RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest5765 (3.83.236.51)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Politics, Government & Law : Reading "Is Paris 'Shagging' the Sherriff' " Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #2060 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Robert Reed  
Is Paris 'Shagging' the Sherriff'
6/8/07, 12:30am (Last Edited: 6/8/07, 1:49am)
graphic
I have lived in the U.S.A. for many years.
It is a great place to live, as is the U.K., however the weather is much better in California.

Freedom is often in abundance, but stupidity is often "a fellow traveler."

America, sometimes elects buffoons who barely speak English., sometimes it elects politicians ,(Jefferson), who take bribes, and hide same in "freezers"., those same politicians (after the fact), can be appointed to "The Homeland Security Comittee",(I.E.Jefferson, one of the first actions of speaker Pelosi), even though it is known he used National Guardsman,at a time when they were sorely needed, (A National emergency to save "lives) ,for his own criminal purposes, (Hurricane Katrina),he used guardsmen to act as a conduit, and provide cover, to destroy vital evidence that could be used in a potential prosecution.

A prosecution of Congressman Jefferson is imminent, (I think).

However, we do enjoy a great standard of living, better than most, and are free to remain Stupid.

I absolutely believe in the right to determine our own future, being fairly provided , through education,the key is that it be as open and fair as possible.
"America," "bends over backwards" to do just that, sometimes diminishing Quality, over Quantity.

Sometimes "open and fair" is not always possible, perhaps "affirmative action", in rare and warranted situations, is not always a "bad thing", if the person receiving such treatment, Earned it.

The "Earning" would be very important.

There is obviously a difference in how America treats it's Criminals.
If one is able to afford a high priced defence, the odds are "with you", in "getting off"., The "Butcher" Orenthal J Simpson
can attest to this., now , (at least for the moment), Ms. Hilton, joins "the ranks".

When I first came here from England, it "boggled my mind", that Law enforcement officials were elected.

Knowing that "Money " and monetary support was often the key to getting elected, I knew that the propensity to be Corrupted was very likely.

In granting P. Hilton such leniency One can only assume that Sheriff Lee Baca is not only corrupt, but beholden to the monied interests that gave him his job.

L.A. has a history of "corrupt Cops", Baca joins the ranks of "Klansman" Parker.
Though not necessarily Klansmen, Gates and Parks, were a "waste of space"., and also very corrupt, Parks is presently a City Councilman.

A long time ago, I worked for the L.A.P.D. I once met Gates,(in my opinion), a very aloof, egotistical, nasty fellow.

Reply to Msg #2060
Back to Topics

Message #2061 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Reed
Larry Levy  
Re: Is Paris 'Shagging' the Sherriff'
6/8/07, 9:59am
graphic
Wasn't than an Eric Clapton song? "I Shagged the Sheriff"

"But I did not shag the deputy"

--------------------------------------------------------
" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121

Reply to Msg #2061
Back to Topics

Message #2062 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Reed
Thomas Canty
6/8/07, 10:25am
I have a friend who works for the Sheriff's Department in the Oregon state prison system. He says it is very rare for someone charged with a probation violation for driving with a suspended license to serve any jail time for the first two or three offenses. He said it definitely sounds like Paris was getting special treatment -- as in being made an example of, not getting off easy.

http://www.ldphotography.net/

Reply to Msg #2062
Back to Topics

Message #2063 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Thomas Canty
Larry Levy  
6/8/07, 2:55pm
graphic
>I have a friend who works for the Sheriff's Department in the
>Oregon state prison system. He says it is very rare for
>someone charged with a probation violation for driving with a
>suspended license to serve any jail time for the first
>two or three offenses. He said it definitely sounds like Paris
>was getting special treatment -- as in being made an example
>of, not getting off easy.

I'd be interested to see how these violations are normally handled in California courts. I'm not sure Oregon is a valid comparison.

Reply to Msg #2063
Back to Topics

Message #2065 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
Thomas Canty
6/9/07, 1:21am
>I'd be interested to see how these violations are normally
>handled in California courts. I'm not sure Oregon is a valid
>comparison.

Maybe so, but on last night's NBC 11pm news, they were talking to someone from the L.A. Sheriff's department who pretty much said the same thing. He said most people arrested for the same offense would typically only spend a single day in jail, if they even got that much.

Reply to Msg #2065
Back to Topics

Message #2066 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Thomas Canty
Larry Levy  
6/9/07, 9:47am
graphic
>>I'd be interested to see how these violations are normally
>>handled in California courts. I'm not sure Oregon is a valid
>>comparison.
>
>Maybe so, but on last night's NBC 11pm news, they were talking
>to someone from the L.A. Sheriff's department who pretty much
>said the same thing. He said most people arrested for the same
>offense would typically only spend a single day in jail, if
>they even got that much.

Interesting. Maybe your friend in Oregon wasn't too far off then.

Maybe also that we should be keeping repeat DUI's in jail longer too.

Reply to Msg #2066
Back to Topics

Message #2068 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
Thomas Canty
6/9/07, 11:40am
>Maybe also that we should be keeping repeat DUI's in jail
>longer too.

My brother knows someone who recently spent a little jail time for DUI. I'd have to check with him to be sure, but I think it was his third offense, and it cost him a week. It might have been more time, though. I'm a little fuzzy on the details now.

I also knew someone once who was arrested on DUI. It was his first time, and while he didn't serve any jail time because of it, his life was pretty much screwed for the next ten years because of that. Fines, driving restrictions, increased or canceled insurance, etc.

Reply to Msg #2068
Back to Topics

Message #2069 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Thomas Canty
Larry Levy  
6/9/07, 3:34pm
graphic
>>Maybe also that we should be keeping repeat DUI's in jail
>>longer too.
>
>My brother knows someone who recently spent a little jail time
>for DUI. I'd have to check with him to be sure, but I
>think it was his third offense, and it cost him a week.
>It might have been more time, though. I'm a little fuzzy on
>the details now.
>
>I also knew someone once who was arrested on DUI. It was his
>first time, and while he didn't serve any jail time because of
>it, his life was pretty much screwed for the next ten years
>because of that. Fines, driving restrictions, increased or
>canceled insurance, etc.

Oh yeah. A DUI is bad news on all that. I'm very happy my son, Matt can't drink because of his Crohn's disease. He is the designated drive for when he goes out with his friends.

Reply to Msg #2069
Back to Topics

Message #2070 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Thomas Canty
Robert Reed  
6/10/07, 12:29am (Last Edited: 6/10/07, 3:38am)
graphic
>I have a friend who works for the Sheriff's Department in the
>Oregon state prison system. He says it is very rare for
>someone charged with a probation violation for driving with a
>suspended license to serve any jail time for the first
>two or three offenses. He said it definitely sounds like Paris
>was getting special treatment -- as in being made an example
>of, not getting off easy.

I am not sure what the appropriate punishment is to anything.
If one commits Murder, and has No feeling of remorse, or shame, I would have a difficult time feeling very sorry for them, if they receive the ultimate punishment, I.E. Death.

On this subject,(Murder), I have fluctuated on my opinion, I only know, that if a member of my family was Hurt in such a way, I would do my best to HURT the perpetrator, (To the Extreme).

Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with Ms. Hilton, but we have a problem in which this society for the most part is "Numb" to being responsible for individual actions.
Tonight, Brave men and Women, are receiving Mortar and Rocket fire , in a very small environment.

When I first arrived in Vietnam, we received Rocket and Mortar fire for the first three nights., and most nights of each week thereafter, for the next 13 months.

The vast majority of us, did NOT want to be there., I was barely 20 years of age, a member of an Army of a Country I had lived in less then SEVEN months,U.S.A. prior to induction,ten months after induction I found myself in a Foreign land ,(Vietnam), incredibly beautiful, but very dangerous.

I was very appreciative that a very large Bunker had been dug in expectation of our arrival.

We knew where we were,and were expected to behave in a way that would protect ourselves as well as the person to your right and left.

The reason I even mention this is that I believe people like Hilton, have NO idea what it is like to experience hardship, and be in a position whereby "You can not get out", and are being "fired on at the same time", tonight Men and Women in Iraq, are experiencing just that, and MANY, do NOT want to be there.

POOR PARIS, say a prayer for her , NOT me.

Paris Hilton represents the worst in American society, and is very detrimental to all.

She has not appeared in a Broadway play/ musical, she is not a "Film Starlet(Harlot), She has not indulged herself in helping others (as per Jolie,Madonna, McCartney, Elton John etc.---- ).

In other words, WHO is she, other than a "Spoiled Brat", "Foisted" on the populace , by "Mum and Dad Hilton.

At one end of the spectrum we have individuals who break the law out of desperation, they come from an existence offering no hope, some of their actions can not be condoned, but somewhat understood.

Hilton, "thumbs her nose" at society, believes the law "does not apply to her", and behaves accordingly.

Last night I heard a spokesman from the L.A. Attorney's office, when asked if Hiltons sentence was abnormal, he said that under similar circumstances he stated 30 days was often "handed out", she got 45, BIG DEAL, she will be out very early, I believe next week.

A D.U.I. offence is a VERY dangerous offence., one can KILL another human being , quite easily, not necessarily with intent, but DEAD is DEAD.

When one perpetrates such an act one can expect to have ones licence suspended, Hiltons was.,if one then drives without a licence, and is caught a second time (as Hilton was) one would expect retribution, Hilton, went home.

Caught a third time, driving with a suspended licence, at 70 mph down Sunset Blvd, she gets "The cuffs", "Poor baby", if she had been Black, Latino, or a White person with "piercing", long hair, and perhaps a "bad attitude", she would have been "thrown again'st the wall", she would have felt real pain, and she would have had more reason, to cry.

Reply to Msg #2070
Back to Topics

Message #2072 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
Robert Reed  
6/10/07, 5:10am
graphic
>Wasn't than an Eric Clapton song? "I Shagged the Sheriff"
>
>"But I did not shag the deputy"

I Love that Song.!!! , Sad for the Deputy though, especially if the "Shagger" was named Paris.

Reply to Msg #2072
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter