RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Guest24197
User: Guest28741 (3.233.221.149)
Posts: 0
Read Mode: Topics
Status: Guest
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Politics, Government & Law : Reading "Kerry's distortion" Thread

Username Password


This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #769 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
all
Robert Reed  
Kerry's distortion
10/29/04, 1:07am
graphic
The previous "comments message" was inadvertant, I tried, but could not remove it--------

Now the message I tried to convey-------

If one watched "Nightline" tonight you would have seen Ted Koppell, (hardly a right wing newsman), but I believe, a fair man, acknowlege that when the 1st troops( 3rd Infantry Div.) entered Baghdad, they set up camp next to the now infamous weopens storage facility, (Al carca, or something like that).
Koppell interviwed the commander on scene, (he was with them ), as they set up a PERMANENT observation position.

To move 380+ tons of munitions would be a monumental task, requiring logistics that would mean trucks, cranes, forklifts etc. by the DOZEN.

I believe ,there is no doubt the munitions were moved prior to the invasion, N.B.C. has reported so, there has been a report that the stockpile was moved to Syria, or Lebanon, who perhaps moved it back to the insurgents!!------- perhaps W.M.Ds were moved at the same time to the same place????.
Kerry insists on using this as a political attack, I know that during a campaign much is "fair game", but I believe this is grossly unfair , and IN tIME OF WAR, very wrong,--------- nothing changes

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #769
Back to Topics


Message #774 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Reed
Chris Reed  
Re: Kerry's distortion
10/29/04, 10:26am (Last Edited: 10/29/04, 10:26am)
graphic

ABC News this morning has video proof that not only were the munitions there after the fall of Saddam, but the UN seals were actually opened by the U.S. troops themselves who, without orders from the Bush admistration to do anything about them, moved on without doing anything about them.....

Kerry is not making any distortions.. Bush is... Even after this video, he's claiming the explosives were gone before the video showing the explosives in the bunker was taken.

Bush is one of the most blatant liers we have ever seen run for re-election. We can't afford another four years of this.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/1
0/29/MNG729ILKV1.DTL

Video shows cache of explosives
Munitions seen days after fall of Baghdad
William J. Broad, David E. Sanger, New York Times

Friday, October 29, 2004


A video made by a television crew that was with U.S. troops when they opened bunkers at a sprawling Iraqi munitions complex south of Baghdad shows a huge supply of explosives still there nine days after the fall of Saddam Hussein, apparently including some sealed earlier by the International Atomic Energy Agency.

The tape, broadcast Thursday by ABC News, appeared to confirm suspicions reported earlier this month to the IAEA by Iraqi officials, who said that hundreds of tons of high-grade explosives, powerful enough to bring down buildings or detonate nuclear weapons, had vanished from the Al Qaqaa site after the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq.

The question of whether the material was removed by Hussein's forces in the days before the invasion, or looted later because it was unguarded afterward, has become a heated dispute on the campaign trail, with Sen. John Kerry accusing President Bush of incompetence, and Bush saying it is unclear when the material disappeared and rejecting what he calls Kerry's "wild charges."

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #774
Back to Topics


Message #779 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Chris Reed
Dr. Rub
Re: Kerry's distortion
10/29/04, 6:55pm
I have decided to vote for Bush. I don't trust Kerry. He is going to raise taxes. If Kerry was the President of the United States, I believe Saddam Hussien would still be in power. I feel safer with Bush. Another thing that has swayed me towards Bush is the fact that the main stream media is so liberal biased & seems to be unfair towards Bush & seems to endorse John Kerry. The media makes me sick!!!

--------------------------------------------------------
"Losers always whine about giving their best. Winners get to go home & ---- the prom queen." (Sean Connery)
--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #779
Back to Topics


Message #781 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
Rob Reed  
Re: Kerry's distortion
10/30/04, 9:18am
graphic
>I have decided to vote for Bush. I don't trust Kerry. He is
>going to raise taxes. If Kerry was the President of the United
>States, I believe Saddam Hussien would still be in power. I
>feel safer with Bush. Another thing that has swayed me towards
>Bush is the fact that the main stream media is so liberal
>biased & seems to be unfair towards Bush & seems to endorse
>John Kerry. The media makes me sick!!!

In my opinion, if Bush continues tax CUTS and the deficit gets higher and higher, we are in for a lot of trouble in the future... If Bush wins a second term, when it all comes crashing down, this election will be the point that the "experts" look at as the moment that solidified our economic downfall.

With the billions that Bush has spent in Iraq and Afghanistan, how else can our country possibly recoup the debt?

We would continue to take less money into the country's coffers while we keep charging on the country's credit cards.

--------------------------------------------------------
"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw
--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #781
Back to Topics


Message #793 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
vicki  
Re: Kerry's distortion
10/31/04, 8:58am (Last Edited: 10/31/04, 9:15am)
graphic
>I have decided to vote for Bush. I don't trust Kerry. He is
>going to raise taxes. If Kerry was the President of the United
>States, I believe Saddam Hussien would still be in power. I
>feel safer with Bush.

How did you forget 9/11 happened when BUSH was president? I don't think we're safe no matter who wins.

--------------------------------------------------------
Do or do not. There is no try.
---Yoda
--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #793
Back to Topics


Message #808 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
vicki
Shon Wells
Re: Kerry's distortion
11/1/04, 4:50am
>How did you forget 9/11 happened when BUSH was president? I
>don't think we're safe no matter who wins.

It happened early on in his term. Also the attack was planned in Clinton's term and only carried out in Bush's term. I know that I feel better with Bush than the John "global test" Kerry.

--------------------------------------------------------
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #808
Back to Topics


Message #816 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Shon Wells
Rob Reed  
Re: Kerry's distortion
11/1/04, 8:18pm (Last Edited: 11/1/04, 9:08pm)
graphic
>It happened early on in his term. Also the attack was planned
>in Clinton's term and only carried out in Bush's term. I know
>that I feel better with Bush than the John "global test"
>Kerry.

There's where we completely disagree. I prefer the taking of military action in a world climate where the majority of the rest of the world doesn't resent us for acting.

You will recall that we received nothing but support for our actions in Afghanistan... and when we destroyed the Taliban leadership in that country, I recall feeling much safer because we were not alone.

In the Iraq situation, I am thankful for the support of Britain... I am thankful for the support of those other nations who joined the "coalition" (in substantially smaller numbers than the U.S. and Britain)... but, I most definitely feel much more at risk now than ever. With a larger coalition, our military resources wouldn't be so spread thin. And, we wouldn't be in substantial risk of spreading even thinner in another disaster.

What is to happen in, say, the coming months if we determine that a country like Syria is harboring terrorists in much the same way that Afghanistan did? What if another horrific attack comes from those protected and supported by Syria?

How do we spread our forces thinner? How do we convince those countries who have been our allies before Iraq to help when the person who will be seeking that help is reviled by these former allies?

It is one thing to be completely arrogant and take an attitude that other countries be damned if they don't support our decision to war. But, then when you need those countries in the future when things look even bleaker... well, our military can only be spread so thin.

The absolute reality is that if such an event (like the above Syria event) occurs and Bush is still in office, Bush will have NO CHOICE but to instigate a military draft because we probably will not receive a lot of support (i.e., other countries may take the "you made your bed" attitude).

A new President who hasn't pissed off other nations may not have the same trouble... and that makes me feel quite a bit safer. There is safety in numbers.

--------------------------------------------------------
"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw
--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #816
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

Rob Reed's Blog


Message #823 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Shon Wells
Re: Kerry's distortion
11/2/04, 1:32pm
It is better to have all the nations agree. There are a few issues that must be looked at. If another major attack happeded it does not matter who is in office there will be a draft, Kerry or Bush.

As far as Iraq is concerned I feel that the rational was solid when we went in. It is easy to Monday morning quarterback afterward and say we should not of been there. I disagree and believe that we should be there. The evidence has proven that France, Germany and Russia had back door deals with Saddam and would never of voted to enforce the UN resolutions that were approved. The oil for food program was a joke and mass killings were still going on. I don't think that there is anyone that would say the world is not a better place with Saddam removed. It is never black and white, but I absolutly believe that Kerry is not going to "fix" the problems with our so-called allies (France and Germany) because the problems go alot deeper than Bush and that is something that Kerry will not be able to sweep under the carpet.

--------------------------------------------------------
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #823
Back to Topics


Message #826 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Shon Wells
RRBBS FAQ  
Re: Kerry's distortion
11/2/04, 2:25pm (Last Edited: 11/2/04, 2:26pm)
> It is better to have all the nations agree. There are a few
>issues that must be looked at. If another major attack
>happeded it does not matter who is in office there will be a
>draft, Kerry or Bush.

See... here is where we agree. Guess who has specifically promised that there won't be a draft. Yup... that same guy who got us in the Iraq mess in the first place.

> As far as Iraq is concerned I feel that the rational was
>solid when we went in. It is easy to Monday morning
>quarterback afterward and say we should not of been there. I
>disagree and believe that we should be there. The evidence

It most definitely is easy to play Monday Morning Quarterback. You know who else plays "Monday Morning Quarterback?" Employers. And, guess what employers do after they have played Monday Morning Quarterback, and they are not satisfied with the employee's performance?

>has proven that France, Germany and Russia had back door deals
>with Saddam and would never of voted to enforce the UN
>resolutions that were approved. The oil for food program was
>a joke and mass killings were still going on. I don't think
>that there is anyone that would say the world is not a better
>place with Saddam removed. It is never black and white, but I
>absolutly believe that Kerry is not going to "fix" the
>problems with our so-called allies (France and Germany)
>because the problems go alot deeper than Bush and that is
>something that Kerry will not be able to sweep under the
>carpet.

Evidence shows that the Bushes had and continue to have "backdoor deals" with the Saudis. Have you already forgotten where most of the 9/11 terrorists claimed citizenship?

I disagree regarding Kerry being able to repair relations with France, Germany (and Russia). If anybody has a chance it is "anybody but Bush."

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #826
Back to Topics


Message #828 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
RRBBS FAQ
Shon Wells
Re: Kerry's distortion
11/2/04, 9:55pm

>See... here is where we agree. Guess who has specifically
>promised that there won't be a draft. Yup... that same guy
>who got us in the Iraq mess in the first place.

I believe that the resolution in congress to reinstate the draft was written by a Demacrat not a Republican, it received two vote for it, both Dems, and the author even voted against it. Barring a major incident there will not be a draft, but that is an outside possibility.
>
>It most definitely is easy to play Monday Morning Quarterback.
> You know who else plays "Monday Morning Quarterback?"
>Employers. And, guess what employers do after they have
>played Monday Morning Quarterback, and they are not satisfied
>with the employee's performance?

All I have to say is that currently the projection is that Bush won the election and is currently winning the popular vote, but I say that with a grain of salt because California isn't counted.


>Evidence shows that the Bushes had and continue to have
>"backdoor deals" with the Saudis. Have you already forgotten
>where most of the 9/11 terrorists claimed citizenship?

Saudis have been friends with EVERY president since the 1970's. It is not a backdoor deal with Bush, but is an American policy, let's at least be fair about that.

>I disagree regarding Kerry being able to repair relations with
>France, Germany (and Russia). If anybody has a chance it is
>"anybody but Bush."

I also believe that Bush does not have a great chance to do as good of a job as anyone else, but they know they need us and have to work with us. I do see it getting better with Bush being in office another 4 years. They will realize that the troft is here and will at least "play nice" and Bush will very much "play nice" because of all the negative press he has received.

--------------------------------------------------------
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #828
Back to Topics


Message #829 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Shon Wells
Rob Reed  
Re: Kerry's distortion
11/2/04, 11:22pm
graphic
>I believe that the resolution in congress to reinstate the
>draft was written by a Demacrat not a Republican, it received
>two vote for it, both Dems, and the author even voted against
>it. Barring a major incident there will not be a draft, but
>that is an outside possibility.

I agree that this was a ridiculous attempt by some idiots to try and make Bush look bad.

>All I have to say is that currently the projection is that
>Bush won the election and is currently winning the popular
>vote, but I say that with a grain of salt because California
>isn't counted.

Well, I was really pointing at your "it is easy to Monday Morning Quarterback" comment. That is what voters are supposed to do. An incumbent President has to be judged by his mistakes.

According to Bush, he made none... and looks like a lot of folks bought into that. I, for one, this Osama Bin Laden became George Bush's biggest assistance in reelection.

>Saudis have been friends with EVERY president since the
>1970's. It is not a backdoor deal with Bush, but is an
>American policy, let's at least be fair about that.

The difference is that no other President (aside from W's father) has actually done BUSINESS with the Saudis.

>I also believe that Bush does not have a great chance to do as
>good of a job as anyone else, but they know they need us and
>have to work with us. I do see it getting better with Bush
>being in office another 4 years. They will realize that the
>troft is here and will at least "play nice" and Bush will very
>much "play nice" because of all the negative press he has
>received.

Time will tell. I hope you're right... but I think you are very wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------
"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw
--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #829
Back to Topics


Message #834 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Shon Wells
Re: Kerry's distortion
11/3/04, 2:33pm
Just today the French and German government congratulated Bush on his victory and stated that they wished to mend the problems between the nations.....

--------------------------------------------------------
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #834
Back to Topics


Message #862 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Shon Wells
Rob Reed  
Re: Kerry's distortion
11/5/04, 10:06am
graphic
>Just today the French and German government congratulated Bush
>on his victory and stated that they wished to mend the
>problems between the nations.....

I'll be hopeful that President Bush will do something with that.

--------------------------------------------------------
"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw
--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #862
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter