, though there are Messianic or "completed" Jews who believe Jesus was the promised Messiah, yet still practice Judiasm. I know quite a few.

"Confusing to me how the New Testament can be billed as Christian vs. the Old Testament (Jewish following Torah) I have always personally believed that you have to believe in the old testament (or Jewish type beliefs) to see the fulfillment of the New testament.(Christian)

Exactly. Most Christians I know agree too.

Now, Robert, about deli food...Next time you come out I will take you to Brent's Deli....Best anywhere!

Reply to Msg #1301
Back to Topics

saundrabeach 's Blog

Message #1302 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
Robert Jones  
7/21/05, 3:07am
I understand the differences in belief...

I always hear people saying "I'm a Jew" or "He's a Jew" or "She's a Jew"...I hear many stand up comics, Billy Crystal included, referencing being or someone being a Jew. I guess I never really understood the significance....my knowledge of one's religous beliefs never seemed to be that relevant unless the outcome of the convesation had to deal with a difference in belief.

I am not a very religous person anyway so perhaps the significance of the differences in belief are lost on me.

Reply to Msg #1302
Back to Topics

saundrabeach 's Blog

saundrabeach 's Blog

Message #1303 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
saundrabeach  
7/21/05, 8:29am
graphic
AHEM, Larry...What's a person have to do to gert an invite to Brents! lol I live to close eh? j/k

Thanks for coming in to help me with my Jewishness beliefs and knowledge.

All I know is I LOVE HALVAH, chocolate covered...yummmm It is like "liver" one either loves it or hates it, no in between...In my family of 6 Robbie, Chris and I just loved it and Jas, Mickey and Robert Dubya didn't at all. So I began to hide my treasure. "They" found it. lol

Reply to Msg #1303
Back to Topics

Message #1304 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Jones
saundrabeach  
7/21/05, 8:42am
graphic
Oh I now understand what you are referring to...The connotations that are put upon many ethnic, religions, gays groups are what comes into play in your mind here.

Jews have the reputation of being "cheap or frugal" (I am not) never have been whether I had money or was broke all relative...(but what do I know, I went to Catholic boarding school)lol

Lots of other things too.

Blacks are all supposed to be able to dance and/or sing. I personally know that is not true. They may love to do same but are naturally not necessarily endowed with these abilities.

Polish have hard times screwing in light bulbs or such things the jokesters decree...

Anyway, get it now Robert? I think people use well know connotations to take the onness off of the perception of possible truths whether they are true or not. Also to get a laugh. You might say it is part of our society to be in the "IN JOKES" so to speak. Whew hope this gives you more clarity.

Reply to Msg #1304
Back to Topics

saundrabeach 's Blog

saundrabeach 's Blog

saundrabeach 's Blog

Message #1305 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Jones
Larry Levy  
7/21/05, 9:40am
graphic
Hi, Robert,

I can make it even more complicated ......There are different movements within the religion: Orthodox, Conservative and Reformed, as well as Reconstructionist. Most don't consider Messianic Jews part of the picture, but I feel they are.

On top of that, you have Ashkenazi Jews (those who can trace their ancestry back to Eastern Europe and Russia) and Sephardic Jews, who ancestors came from Spain and were forced to leave during the Spanish Inquisition. Many settled in the Balkans and Greece.

Reply to Msg #1305
Back to Topics

Message #1306 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
saundrabeach
Larry Levy  
7/21/05, 9:42am
graphic
> AHEM, Larry...What's a person have to do to gert an invite to
>Brents! lol I live to close eh? j/k

Anytime!

>
>Thanks for coming in to help me with my Jewishness beliefs and
>knowledge.
>
>All I know is I LOVE HALVAH, chocolate covered...yummmm It is
>like "liver" one either loves it or hates it, no in
>between...In my family of 6 Robbie, Chris and I just loved it
>and Jas, Mickey and Robert Dubya didn't at all. So I began to
>hide my treasure. "They" found it. lol

I don't care for Halvah, but I like the rest of the stuff. I was mainly raised Sephardic, which had completely different dishes. Much more greek and Med. influence.

Reply to Msg #1306
Back to Topics

saundrabeach 's Blog

Message #1307 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
saundrabeach  
7/21/05, 9:51am
graphic
Yummm while these dishes sound so goos too Larry. I am very glad I don't have to "hide" my Halvah from you!!!

Reply to Msg #1307
Back to Topics

saundrabeach 's Blog

Message #1309 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
saundrabeach
Larry Levy  
7/21/05, 9:30pm (Last Edited: 7/21/05, 9:31pm)
graphic
>Yummm while these dishes sound so goos too Larry. I am very
>glad I don't have to "hide" my Halvah from you!!!

That, and the gefelte fish is safe

Reply to Msg #1309
Back to Topics

Message #1310 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
saundrabeach  
7/21/05, 11:33pm
graphic
>>
>That, and the gefelte fish is safe

Once a year is about all I can take of it with beet horse radish. I think at Passover where I don't want to offend my relatives that make it... Oh Yummm Kipper too lol. Relatives again. It is like confession eating all the bitter herbs and atuff at different times.

Chopped liver yummmm. Creamed Herring...Now I am hungry.

Reply to Msg #1310
Back to Topics

Message #1311 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
saundrabeach
Robert Jones  
7/22/05, 3:24am (Last Edited: 7/22/05, 3:32am)
>Oh I now understand what you are referring to...The
>connotations that are put upon many ethnic, religions, gays
>groups are what comes into play in your mind here.
>
>Jews have the reputation of being "cheap or frugal" (I am not)
>never have been whether I had money or was broke all
>relative...(but what do I know, I went to Catholic boarding
>school)lol
>
>Lots of other things too.
>
>Blacks are all supposed to be able to dance and/or sing. I
>personally know that is not true. They may love to do same
>but are naturally not necessarily endowed with these
>abilities.
>
>Polish have hard times screwing in light bulbs or such things
>the jokesters decree...
>
>Anyway, get it now Robert? I think people use well know
>connotations to take the onness off of the perception of
>possible truths whether they are true or not. Also to get a
>laugh. You might say it is part of our society to be in the
>"IN JOKES" so to speak. Whew hope this gives you more
>clarity.
>
>

That is not quite it either Ms. Sandi. I guess historically Jewish people have suffered much because of their beliefs and perhaps some of the stereotypes. I don't understand the animosity that has been directed toward Jewish people.

One of the things in your original post was alluding to a Jewish woman being elected president...a double whammy somewhat alluding to the unlikeliness of a woman being elected moreso a Jewish woman.

I guess I don't quite understand why there might be a prejudice against someone of Jewish faith. Billy Crystal once described an incident where he met Muhammed Ali. Ali asked him to come play golf with him at a local exclusive course. Billy Crystal told Ali that he (Crystal) would not be (welcomed) allowed to play at that course because he is Jewish. Ali was astonished and replied something like "They won't let you play there!? Well damn! I'm a black muslim, what do you think they will think of me there?

Reply to Msg #1311
Back to Topics

saundrabeach 's Blog

Message #1312 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
Robert Jones  
7/22/05, 3:34am
>Now, Robert, about deli food...Next time you come out I will
>take you to Brent's Deli....Best anywhere!
>
>
>

Hi Larry,

You are on.

Reply to Msg #1312
Back to Topics

Message #1313 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Jones
saundrabeach  
7/22/05, 7:21am
graphic
>>
>>
>
>
>That is not quite it either Ms. Sandi. I guess historically
>Jewish people have suffered much because of their beliefs and
>perhaps some of the stereotypes. I don't understand the
>animosity that has been directed toward Jewish people.

Kudos to your parents Robert!!! One (me) is amazed that you have escaped the truths and/or myths relating to Jewish Folk... It is indeed exciting and refreshing to me to meet someone without these preconceived notions. Didn't think it was possible.

>
>One of the things in your original post was alluding to a
>Jewish woman being elected president...a double whammy
>somewhat alluding to the unlikeliness of a woman being elected
>moreso a Jewish woman.

The same as above* How can you be naive in this respect? Why aren't there more people like you around... I could have also stated "A Jewish Black Woman"

>
>I guess I don't quite understand why there might be a
>prejudice against someone of Jewish faith. Billy Crystal once
>described an incident where he met Muhammed Ali. Ali asked
>him to come play golf with him at a local exclusive course.
>Billy Crystal told Ali that he (Crystal) would not be
>(welcomed) allowed to play at that course because he is
>Jewish. Ali was astonished and replied something like "They
>won't let you play there!? Well damn! I'm a black muslim,
>what do you think they will think of me there?

There ya go: a fine example of more preconceived thoughts which were and probably are still very much in the forefront.

I remember when I was 20 and in Miami Beach, at the time Arthur Godfrey, a well know talk shoe kinda jokester of the day, had a Country Club and specifically posted that "NO JEWS ALLOWED" hurmph! This was in 1968! Makes me shudder when I remember seeing the sign...

What do you know about Hitler? Slavery both regarding the Jews and the Blacks.
>
>
>

Reply to Msg #1313
Back to Topics

saundrabeach 's Blog

Message #1314 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
saundrabeach
Robert Jones  
7/22/05, 11:08pm
As I said before, I am aware of the historical implications...I have studied history extensively and read many books and stories about WWII and the holocaust. I have seen hate graffiti and messages but I have never really understood why the hatred ever existed in the first place.

On another side of this discussion, I have never really been exposed to Jewish culture. I am aware that there are different holidays and feasting and fasting. Most of what I know about Jewish traditions are from exposure of Jewish culture on t.v. If I make it out there again and y'all decide to take me on a tour of Jewish culture make sure it is on one of those feasting days....I ain't so much into that fasting stuff.

Reply to Msg #1314
Back to Topics

Message #1315 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Jones
saundrabeach  
7/23/05, 10:24am
graphic
>take me on a tour of Jewish culture make sure it is on one
>of those feasting days....I ain't so much into that fasting
>stuff.

As far as "fasting stuff" no way would I introduce you to taht.

Instead when you and Patti come to Vegas, I will cook and present you with JEWISHNESS comfort,,,food

Then you will know why Robert Dubya married me and what good eating is....lol Better diet before you get there, cause it is all fattening to say the least....yummmmmmmm Ah Patti better leave Pisces at home, he would scare my little Wickett's socks off, if he wore any.......Ms. Saundra

Relax on the Jewish thing. The world is what it is, If it were any better we wouldn't seek God and his heaven.......A thought....

Reply to Msg #1315
Back to Topics

saundrabeach 's Blog

saundrabeach 's Blog

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter