RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest4952 (23.22.136.56)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Politics, Government & Law : Reading "Global warming" Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #1380 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
murphy brown  
Global warming
8/30/05, 4:05pm
graphic
Dear Mr President....Could you tell me again about how there isnt a problem with global warming after what happend in New Orleans and the surrounding area. Maybe just explain in your own words how the water in the gulf got to be 90 degrees.

The devastation is beyond imagination....Every time I turn on the news or go to the news online theres more sad stories to tell.

Many told of folks pulling down the staircase to the attic only to have the water rise and trap them there....drowning them. I never realized that some folks actually kept an axe in their attic just for this reason.

Sorry Robert I dont see anything "wonderful" or "magical" about any of this. It brings tears just typing here.

Theres been serious conversation in this house about religion and the part it plays in all this which I wont share here.

To those in harms way....our thoughts go with you.

--------------------------------------------------------
"Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave
safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, totally worn out, shouting..Holy Shit!!
What a Ride!!"

Reply to Msg #1380
Back to Topics

Message #1381 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
murphy brown
Robert Jones  
Re: Global warming
8/30/05, 5:36pm (Last Edited: 8/30/05, 7:36pm)
Murphy,

I feel horrible for the victims of the storm. The results of the storm are a worldwide catastrophy. There is nothing wonderous or magical about that. That scene would be more adequately described as horrific or appocolyptic. When I wrote that line it was not meant to describe the damage it was doing west of me or the trauma they were going through there. It was describing the immediate scene that I could see, touch and feel here. This storm and the damage it caused is exponentially worse than anything I have ever witnessed or been through. I feel for each and every victim.

To me storms are a phenomena of nature and because they are natural and of nature, I am, and always will be in awe of them. It is the storms themselves I marvel at, not the harm they cause.

Believe me Murph, I have shed tears over the victim's plight myself. One of my closest friends was dispatched over there today to aid in the relief effort. The siuation over there is very dire.

Friends are the best collectibles

Reply to Msg #1381
Back to Topics

Message #1382 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Jones
murphy brown  
8/31/05, 12:56pm
graphic
Hi Robert...Didn't mean to offend...I was just so upset at the news coming from the region is all.

Just heard about a hospital where the helicopters couldn't land beccause everything was covered in water so the hospital staff went out and cut down every power pole surrounding the hospital...drug them all together to make a landing field...then with plywood made a makeshift gurney walkway from that to the entrance.

No AC cause the generators cant support both that and the rest of the hospital power.

The nurses where I work have been contacted and asked to donate their time but I dont know of any who will go.

What a Ride!!"

Reply to Msg #1382
Back to Topics

Message #1383 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
murphy brown
Robert Jones  
8/31/05, 9:03pm
I know Murph, everyone is on edge about this. It is anothe 9/11. We have half of the agents from our office over there doing law enforcement and humanitarian activities. They are deployed somewhere between Gulfport and New Orleans. I would go if they would let me but I am not part of the SRT team so I am helping in holding down the fort. We are seeing a number of evacuees in town. Hopefully we as a nation will turn the corner on this thing soon and get our resources deployed to ease the suffering.

We have some good people working the problem and we have the support of the nation and the world. We will be getting the upper hand soon and start making inroads on bringing some relief to the misery.

Reply to Msg #1383
Back to Topics

Message #1384 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Jones
murphy brown  
New Orleans
9/1/05, 7:00am
graphic
If anything good can be said it is that it makes us pull together as a nation. To listen to how people here are packing up in teams and heading for there is heart warming.

One fire department crew stood on a street corner and collect $16,000 to send for relief. One fellow threw a $1,000 check in their bucket as he drove by.......Another family here started a fund by donating $10,000.....

What a Ride!!"

Reply to Msg #1384
Back to Topics

Message #1388 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
murphy brown
Robert Jones  
Re: New Orleans
9/1/05, 6:12pm
Murph,

Rest assured there are noble acts of heroism going on all over tonight and have been going on since before the storm. The media has somehow missed the compassion and good that is happening but it is out there. We have many of our nations finest people working the problems there. From what I have heard there are acts of compassion going on around the globe to provide relief and aid.

Reply to Msg #1388
Back to Topics

Message #1391 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Jones
murphy brown  
Re: New Orleans
9/1/05, 8:03pm
graphic
>Murph,
>
>
>Rest assured there are noble acts of heroism going on all over
>tonight and have been going on since before the storm. The
>media has somehow missed the compassion and good that is
>happening but it is out there. We have many of our nations
>finest people working the problems there. From what I have
>heard there are acts of compassion going on around the globe
>to provide relief and aid.

Oh for sure.....the hours and hours of news today showed one act of compassion after another. 10 nurses standing on the roof of a flooded hospital with armloads of newborns...and helicopters landing to take them to safety........and on and on.

What a Ride!!"

Reply to Msg #1391
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter