RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest5765 (3.83.236.51)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Politics, Government & Law : Reading "Hamas Takes Control of Palestine" Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #1584 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Chris Reed  
Hamas Takes Control of Palestine
1/26/06, 10:31am
graphic
So let me get this straight…..
One of the big reasons why the neocons wanted us to go into Iraq was because it would have a “domino effect” where peace-loving democracy would spread throughout the Middle East.
They said the moderates in Iran would overthrow the hard-line mullahs and the Israel-hating, terrorist elements would be droned out to non-existence in Palestine.

Nearly four years later, we now have a hard-liner elected president of Iran who is faithful to the mullahs and wants the destruction of Israel and America, and the nuclear weapons to do it. And we have Hamas now in full, elected control of Palestine.
Meanwhile, we’re still Iraq’s occupiers with more than a trillion tax dollars spent and no end in sight.

What was that Ronald Reagan said about whether we’re better off now than we were four years ago?

Reply to Msg #1584
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

Chris Reed 's Blog

saundrabeach 's Blog

Message #1585 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Chris Reed
Robert Reed  
Re: Hamas Takes Control of Palestine
1/27/06, 11:57pm (Last Edited: 1/27/06, 11:58pm)
graphic
Thankyou Chris, for , as always, a very well thought out opinion.

I take great pride in the fact that ALL of you have such knowlege, and are not adverse, to speak your mind.
I do believe that the U.S. was, and still is always taking "the high ground", is benevolent, and along with it's closest ally, the U.K. wanting to promote democracy and fair play throughout the world.
However, you are right, democracy as we know it is alien to many parts of the world.
Leaders, in these countries, only rule through suppression, sadly, that is all the populace of these countries know.

Where the world is headed is very frightening, for it is only a matter of time before these same tyrants obtain nuclear weopons.
Countries have been "taken over" by fanatics.

The "percieved middle east dominoe effect", has reulted in the democratisation of fanatisism, as you said Hamas and the rulers of Iran now put the western powers in a terrible predicament, Israel, as the ONLY true democracy in that region, is obviously in peril.
I do believe the Bush administration meant well, however, as this scenario is playing out a "hornets nest", has been created.

Reply to Msg #1585
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter