RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest10689 (34.239.162.61)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Politics, Government & Law : Reading "Wake up America!!!! " Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #2019 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Robert Reed  
Wake up America!!!!
4/30/07, 11:31pm (Last Edited: 5/1/07, 12:21am)
graphic
I do not blame people for wanting to better the lives of themselves and their families.

however,failed immigration policies as they now are, only guarantee that, absorbing the poor, failed, disenfranchised individuals which as we presently are, will only lead to a "failed and drained" economy.

The ramifications of this will lead to a "poor, drained,", and VERY militarily threatened U.S.A.

Anyone with any common sense, and sense of reality would see this.

sadly, Americans, along with many very good intentioned peoples around the "so called"free world, are completely oblivious.

Politicians are taking advantage of the situation, seeking votes, or allowing corporate greed.

I, immigrated to this country, alone, 42 years ago, at age 19.
I had to undergo physicals, interviews, and stringent background checks, paid for by me, and or my parents.
Today, those waiting legally do the same, this is so often overlooked, in that these people who are "working within the law", at great expense are made "fools of", in that they "Want to do it right".

Tomorrow, thousands of people who really "hate" this country, perhaps some who do not, but in any case "promoting Illegality", and supported monetarily by local govts. and officials, as well as "so called" church officials", will March and protest, and support, Illegality.

America, is certainly not the country I emigrated to.
It no longer respects it's own laws, or perhaps, more, those who have sworn to uphold the laws, DO NOT., I believe the latter applies,

The U.S. "has a long way to go" to combat world opinion., often undeserved and unwarranted, since the U.S. in terms of charity to others, is a larger benefactor than any other.

In "Tomorrows world", "Illegals who mean us harm", will be blatant in their unlawfulness, because we will have allowed "unlawfulness to go on, -- and on -- and on, with NO consequence.

WE will have built for ourselves our own "Trojan Horse".

History has a habit of repeating itself, e.g. the Roman Empire disintegrated, from being oblivious , self aggrandisement and ignorance., similar, one could say to the present day U.S.A.

However the forces we are "up again'st" promote a medieval philosophy, whilst possessing 21st century weaponry.

They state they "long to die", whilst most of us "long to live".

In my opinion any force , hateful of this country will use this "Trojan horse" to it's advantage.
This purpose, in my opinion , is that anytime in the future there will be weapons designed to mass destruct, imported across our borders, (they may very well be here now,), we will have done NOTHING.

A scenario could involve internal "Street gangs", helping in any revolt., at this point in time , little or nothing is done to "break them up", as per usual we are "oblivious and ignorant.

We are presently at "war" with forces who seek to destroy us, MOST of those who will "march" tomorrow will be the usual "innocent lemmings", MANY , will be "conspiratorial proxies", who wish to "fill the Trojan horse", as "fast as they can".

Presently, most of us enjoy a great lifestyle and are "blind" to anything that would change that, most No. Americans are oblivious to the world around them, i.e. geography of the world, and the history of mankind., and are ignorant of same.

,No. America has Never had to deal with a "prolonged" attack , geographically affecting much of It's populace.

U.S. foreign policy is handled by people who reflect the same ignorance of the worlds geography , as well as it's history, TOTALLY , detrimental to ALL of us.

Reply to Msg #2019
Back to Topics

Message #2023 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Reed
Mike Reed  
Re: Wake up America!!!!
5/3/07, 1:10pm
graphic

The topic of immigration in the United States is interesting considering this is a country of immigrants. Look around you, unless you live in a city neighborhood that has a majority of Native Americans as its inhabitants, or on a Res (reservation), than everyone you see is related to a person who was an immigrant to this land.

For some, this simple concept is hard because we were born here. I don't know the Ukraine, I know the United States. (I do know Wales a bit though, my other half =))So I feel that this is my home and the only home I know like most born here.

Immigration and immigrants sits at the heart of what has formed this country.

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

"The New Colossus, by the nineteenth-century American poet Emma Lazarus

This quote sits at the base of lady liberty, you know the statue that our "enemies" the French gave us when they successfully cutt off the British supply lines causing us to win the revolutionary war a lot sooner.

This quote no longer rings true today, but it tells us where we have come from. We started off with this huge chunk of land. The natural inhabitants were seen to be in the way and were slaughtered in a genocide that this countries leaders still refuses to acknowledge. (Just go to the Smithsonian museums to see examples of that) The only way to flood the gates with Europeans was to open its doors to the poor, the tired, the ones that were the undesirables in their mother countries.

With all this understood, I have to agree that this country is different from where it has come from. Computers, the telephone, plane travel, cable tv, the internet, automatic "hand held" guns, fertilizer at your local store (a big ingredient in making a type of home bomb.

Today we live in a different world where one can mail a bomb to your house without it getting detected. IT is a very scary time that most of us can conveniently not pay attention to because American Idol doesn't talk about it, or the new show with a member of the "friends" cast didn;t make a joke about it.

IN my opinion, we need to stop fighting a war that cannot be won. (the Iraqis I believe will go into all out civil war but this is inevitable unless we install a dictator similar to Saddam) Its our fault that this will happen. The British drew up the political lines of Iraq putting 3 different ethnicities together that hated each other. Saddam held the glue together with brutality, but now the US has taken away the fragile backbone of the country. Yes he was brutal, gave money to suicide bombers who would kill Israelis, and even approved of an attempt to assassinate Bush sr. But quickly, don't forget, the US supplied him with his weapons of mass destruction and technology in the first place, Israel bombed his country, and the US pushed him out of Kuwait in the name of liberating another country only to reinstall their dictator, create a US base, and insure that the oil stayed under US corporate dominance in the middle east.

By bringing our largest military resources back home we can focus on stabilizing this country. Lets keep our bases, the world is too unstable not to. But we need to close our borders.

This is not a permanent close. But we need to find out who is here. We need to develop a new system of immigration and travel.
We are spending so much money away from this country when everyday this country is falling apart. Around 1/4 of this countries citizens have a passport. A passport is a legal form of identification, but did any of you know that in the State of California it is illegal to accept a passport only as a legal form of identification. Why? because barely any Americans have them. Sorry foreigners, a lot of bars don;t follow this rule, but don;t come to the bars where I live unless you have a California ID or license. We can thank organizations like MADD for that one.

To most, this country is doing just fine. Yea there are some problems, but hey nothing is perfect.
But can you imagine if we focused our resources on education and the improvement of our country as well as the lives of its citizens. Can you imagine a United States such as this.
Imagine when we send soldiers into battle (most usually being among the lower classes of society) and each soldier knows 3 or more languages, knows how to critically think, and can bust out equations statistical or other that can help them determine if the wind, type of year, and past history of an area is right for an attack.

Imagine our new immigration policies. Like my father stated in his blog, when he came to this country, he went through this elongated procedure that he had to pay for himself. He didn;t have a lot of money if one considers he was living off Pinks hot dogs which were around 10 cents a dog back then. (I'm sure the line was a lot shorter too) Today, its easier and a lot more beneficial for a immigrant to come here without going through the process because not enough resources are directed into the right areas. Imagine the border crossing if the majority of the resources were not going just to drug trafficking.

The US needs to make the deterrence enough to thwart the influx of illegal immigrants. On top of that they need to make it more beneficial for immigrants that come here legally. (but the process needs to be extensive.

By not punishing employers of illegals, the US is turning a blind eye at the heart of the problem. If there was no work, why would illegals come here. Many could get fake identification from the streets, but with more money and resources, that business could be seriously hit hard.

(To all you omnivores, ever wondered who cuts your meat. All illegals)

There are so many issues tied up with this one.
JOBS:
Well illegal immigrants, usually those south of our border create a cheap labor force that helps keep food at lower costs. This is true, but it doesn't have to stay this way. Once these jobs were performed by everyone, legal and illegal. Illegals have taken over this industry because their employers can be greedy and not legally have to pay them very much, and American culture has evolved to no longer want to get their hands dirty. No wonder we are getting fatter and fatter. (besides all the fast food) Humans are animals, and we are meant to work hard. We are evolving out of this to the fat, and lazy culture we are today.

I believe that these food jobs can be taken by US Americans. Whether you just got your citizen approval or were born here, it can be considered a good paying job if we want them to be. The price doesn't have to jump up if we allow more entrapanuers to farm instead of only some, with the bulk coming from huge corporations. Corporations set the price, but they also ensure that less regular people can make a profit because they can always produce more at a lower cost. But if we turned the tables and gave the tax breaks to the people and not the entity that our courts have determined is a person (the corporation). Last time I checked, a corporation is not a person, it is an entity made up if several people thus putting it in its own category. The supreme court says the opposite (corporate personhood).

I lived in Mexico for 2 1/2 months last summer with a Mexican family and went to a Mexican University. While there I really developed a good sense of what it means to be a US American from the perspective south of the border. In Mexico, the minimum wage is 4 dollars a day for about a 8-10 hour work day.
While there I became close friends with a teacher of mine whom legally taught at my University in the US for a year and then went back to Oaxaca Mexico. This is one of her stories:

She was born in Mexico City in a somewhat middle class family. Since, her brother, sister, and mother have all legally immigrated to the US. Some of her cousins are there illegally. Instead of going illegally, she decided that she wanted to do this diplomatically. She wanted to be respected as a US citizen. But after applying numerous times and going through the process, she has been denied repeatedly. This woman is in her late 30's, has taught in Canada, the US, Japan, and a few other European countries. She has her masters degree, and is a well respected member of her community. In a country that is dying for teachers (especially ones that will work for nothing wages) she doesn't get acceptance. A country that has accepted her mother, sister and brother will not accept her. Her words to me " why am I doing this the legal way? I know numerous people who could connect me with a way to get there illegally. I'm trying to do this the legal way, but the US policy makes me feel that the only way I can become a US citizen is to go there illegally." (to put this into more context, this was around the time congress was playing with the idea to make all illegals in the country legal and then start a new policy from there.

The people marching in the streets are very passionate, and their passion should not be overlooked. They are doing our work, and then getting thrown to the sharks. They have every right to be angry. They can get a job here, do our work, pay taxes for all the products they buy in the markets and stores (which is a lot), and yet they are not respected, and are told get out.
Get out? , well then stop hiring them!!!

We shouldn't look at these people as being ignorant and without a right. We should be looking towards ourselves and asking; why are they so passionate? is there something I'm missing that they understand which helps fuel their fire? How do they view this situation from their perspective? Their perspective is key. Most of us including myself tend to forget that people view things from different perspectives.

One last thing I feel I should say is that we are alienating US Americans. Whether all you white people like it or not, this country is turning into a Spanish speaking country. It may not happen this lifetime or the next, but you can be sure it will. Numbers say it all. Look at the amount of Spanish speaking people in this country, and then look at the growth rates. Its inevitable. But what happens when a type of subculture in the US is constantly bombarded and ridiculed for not speaking English, being different ect. That subculture never develops a love for their new country. That subculture wont care about their new country because they feel it doesn't care about them. This could lead to a very unstable future United States and maybe even a new civil war. Its worse case scenario, but I believe the cards are on the table.
For some of you that don't know early California history, California's first constitution declared it a bi-lingual state (Spanish and English). White people later amended the constitution to no longer state this. But remember, California, New Mexico, Arizona, Parts of Colorado, Florida, and Texas (Texas became independent from Mexico before they were incorporated into the US union) were all under Spanish control, then Mexican control before the US military marched all the way to Mexico City and said its ours now. (of course there is more to the story, but I just wanted to put more context into the argument) A large portion of the land of this country, once contained inhabitants that spoke only Spanish or a type of Latin.

I have taken my first step in evolving instead of fighting to hold onto the past. I decided to learn Spanish. It hasn't even taken me that long but I have the ability to communicate in the 2 dominant languages of this country. I am not learning to become Mexican, Costa Rican, Chilean or even Nicaraguan. I am learning to be able to speak to my fellow Americans. I know I use this word loosely like all US Americans do, but in this sense, I am speaking to US Americans as well as all Americans. South, Central, and North.

A different note:

The enemy of your enemy is your friend. If we keep alienating Americans and non-Americans who speak a different language, guess who will be planting the nuke in our country. It wont be bin laden, nor the taliban. It will be Pedro who mows your lawn. Jose who cuts your meat. Pricilla who serves you coffee. Roberto who files your taxes. Miguel who picks your fruit. Francisco who patrols your streets in a police car. And even Soccorro who takes care of your children in day care.

Think about it white people, we are all immigrants and human beings. Lets change our policies, restructure immigration, re-focus our resources and educate our youth better. But most importantly, lets stop alienating our future.

Reply to Msg #2023
Back to Topics

Message #2024 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Mike Reed
Larry Levy  
5/3/07, 3:26pm (Last Edited: 5/3/07, 3:28pm)
graphic
Emma Lazarus: A Sephardic (Spanish Jewish) immigrant. The same as my grandparents.

Just a few comments:

No doubt that illegal immigrants do a lot of the work we are not willing to do and in many ways in addition to that, contribute to our society. Most are hard-working, honest people.

That said:

1. I disagree with the prevailing view of the protestors that illegals should be "fast-tracked" to citizenship. This is not fair to those (Your relatives and mine, for example) who had to study, wait several years and then be tested to be granted citizenship.

2. There has to be a limit on how many illegals we can take in before our many of our government services (welfare, health and education, etc.) collapse. I believe we are approaching that limit.

3. Regarding the woman in Mexico. She sounds very much like my cousins from Venezuela who may be deported and sent back to Chavez' regime, which is no friend to Jews, Sephardic or otherwise. Why could they be deported?? Because my cousins chose to obey the law and tried to immigrate legally. They can seek political asylum, but that is no guarantee they will be allowed to stay. Chances are, had they entered illegally, they could probably stay for as long as they wanted and get free social services to boot. That is simply not right.

--------------------------------------------------------
" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121

Reply to Msg #2024
Back to Topics

Message #2025 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Mike Reed
Robert Reed  
5/3/07, 6:14pm (Last Edited: 5/3/07, 6:15pm)
graphic
Michael, I am so proud of you, very well written, very inciteful, and i agree with much of what you said.
As your #1 "cheerleader", I always said you would continue to excel and "make us proud".
The era of accepting "the huddled masses", is very much in the past.

from the 40s on there was "a perceived brain drain" in that many highly trained professionals actively sought to emigrate, and so benefit the U.S.

There was also an unfair "quota system" that benefited mostly white europeans, to the detriment of the "non european world.
The U.S. being one of a few countries in the world which often promotes fairness and equality changed that unfair quota system.

Coincidentally,this happened in (the mid. 60s), when the U.S.finally practiced it,s own democratic principles in attempting to "right" many wrongs and it's apartheid form of gov't. which existed mostly in De facto form.

The "Voting rights act", and the "civil rights act" (1964, 65)are not that far behind us, though much has changed for the benefit of all.

Any nation however, must have a system of immigration which does not allow individuals who would seek to do us harm, or who would "openly flout the law".

It is to our benefit that we welcome people such as your spanish teacher over "rabble rousers" .

It is beneficial to anyone to speak more than one language, however a country MUST have one national language, or internal division will lead to unrest.
I agree with what you said about Iraq, it is a "no win situation", and bolsters my opinion that U.S. foreign policy (having little or no knowlege of Geography, and world History), had no idea what they were getting in to.
Iraq also has three distinct entities, all vying for power.
We have "opened up a powder keg".

The Sunni states, e.g. Egypt, Saudi arabia, Jordan etc. will continue to support the sunni minority, whilst the emerging nuclear, belligerent Iran will support the Shiite majority, the future therefore portends that we will have a war enveloping the entire area, it will likely affect Israel, and if it becomes nuclear it will affect us all.

Reply to Msg #2025
Back to Topics

Message #2027 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Reed
Robert Jones  
5/3/07, 11:18pm
Even the Native Americans were immigrants at one point. It seems the same fate that befell them might befall the rest of us if we can't stem the tide.

Friends are the best collectibles

Reply to Msg #2027
Back to Topics

Message #2030 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Reed
drrubb
5/5/07, 8:17am
Amen Mr. Reed!

Reply to Msg #2030
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter