RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest67451 (54.196.127.58)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Politics, Government & Law : Reading "Hedge funds , the John Edwards connection. " Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #2146 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Robert Reed  
Hedge funds , the John Edwards connection.
9/19/07, 3:46am (Last Edited: 9/19/07, 4:13am)
graphic
I am always admiring of people who attempt to learn the English language, particularly those who use a different alphabet.

The word hedge could refer to a group of shrubs designed to form a fence or barrier, in recent vernacular it could refer to doing something whilst pretending to do something opposite, hence "hedging ones bet".

Watching C.N.N. today I heard the word "hedge fund".

I looked it up, and it stated that it applied to accredited , qualified investors only, and that it was excempt from regulation,
Sounds like a "good scam" for people in "the know".

the dictionary says" an investing group in the form of a limited partnership that employs speculative techniques in the hope of obtaining large capital gains".

Nothing wrong with capital gains, except that "hedge funds " by design take advantage of "peoples misery"., in that they "buy up" properties from people who have "lost all" by way of foreclosures.

John Edwards,(Democrat hypocrite) was instumental in formulating a "Hedge fund" following the Catrina disaster, i.e. properties were bought up,(many abandoned as a result of the hurricane )having been foreclosed on, therefore "hypocrite Edwards", "super liberal", makes part of his fortune "on the backs of the downtrodden".

The Clintons put much of their wealth in to "offshore" bank accounts", thereby paying NO taxes, yet they want US to SPEND OUR money, not THEIRS.

Perhaps this monetary gain paid for at least one $500.00 (Edwards), haircut.

For the most part , I will continue to vote "Republican",(no more Bush),I refuse to vote for Hypocrites, or JUST A PARTY LABEL, I am a registered democrat, only because I feel better saying so,(especially at this point in time, ) and it is the party of F.D.R., who would be "turning over in his grave" if he "got wind" of "this lot".

Reply to Msg #2146
Back to Topics

Message #2163 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Reed
Mike Reed  
Re: Hedge funds , the John Edwards connection.
9/26/07, 11:19am
graphic
Well, I never liked Edwards. I thought it was smart of Kerry to bring him on because it might sway some southern votes, but I don't trust him. (nor do I most politicians) but something about him make me raise a red flag.

Now if he became the democratic candidate, and it was McCain or Giuliani against him, I would easily vote for him because McCain and 9/11 abuser for political gain giuliani are going to just keep the status quo, stay in Iraq, and continue with corporate preference over the average American.

Its sad what people do to make money. Its things like this hedge fund that usually only people who have money would be able to start or know about. The same people who have money always find loop holes like the Clinton's or Bush's, to pay less taxes. (not people who are just doing well, but people with a lot of money)

The only candidate I can see voting for with full confidence is
RON PAUL.
Yes he wants to get rid of a lot I think we need. UN, Social Security, Social Services, and he def. does not want universal healthcare like I do. But I feel that he won't be able to do all of the radical things he wants because most of these ideas would have to pass congress. With a democratic majority (if it stays that way) they will not allow it to happen. But things in his direct control like the IRS wich is a executive branch agency, he can get rid of.I'm all for that. PLus his view on world politics, and his ideas of how we need to stop policing the world, and spend our cash at home and fix this country. Name me a politician on the political stage saying these imorptant things.

Happy choosing.

Reply to Msg #2163
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter