RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest10875 (18.206.13.39)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Politics, Government & Law : Reading "Air America Radio" Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #467 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Rob Reed  
Air America Radio
3/31/04, 11:21am
graphic
Just tuned in... haven't heard much yet. The Franken show is on now... listening on the net.

www.airamericaradio.com

1580 AM on our radio dial, but I couldn't get it from work.

--------------------------------------------------------
"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #467
Back to Topics

Message #468 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Rob Reed  
Re: Air America Radio
3/31/04, 11:44am
graphic
Relatively boring thus far... Franken, Michael Moore, and some gal.

And, now, a phone call from Al Gore... more yawns... but an interesting exchange between he and Michael Moore.

Michael Moore apologizes (sort of) for endorsing Nader.

"I am extremely regretful for the fact of what happened in the Supreme Court... and we would've been better off if you had been in the White House..."

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #468
Back to Topics

Message #469 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Robert Reed  
3/31/04, 10:24pm
graphic
Whilst I will admit that radio talk shows are slanted toward the "right Wing" e.g. Limbaugh "the Hypocrit", I know of NO Station that "caters SOLELY" to one point of view, how boring!!

Then again, it has mostly been my experience that stations, (in the L.A. area), HAVE had balance or at least strived to have different points of view aired.

Is that, (the Franken) station an "unequal workplace", wherein in order to work there, one would have to "Tithe" part of their income to only ONE political party?., as has happened with certain "So called" religious oriented networks., i.e. Tithe to the network itself, by "donating" 10% of their salary.

Would a prospective employee be required to pass a certain "politically correct TEST" in order to be employed there.?

Would "other points of view" not be tolerated, causing employees to be "silent" in the lunchroom, lest they be overheard, then fired.

Who determines what "a liberal point of view" is, one can be liberal on , Perhaps social issues, but more Consevative Fiscally and on foreign policy.,does one have to pass "the Franken/ Garaffilo means test????

Sounds OMINOUS to me.!!!

Reply to Msg #469
Back to Topics

Message #470 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Reed
Rob Reed  
4/1/04, 2:51pm
graphic
>Sounds OMINOUS to me.!!!

I tend to agree with you... and, I hate to say it, but it is pretty dern boring -- EXCEPT for a hilarious exchange between Ralph Nader and Randi Rhodes in the afternoon, where she got Nader to essentially hang up on her.

She ran him through the ringer.

I loved it when he got flustered with her (she was saying that he should get out of the race), and he put her down by saying that she won't be broadcasting long with her kind of attitude.

She responded with something to the effect: "Well, it's clear that you don't do your homework. I've been doing this for 20 years."

Egg...on...face.

Reply to Msg #470
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter