RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Guest24197
User: Guest28741 (3.233.221.149)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Politics, Government & Law : Reading "Bush Wins! " Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #833 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Larry Levy  
Bush Wins!
11/3/04, 9:29am (Last Edited: 11/3/04, 9:33am)
graphic
Shon, Robert and I promise not to gloat too much......

--------------------------------------------------------
" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121

Reply to Msg #833
Back to Topics

Message #835 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
Shon Wells
Re: Bush Wins!
11/3/04, 2:38pm
If I could just add a few important points.

Bush won the popular vote by 3 million. He is the first president since 1988 to win a majority of the popular vote (more than 50%). He is the first president to win re-election by more popular votes the second time since the 1920's. He is the first president since the 1930's to win and at the same time increase seats in the congress (senate and house) for their party, not to mention Governerships. (I might have the last two dates backwards). Something to think about.

Let me conclude with the fact that I am happy that Kerry did not win, but I can not bring my self to elation because Bush did.

God Bless

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Reply to Msg #835
Back to Topics

Message #836 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Robert Jones  
11/3/04, 4:06pm (Last Edited: 11/3/04, 9:53pm)
>
>Let me conclude with the fact that I am happy that Kerry did
>not win, but I can not bring my self to elation because Bush
>did.
>
>God Bless

I have similar feelings. I was not happy with the choices I had. It was like going to the diner and having a choice of liver or possum as the main course. Either qualify as food but you cannot get excited about either. I was undecided as to my selection choice for President up until I was standing in the ballot booth. Weighing option I finally voted with what I felt would be the best choice for my country but wasn't overly excited about that option either.

As for the election, I am just glad it is over and hopefully all of the negative advertising will just go away.

Friends are the best collectibles

Reply to Msg #836
Back to Topics

Message #841 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
Dr. Rub
11/3/04, 9:39pm
Bush baby! Bush!

"Losers always whine about giving their best. Winners get to go home & ---- the prom queen." (Sean Connery)

Reply to Msg #841
Back to Topics

Message #844 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
BBlast
11/4/04, 4:14am
graphic
>Bush baby! Bush!

I thought I remembered that you didn't vote..did you vote this time out, or just cheer for the team you liked?

"All human arrogance and ego can be expressed in two words. 'You Should'. "
-

Eat at BBlast's - - Home of the California Brisket Sandwich!

www.signatureclaims.net

Reply to Msg #844
Back to Topics

Message #846 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
BBlast
Dr. Rub
11/4/04, 5:16am
I voted for Bush. At one point, I wasn't going to vote but I have always thought that Bush would be who I would vote for if I decided to vote. The liberally biased main stream media is what gave me incentive to vote for Bush more than anything else.

"Losers always whine about giving their best. Winners get to go home & ---- the prom queen." (Sean Connery)

Reply to Msg #846
Back to Topics

Message #852 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
Rob Reed  
11/4/04, 11:07am
graphic
>Bush baby! Bush!

Remember: I have the power to change your login name to "Dr. Rub-it-in!"

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #852
Back to Topics

Message #854 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Dr. Rub
11/4/04, 9:06pm
I understand Rob. Much respect to you & the RRBBS!

Reply to Msg #854
Back to Topics

Message #860 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
Rob Reed  
11/5/04, 8:14am (Last Edited: 11/5/04, 8:19am)
graphic
>I understand Rob. Much respect to you & the RRBBS!

I was just joshing you, really...

I do have to address this to the Republicans on the board, or those who supported Reagan, Bush Sr., and Dole.

Was the "rubbing it in" from the Democrat side as "ugly" as the Bush side when Bush Sr. and Dole lost?

Just take a look at a site like www.blogsforbush.com or www.littlegreenfootballs.com. It is almost childish.

From blogsforbush.com:

"e-We won. Didn't win as big as I'd have liked, but we've won - won the popular vote, won the electoral vote.

What do the Democrats do? Keep up the fight - making sly allusions to their bogus theories about votes not being counted. I cannot begin to say how angry I am with the Democrats - the leadership of the Democratic Party is unpatriotic in the extreme; all good Americans should change their registration to any other Party or to Independent rather than be identified with a Party that places it's personal fate above the needs of the nation.-quote&

From littlegreenfootballs.com, directed at the blogger at dailykos.com (a very liberal blogger):

"e-“Rising Democratic star” Markos “Screw Them” Zuniga sponsored 15 Democratic candidates for Congress, raising a total of more than half a million dollars for their campaigns from his gullible followers.

And every single one of those candidates lost. Good call, Kos! (Thanks to the many who emailed about this.)-quote&

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #860
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter