RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest10689 (34.239.162.61)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Politics, Government & Law : Reading "Holy Cow...or Rather Holy Richard Gere " Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #2014 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
ALL
saundrabeach  
Holy Cow...or Rather Holy Richard Gere
4/18/07, 12:16pm (Last Edited: 4/18/07, 12:37pm)
graphic

Hindu nationalists are burning Richard Gere in effigy because of his over-affectionate behavior toward a popular Bollywood actress.

I watched the video showing Gere speaking sexual phrases in English and Hindu with curiosity. What's happening to celebrities?

Gere has for over 25 years been a strong advocate and spokeman for the Tibetan causes. Now at least three attorneys have filed suit over this. Maybe Gere should have known better after being around this culture for so long. Maybe he was drunk, is that an excuse ever? Better the "Twinkie Defense"

He grabbed the beautiful spokeswomen and pawed her and dipped her over American dance style. Maybe he thought he was being funny. Our American humor sometimes forgets the respect of foreign cultures.

They were not only burning stuffed images of Gere, but photos of the woman. She, out of shock and embarassement laughed. She couldn't have stopped or predicted what he would do... I wonder if she is in danger. Hope not.

Our celebes need to be educated in more diplomacy abroad, me thinks.

--------------------------------------------------------
TREAT OTHERS LIKE YOU WANT TO BE TREATED WELCOME EACH NEW DAY! Just When Your Children Are Fit To Live With, They Are Living With Someone Else!
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply to Msg #2014
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

saundrabeach 's Blog

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter