RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest15603 (18.208.159.25)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Politics, Government & Law : Reading "for all of you who are starting to think I'm a right wing nut!" Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #904 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Dr. Rub
for all of you who are starting to think I'm a right wing nut!
11/8/04, 9:02pm
I'm typically not a political person, but this past election has opened my eyes somewhat. I will admit, I'm not caught up on every article or admendment being voted on out there. I'm not completely caught up on every little single thing going on in our own country & the world. However, I do have some pretty strong beliefs in different things &/or issues.

I consider myself to be a moderate conservative, although I am not registered as a Republican or Democrat. I am a registered Independent. I don't like the 2 party system that continues to exist in our country. If I had to choose one of the two though, I'm pretty sure I would be a Republican.

I like people like Sean Hannity, Dennis Miller, Bill O'Reilly, Zel Miller. I can't stand Bill Maher & Micheal Moore!

Here's the way I feel about some of the issues.

Gay Marriage - Don't like it. God created Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve. I say this from a religious point of view, not a government point of view. Politically speaking, I don't really care whether it is banned or not. If it is, great. If it isn't, oh well.

Abortion - I am pro life. However, I do believe that there might be exceptions to the rule here. If a woman is raped against her will & is inpregnated by the rapist against her will, than the woman should have the choice to abort or not to abort. To me, this is the ONLY EXCEPTION! Otherwise, I do not believe in abortion.

Gun Control - We have the right to bare arms. However, I think there should be strict laws enforced to own guns. Provided there are licensures & gun laws, I see no problem with owning guns.

Welfare - I hope I spelled that right. I believe in welfare & support welfare only if a person is physically unable to work. Otherwise, get a job! How hard is it to get a job at Wal Mart or McDonalds? Some people out there abuse the system.

Minimum Wage - I'm glad it went up. No one should be making less than $7.00 an hour at any kind of job in my opinion. I know minimun wage is less than that, but hopefully it will continue to rise in the years to come.

Advancement of women & minorities - I'm also in favor of this. I believe we should continue to improve the status of women & minorities, however, there is a double standard that exist in this country.

I am not a racist. I am not a sexist. However, if we are all created equal by law, why is it that only minorities & women have special priviliges. I know this may sound politically incorrect, but I have some food for thought.

Slavery was clearly wrong! The oppression that the African American race has felt since the Civil War all the way up until recent years was a tragedy. However, if we our all created equal & all races & gender is created equal, why is there a double standard that still exist today? I believe blacks, whites, indians, asians, mexicans, are equal & should all have equal rights provided you are a U.S. citizen. Let me pose these questions though. Why is there BET & WE? These TV stations should not exist because if white men had there own TV station, people would be crying foul & bloody murder. The last I checked, a white man was part of a race & a gender. This should be equal to to a black man, white woman, black woman, asian man, asian woman, mexican man, mexican woman, etc. Hey, I love black people. I grew up with them. I had black friends & still have black friends, mexican friends, asian friends, white friends. Heck, have of my fantasy baseball team was black, or Dominican, or whatever. All races, genders, & people being equal, than why aren't they truly equal? I agree that racism still exist to some degree in this country, but there is also reverse racism or discrimination in this country as well.

People shouldn't be handed things in this country. People should earn things. Hire an individual for a job not based on there race, gender, or color, but for their credentials & qualifications regardless of their race, gender, or color.

--------------------------------------------------------
"Losers always whine about giving their best. Winners get to go home & ---- the prom queen." (Sean Connery)

Reply to Msg #904
Back to Topics

Message #905 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
Robert Jones  
Re: Wingnuts!
11/8/04, 9:10pm
LOL....I am sure that there are those who think you are a right wing nut and there are those who think you are a wrong wing nut......Come to think of it, I am sure there are those that would agree that you are both.

I enjoyed your post Rub and I am pretty much in agreement with you.

Friends are the best collectibles

Reply to Msg #905
Back to Topics

Message #910 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
Rob Reed  
Re: for all of you who are starting to think I'm a right wing nut!
11/9/04, 9:12am (Last Edited: 11/9/04, 9:14am)
graphic
Dr. Rub:

REMEMBER -- this board is comprised of primarily a bunch of liberal, nutty CALIFORNIANS.

In the California statutes, as California citizens, we are required by law to argue against religious dogma and all-that-is-Republican. Larry: lock your doors... I am calling the California Thought Police.

Anyways, good Dr., please don't take offense to any "attacks." They aren't really attacks... just attempts at good discussion (and to knock some sense in your head! -- just kidding).

If there is any comfort for you, there are 51% of the folks in this country who are pretty much on your side.

Of course, that scares the beejeebus out of me, but I'm just complying with the law.

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #910
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

Rob Reed's Blog

Message #917 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Dr. Rub
11/9/04, 10:39pm
I think everybody respects each others heart felt opinions & views on this message board regardless of religion, race, gender, or political party, or whatever.

"Losers always whine about giving their best. Winners get to go home & ---- the prom queen." (Sean Connery)

Reply to Msg #917
Back to Topics

Message #924 of 2187  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
Shon Wells
11/10/04, 2:45pm
Agree a little, disagree a little, but must agree with Rob and state my opinion.

>Abortion - I am pro life. However, I do believe that there
>might be exceptions to the rule here. If a woman is raped
>against her will & is inpregnated by the rapist against her
>will, than the woman should have the choice to abort or not to
>abort. To me, this is the ONLY EXCEPTION! Otherwise, I do not
>believe in abortion.

I am pro-choice by far. I know this will suprise many, but I do not believe that the government sould get into someone's person life except for a very strict or spicific reason. If Roe V. Rae is overturned it would not concern me because it would revert back to the states where it would make the state government responsible and accountable.

>Gun Control - We have the right to bare arms. However, I think
>there should be strict laws enforced to own guns. Provided
>there are licensures & gun laws, I see no problem with owning
>guns.

I believe that gun ownership for honest citizens should be unfettered. The only thing that gun restrictions or laws do is keep guns from honest people. If someone is convicted of a Felony than there loose that right otherwise you should be able to have the gun, simple easy.

>Welfare - I hope I spelled that right. I believe in welfare &
>support welfare only if a person is physically unable to work.
>Otherwise, get a job! How hard is it to get a job at Wal Mart
>or McDonalds? Some people out there abuse the system.

Personal responsibility what a concept. I have seen in my line of work the massive abuse in the system. I do not believe in it and believe that if it was removed, private non-profit groups would step us and could actually help those that need it and throw out those that abuse the system, the government run system would never do that.

>Minimum Wage - I'm glad it went up. No one should be making
>less than $7.00 an hour at any kind of job in my opinion. I
>know minimun wage is less than that, but hopefully it will
>continue to rise in the years to come.

I do not believe in minimum wage. We need to look at supply and demand. minimum wage causes inflation and causes a loss of jobs. If Johnny accepts a job for $2 a hour at Taco Bell than that is what he deserves. It would also cause Johnny to look for a better job and education and Taco Bell to realize that their high turnover rate is not good for business and raise their starting pay. I could talk about this one for a long time, but I think my point was stated.

>Advancement of women & minorities - I'm also in favor of this.
>I believe we should continue to improve the status of women &
>minorities, however, there is a double standard that exist in
>this country.

Affermative action is wrong on several levels. First it creates reverse discrimination. Second, the person that received extra points and given the spot, in school or business is receiving a job that they are not truely ready for. There has been studies that show admission to schools based on these guidlines have a higher rate of failing, where as if they went to where they would of done good, would of faired better later in life. I could again expand, but I will leave that up to Rob to challange.

>Slavery was clearly wrong! The oppression that the African
>American race has felt since the Civil War all the way up
>until recent years was a tragedy.

I don't think that anyone would argue that slavery was right, even though it is still practed today in some parts of the world. But, I do believe that the concept of affermitive action no longer applies. I have worked in south central Los Angeles for several years and realize the morals and values along with the indoctrination that is embedded in the inner city. (trying to be a PC as possible). One question that must be asked is why is there a problem with generational black Americans in moving up, even though this is currently changing, but with immigrant blacks the acceptance and upper mobility of the person is not hinderd? Just food for thought.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Reply to Msg #924
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter