RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest5765 (3.83.236.51)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Politics, Government & Law : Reading "This Really Angers Me" Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #1779 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Robert Jones  
This Really Angers Me
7/12/06, 2:20am
The U.S. Forest Service has made a proposal to allow the use of helicopters, four-wheel vehicles and poisoned bait against predators in wilderness areas. This according to an article at

http://durangoherald.com/asp-bin/article_generation
.asp?article_type=news&article_path=/news/06/news06
0710_2.htm

I am very alarmed at this proposal or the fact that it is given any serious merit. I am not thrilled with the fact that private livestock is allowed to be grazed in these areas but apparently this concept was grandfathered in when the land was designated wilderness.

In my mind, if a rancher decides to graze his livestock in a designated wilderness area he/she then subjects himself to losses of livestock to predation and should have no recourse against the predators or the managing agency. I also think that ranchers should be allowed to utilize vehicles or any other device not allowed in the wilderness area for the managing of his/her stock. I feel that if grazing is allowed that it is a courtesy and not a right and that anyone who takes advantage of the free grazing should be subject to the laws and rules of the area without special consideration. I think that the land belongs to the public and the emphasis should be on the public. I also feel that the land should be managed to remain in as natural a state as possible. I personally do not feel that domestic cattle and sheep have a place or a right to be on public lands that are a part of a nationally designated wilderness area. The ranchers certainly should have no right to poison the predators that exist within that area. I don't think that poisoned bait has a place as a management tool on public lands against animals that are native to those areas.

--------------------------------------------------------
Friends are the best collectibles

Reply to Msg #1779
Back to Topics

Message #1780 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Jones
Larry Levy  
Re: This Really Angers Me
7/12/06, 9:24am
graphic
I totally agree.

Unfortunately the ranchers have a big lobby, and you know what that means.

" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121

Reply to Msg #1780
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter