RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest10842 (34.238.194.166)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Politics, Government & Law : Reading "Ron Paul for 2008 " Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #2125 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
all
Mike Reed  
Ron Paul for 2008
7/21/07, 9:28am (Last Edited: 7/21/07, 10:18pm)
graphic

I have been liberal for many years now. Some years so far on the left I didn't know which way was right. Today, on the political compass, I find myself towards the middle with a slight tilt to the left.

Conservatism is not bad. To conserve is the necessary road in the future.

The environment,
spending
the number of births
harmful chemicals produced
unsustainable products
I am not a political conservative nor a political liberal. I am conservative about some things and liberal about others. That makes me vote not with a party, but with a person I feel will do the best job.

I do not agree with his desire to get rid of social programs. I think Social security, welfare, and workmans comp can all be beneficial. But they all need a new approach to help people change, not just keep them barely alive.

He also wouldn't be for unviversal healthcare like I think this country desperately needs.

BUT>.........
He is the candidate that I feel would actually do something that could shift this country back into the direction it should be going.
HE is a constitutionalist, a libertarian.

His ideas at first seem radical, but he actually breaks them down to a level that makes sense.

Watch this video and tell me what you think. If your interested, youtube him more.

Like I said, I strongly disagree with a alot of his policy, but I just as strong agree that he is the only candidate that will actually do something.

DO SOMETHING... Something worth while. A change, but a real change. This country is dying for someone to step up and lead us into the 21st century.

As of right now, Ron Paul has my vote for the presidency of the United States.

He may not have yours, but hey if your watching this video, at least your making an educated decision by studying different candidates.

BUt... if Al Gore was running, he would steal my vote. =)
I feel he would actually do some great change as well.

Ron Paul for 2008!!!!

Reply to Msg #2125
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

Mike Reed 's Blog

saundrabeach 's Blog

saundrabeach 's Blog

Message #2126 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Mike Reed
BestLight
Re: Ron Paul for 2008
7/21/07, 1:35pm
Hi, Mike.

I also matched well with Ron Paul on a political quiz I took.

He is quoted often in the movie From Freedom to Fascism. Based on what you have said, I think you would really find this movie interesting and scary and motivating. I think you can get the full length movie here (free, even?): http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303

Here is just one of many trailers you can view on From Freedom to Fascism from YouTube.

Reply to Msg #2126
Back to Topics

Message #2127 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Mike Reed
Rob Reed  
7/21/07, 10:20pm
graphic
"I have been liberal for many years now. Some years so far on the left I didn't know which way was right. Today, on the political compass, I find myself towards the middle with a slight tilt to the left."

Oh my God. Who are you and what did you do with my brother? All this BEFORE law school even starts? Sounds like you just might graduate law school as an evangelical preacher at this rate (I kid... I kid).

--------------------------------------------------------
"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #2127
Back to Topics

Message #2128 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Marie Reed  
7/21/07, 10:44pm
graphic
Clearly, Mike has crossed over and seen "the light".

Reply to Msg #2128
Back to Topics

Message #2129 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Mike Reed
saundrabeach  
7/23/07, 11:42pm
graphic
What fun to read young Mr. Reed! You go Michael! Like the new Picture.

Al Gore might accompany my Hillary? Hummmm!

TREAT OTHERS LIKE YOU WANT TO BE TREATED WELCOME EACH NEW DAY! Just When Your Children Are Fit To Live With, They Are Living With Someone Else!

Reply to Msg #2129
Back to Topics

saundrabeach 's Blog

Message #2130 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
BestLight
Mike Reed  
7/25/07, 2:14pm
graphic
Thanx for the clip, its def my cup of tea. Good luck on deciding in 08

Reply to Msg #2130
Back to Topics

Message #2131 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Mike Reed  
7/25/07, 2:29pm
graphic
Let me be clear that I stand by most of what I have always preached, I just have read more and find myself more balanced.

I don;t vote for a party, ethnicity, race, gender, or lifestyle (conservative / liberal)

I vote for who I think is the best for the job. Not just who will help me, but who will help the country as a whole.

Encourage everyone you know to vote, and research the candidates. Also encourage everyone you know to start talking about changing our electoral process to the popular vote. The days of the little states drowning from the bigger is over.
With TV, radio, and the internet, the little states representatives can still have a fighting chance.

We don;t directly elect the president. We elect electoral candidates (PArty supporters who have been selected by the running president) who are not on the ballot to go vote for who most people in that state voted for. But guess what, no law binds those electorals to vote for what the people want.

Example: In the 2004 election, one of the electoral candidates in a state that kerry won decided to place his vote for john Edwards. Nothing came from this, but it is an example of how the people are disconnected from politics. MAny say our vote doesn't count, well here's a case where they are right.

Vote people, read a book about the history of our constitution. It will motivate you to understand that out constitution is a living document created by people who did not have all the answers in a time that was very different from today.

it will motivate you to realize that our founding fathers were scared of the people. Why, because in large numbers we can cause a drastic change.

Stand up, voice your opinion, but always respect the opposite opinion of others. Otherwise we will get ourselves no where.

Reply to Msg #2131
Back to Topics

saundrabeach 's Blog

Message #2139 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Mike Reed
saundrabeach  
8/20/07, 10:50am
graphic
I find myself agreeing with you. However I have a question for you...

IF Hillary does in fact receive the nomination, which is looking pretty good at this point from the democrats...and she decides fr some interesting reason or brain damage to bring her "BILL" along as vice president and they win...should he bump her off...oops or accidently she die...would Cigar Bill be eligible to be PRESIDENT I know he has already served two terms...but...hummm. Anyone have thoughts about this possibility?

He cannot run for President again, but...

TREAT OTHERS LIKE YOU WANT TO BE TREATED WELCOME EACH NEW DAY! Just When Your Children Are Fit To Live With, They Are Living With Someone Else!

Reply to Msg #2139
Back to Topics

saundrabeach 's Blog

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter