RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest10782
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Photography and Video : Reading "Red Fox and Offspring" Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #3807 of 3810  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Robert Jones  
Red Fox and Offspring
5/31/11, 11:54pm

--------------------------------------------------------
Friends are the best collectibles

Reply to Msg #3807
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

Robert Jones's Blog

Message #3808 of 3810  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Jones
Robert Jones  
Re: Red Fox and Offspring
6/1/11, 12:20am
These guys are living in suburbia. Most of the people familiar with them are thrilled with their presence. I did encounter one elderly lady that has a different point of view. She observed me with my camera in the neighborhood. "Excuse me, Are you here to fix the problem?" "What problem?" I asked. "The foxes!" she exclaimed. "Are they causing you a problem?" "They kill things" she said. "Yes, they do that...but so do house cats for that matter. I think it is kind of wonderful that they are here giving us a chance to experience them." I told her. She stomped off huffing beneath her breath. I heard later that she has hired a professional trapper to try to exterminate them on her property. She has a small lot and the neighbors are upset with her but it has been said that she has the right to do that on her property. So far as best I can tell the foxes have been avoiding her property and any traps that may be set. From what I have studied the kits should disperse sometime around August some could travel up to 150 miles to establish their own ranges and families.

Friends are the best collectibles

Reply to Msg #3808
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

Robert Jones's Blog

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter