RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest10842 (34.238.194.166)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Politics, Government & Law : Reading "'Bush Lapdog 'or 'Force of Change'/Tony Blair Resigns " Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #2041 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
ALL
saundrabeach  
'Bush Lapdog 'or 'Force of Change'/Tony Blair Resigns
5/10/07, 10:35am (Last Edited: 5/10/07, 5:12pm)
graphic

I for one am surprized by this announcement. I felt safer knowing that we (America) really had an ALLI that was there to back our cause (war) as promised by the promise of alli status. It saddens me that our President appears to be the contributing factor of the downfall of Tony Blair. Mr. Blair wholeheartedly supported Bush in his efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan. This proved to be his eventual resignation.

I wonder if Blair decided it would be more gracious to not only himself, but his party to resign, rather than to call an election, which he has the power to do, and then be defeated. I feel it was beneficial for the party to let them regroup and prepare for an election.

Rumor is that President Bill Clinton and PM Blair are in negotiations to form a corporation. Hummm Maybe Hillary will put Tony on her Cabinet! (Kitchen Cabinet?) lol

British Prime Minister Tony Blair resigns

British Prime Minister Tony Blair announced on Thursday that he will be stepping down from office on June 27 after 10 years in office.

Blair is responsible for putting his Labour party back into power, but after unstaggering support for George Bush and the Iraqi war and a series of scandals in his home land - Blair has decided to step down.

"I've been prime minister of this country for just over 10 years," Blair told party members Thursday, according to Reuters. "I think that's long enough, not only for me, but also for the country and sometimes the only way you conquer the pull of power is to set it down."

Blair's resignation paves the path for new Labour leadership for people like finance minister Gordon Brown who was Blair's partner in helping put the Labour party back into power.

Despite his low approval rating leading up to his departure, an opinion poll printed in Thursday's Guardian newspaper shows that 60 percent of voters predict Blair will be remembered as a force of change in the country, even though all of the changes won't be remember as good.

Many in England refer to Blair as a "Bush lap dog" since he has stood by the US President so steadfastly throughout the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

--------------------------------------------------------
TREAT OTHERS LIKE YOU WANT TO BE TREATED WELCOME EACH NEW DAY! Just When Your Children Are Fit To Live With, They Are Living With Someone Else!

Reply to Msg #2041
Back to Topics

Message #2042 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
saundrabeach
Larry Levy  
Re: 'Bush Lapdog 'or 'Force of Change'/Tony Blair Resigns
5/10/07, 12:17pm
graphic
I think Blair's been an excellent PM. Maybe exceeded only by Margaret Thatcher.

" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121

Reply to Msg #2042
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter