RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest10842 (34.238.194.166)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Politics, Government & Law : Reading "Hugo, is 'running Amuck!!! and Citgo should GO, or be Boycotted. " Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #2054 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Robert Reed  
Hugo, is 'running Amuck!!! and Citgo should GO, or be Boycotted.
5/29/07, 12:08am (Last Edited: 5/29/07, 12:21am)
graphic
I have mentioned Hugo Chavez,( as have others), a few times on this site.
History, is a subject that is beneficial to all of us, it is our past.
I feel it is important to be aware of the world around us, since it very much affects our future, and more importantly our children., there is an old Cliche, if we do not learn from our past mistakes, we are "doomed to repeat them".

Western Europe,(O'K, I know I mean the U.K. and to a much lesser extent France and Germ----y---Nahaahh,did not want to be accused of predjudice, I will be anyway, so I did not mean them) ---------------Therefore, U.K. and the U.S. are the "scapegoats" for all the "Ills" of the present day world.
Whilst we do have a history of not always doing what is right and fair, we have evolved in to nations which seek for the most part benevolence and the common good.

It is very difficult to deal with nations who wish us harm, especially when such nations have been taken over by Individuals who espouse "maniacal hate".
Hugo Chavez, is such a maniac., the "nutcase" Azbedinejad, (sounds like something from the "Arabian Nights"), is another.

In the last couple of days, the "most watched" television station in Venezuela was "taken over", by Chavez's armed forces, they were shut down and replaced by a "new state network"

The street riots that erupted as a result of Chavez's actions are unknown to most of the population of Venezuela, the media there will NOT report about the events, for fear of being "shut down".

To shut the media down, or make them cower and therefore be subservient, is the way it is always done., a recent example continues in Mugabes dictatorship in Zimbabwe

One could say "who cares", well, since Venezuela is one of the worlds biggest oil producers, and it's State owned Co. known as Citgo is making HUGE profits,by merely having "lots of gas pumps" on street corners of "everytown U.S.A." , one could surmise that we are "adding to the wealth coffers" of a ruthless dictator, and in so doing perhaps paying for "the dirty bomb" that is headed in this direction.

Reply to Msg #2054
Back to Topics

Message #2055 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Reed
Larry Levy  
Re: Hugo, is 'running Amuck!!! and Citgo should GO, or be Boycotted.
5/29/07, 9:02am
graphic
I'd really love to see my relatives move from there. My cousins have immigrated here, but their parents are still in Caracus.

--------------------------------------------------------
" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply to Msg #2055
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter