RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest67092 (54.159.103.80)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Politics, Government & Law : Reading "Why I Wish Every Lawmaker Would Lawmake As If They Were Lawmaking For Their Family" Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #2153 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Rob Reed  
Why I Wish Every Lawmaker Would Lawmake As If They Were Lawmaking For Their Family
9/20/07, 10:30am
graphic
From San Diego: the Republican mayor there was vehemently opposed to gay marriage. Then, we have his daughter come out... and guess what the mayor's take is on gay marriage now?

SAN DIEGO -- Mayor Jerry Sanders abruptly reversed his public opposition to marriage for same-sex partners and revealed that his adult daughter is a lesbian.

Sanders on Wednesday signed a City Council resolution supporting a challenge to California's gay marriage ban. He previously promised to veto it.

The Republican mayor said he could no longer back the position he took during his election campaign two years ago, when he said he favored civil unions but not full marriage rights for homosexual couples.

He fought back tears as he said he wanted his adult daughter, Lisa, and other gay people he knows to have their relationships protected equally under state laws.

''In the end, I could not look any of them in the face and tell them that their relationships -- their very lives -- were any less meaningful than the marriage that I share with my wife Rana,'' Sanders said.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/566630,092007ma
yor.article

This isn't an original thought, but it again leads me to start thinking: "What if George Bush's daughters were in Iraq?"

--------------------------------------------------------
"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #2153
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

Rob Reed's Blog

Message #2155 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
saundrabeach  
Re: Why I Wish Every Lawmaker Would Lawmake As If They Were Lawmaking For Their Family
9/20/07, 10:35am
graphic
This isn't an original thought, but it again leads me to start thinking: "What if George Bush's daughters were in Iraq?"

-
"Iraq Who?" To start they never would be there even if they had been twin boys. Nepotism at work. Which I do believe is a great way.

TREAT OTHERS LIKE YOU WANT TO BE TREATED WELCOME EACH NEW DAY! Just When Your Children Are Fit To Live With, They Are Living With Someone Else!

Reply to Msg #2155
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter