RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Guest24197
User: Guest28741 (3.233.221.149)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Politics, Government & Law : Reading "Election " Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #830 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Rob Reed  
Election
11/2/04, 11:26pm (Last Edited: 11/2/04, 11:27pm)
graphic
Most news agencies are pretty close to giving the election to Bush at this hour, and I tend to think that they are correct.

Mostly sad news for this Democrat. If there is a silver lining, I can only say that I did have some misgivings for a Kerry victory.

I believe that our country's debt is going to get worse. The economy is going to get worse.... all due to the mistake in Iraq. I also imagine that some time within the next four years, we will suffer a domestic attack by terrorists in some form.

Were Kerry the one in office, Republicans would argue that it was precisely because Bush wasn't reelected that these things happened. They can't hide behind that, by all appearances now.

The buck stops with Mr. Bush, and time will tell if I'm wrong (and, believe me, I want nothing more than to be wrong).

--------------------------------------------------------
"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #830
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

Rob Reed's Blog

Message #842 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Dr. Rub
Re: Election
11/3/04, 9:43pm
Rob, I believe you actually might be right in your predictions. However, I also very firmly believe that if Kerry were the President, that those same predictions you make would happen with Kerry in office as well. Whether your Bush or Kerry, the President is in a no win situation. What makes you think Kerry would do any better?

"Losers always whine about giving their best. Winners get to go home & ---- the prom queen." (Sean Connery)

Reply to Msg #842
Back to Topics

Message #849 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
Rob Reed  
Re: Election
11/4/04, 10:56am
graphic
>Kerry, the President is in a no win situation. What makes you
>think Kerry would do any better?

I'll be honest. I would have voted for any Democrat running against Bush.

Based upon the last TWO and a half years (I am not throwing in Bush's handling of 9/11 and Afghanistan because, were the election in November, 2002, Bush probably would have had my vote), I couldn't in good conscience vote for this man to continue the destruction of our country, plain and simple.

Just my opinion.

The news story that I posted about the debt and deficit really felt like a slap in the face. It should feel that way to ALL of the American people.

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #849
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter