From
Subject
Date
All
BBlast
TV anyone?
9/29/05, 4:53am
graphic
So what has caught your eye this season? Lots of interesting stuff on the boob tube..and of course, some crap.

I of course, watch Survivor. I tried to watch House, and even though I thought the acting was REALLY darn good...when they went to put a bolt through a 9 year old cancer patients HEAD, I turned it off and decided to look elsewhere.

I love CSI and watch the Vegas version and the NYC version..the Miami one never seems "real" to me and even though I sometimes try,I just don't like it.

Criminal Minds looks interesting.

I like to watch Mythbusters and Tony Bourdians No Reservations..but both need new episodes.

I LOVE watching American Chopper. What happened to American Hot Rod? Maybe Boyd's problem with keeping his workers around finally got to him(?)

Monster House is OK, but Monster Garage has gotten a little boring.

Iron Chef..of course! But again, they need more episodes...and how can *I* get on that tasting panel???

So, have you spotted anything that is a MUST watch for the rest of us??

--------------------------------------------------------
"All human arrogance and ego can be expressed in two words. 'You Should'. "
-

Eat at BBlast's - - Home of the California Brisket Sandwich!

www.signatureclaims.net

Reply to Msg #1024
Back to Topics

Message #1025 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
BBlast
Rob Reed  
Re: TV anyone?
9/29/05, 3:09pm (Last Edited: 9/29/05, 3:11pm)
graphic
Apparently, for the first time, Tivo had full previews of all upcoming shows that the networks wanted us to know about. This was absolutely fantastic.

While you are watching a preview, you could click a "thumbs up" button and it would automatically set up future recording of this show... then, you could go back to previewing.

These are the shows that Marie and I are watching (and Tivoing) now:

1) House

2) My Name Is Earl (funny, if you like Jason Lee like dry humor)

3) Family Guy (if you are into 70s culture, you should get all of the dry jokes... it is, essentially, potty like humor... which, of course, I find funny)

4) American Dad - from the Family Guy folks... cartoon... also funny, with a political slant (comes on right after Family Guy on Sunday nights)

5) Arrested Development - Curb Your Enthusiasm for regular television... great stuff

6) Curb Your Enthusiasm

7) Ghost Hunters (sci-fi channel, documents the goings on of a paranormal group on the east coast), reality tv: next week, they are investigating Los Angeles, including the Queen Mary

8) Most Haunted (better than Ghost Hunters... like Blair Witch... and I feel just as staged... but very well done... documents the exploits of a British paranormal team, with psychics!), reality tv

9) House Hunters

10) What You Get For the Money: makes me want to move to the midwest

11) Good Eats

12) Survivor

13) Commander in Chief: this was plain awesome... Geena Davis was fantasic in the first episode... Donald Sutherland is plain brilliant... gonna be an amazing drama

14) Head Cases: comedy about two young lawyers who forge on their own after one has a nervous breakdown (Chris O'Donnell of Scent of a Woman) and the other has anger management issues (first episode had opposing counsel telling this atty to become familiar with the evidence code, causing him to make opposing counsel familiar with the evidence code by smacking opposing counsel in the face)... good chemistry so far...

15) Desperate Housewives: plain awesome storywriting and acting

---

What we didn't like:

1) Reunion: trying to run on the 24 concept but with years... saw first episode... didn't really have desire to watch another...

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #1025
Back to Topics

Message #1026 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
BBlast
Thomas Canty
9/30/05, 12:04am
>So what has caught your eye this season?

Not much... I still watch the same old stuff. I haven't seen anything recent that's worth wasting my time on. Mostly I just watch the news, The Simpsons, King of the Hill and That 70's Show. Of course, I don't have cable (just cheap old rabbit ear antennae). Otherwise I'd probably still be tuning into Discovery and the Travel Channel frequently.

It isn't "this season", but I recently bought all four seasons of Futurama and all 39 episodes of The Honeymooners on DVD. That's what I've been watching most lately.

Of course, this is when I even watch TV, which is pretty rare these days...

http://www.ldphotography.net/

Reply to Msg #1026
Back to Topics

Message #1027 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Thomas Canty
9/30/05, 12:09am
>3) Family Guy (if you are into 70s culture, you should get all
>of the dry jokes... it is, essentially, potty like humor...
>which, of course, I find funny)

I actually watched an episode of Family Guy a couple weeks ago. I checked it out after I saw a message here from Marie where she said it was funny. I thought it was the dumbest thing I've ever seen... I guess I'm just not a fan of potty "humor".

http://www.ldphotography.net/

Reply to Msg #1027
Back to Topics

Message #1028 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Marie Reed  
10/2/05, 8:27am
graphic
YIKES! I never realized that we watch so much TV!

Reply to Msg #1028
Back to Topics

Message #1032 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Thomas Canty
Rob Reed  
10/4/05, 11:40am
graphic
>I actually watched an episode of Family Guy a couple weeks
>ago. I checked it out after I saw a message here from Marie
>where she said it was funny. I thought it was the dumbest
>thing I've ever seen... I guess I'm just not a fan of potty
>"humor".

I felt the same, exact way, until we rented the shows from the start. Once I got to know the characters, I got endeared to them... and the show is always laugh out loud funny for me.

My favorite episode is actually one I saw on the Cartoon Network, but was never aired on Fox because of the censors. It was the episode that made me decide to rent the series from the beginning.

Peter, the father, determines that the only way to make his stupid son, Chris, smart is to convert him to Judaism. This, of course, puts the Catholic powers that be on alert... alarms go off in the headquarters that is staffed by a team of nuns, who arm themselves with yardsticks, and get on the bus to Vegas, where Peter has taken Chris for Chris' quickie, Vegas bar mitzvah.

After this, and the first few episodes of season one... and I was hooked.

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #1032
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter