Message #1572 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
all
Robert Reed  
idol down to three
5/9/07, 10:22pm (Last Edited: 5/9/07, 11:17pm)
graphic
I was somewhat surprised tonight, in that the fellow who tries to do a "very poor impression" of a modern day Ella Fitzgerald is still there.

Ella was known as a "Skat " singer, she was always improvising, and often immitated instruments, this fellow Blake tries hard to do the same, but it does "not come off".
I will give him credit for trying to be original, at least as "modern music goes".

I felt the best male singer in the "Top 10", was the "bald headed fellow, forgot his name already., then again in conversation, I always referred to him as "the bald headed guy".

As far as tonights four, I rated Doolittle, Jordin, Lakisha, in that order.
I still feel that Ms. Doolittle is the "best of the bunch", having said same for a couple of months., however, it would not surprise me if Jordin , "takes the prize", AMAZING talent, and only 17.,
both of these ladies excibit a lot of HUMILITY, which is somewhat refreshing.

As, for "the dooby doo guy",(who Spits far too much with "his dooby's and do's",) and is far too "cocky" for my taste, he should have been gone, long ago.

Reply to Msg #1572
Back to Topics

Message #1573 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Reed
drrubb
Re: idol down to three
5/10/07, 7:19am
The bald headed guy was Phil Stacey. I agree, he was the best male singer in my opinion.

I also agree that Melinda is the best of the bunch. She is just consistant. She is the next Tina Turner. The Bon Jovi night last week was to me the best American Idol show I have ever seen. All 6 contestants that night did a good job, although it was Melinda who stood out the most to me when she performed that Bon Jovi song, "Have a Nice Day". She knocked that out of the park. I actually thought her version was better than Bon Jovi's. Lakisha also stood out that night in what was her best performance of the sesaon. I thought Phil did a great job with "Blaze of Glory". Chris sounded too much like a girl singing "Dead or Alive". He did not do Bon Jovi justice with his version of it. He sounded like one of those faggy Backstreet Boys doing a rough manly hard rock song. It just didn't work.

I think the final 2 will be Jordan & Melinda, although Blake has the popularity vote & also more importantly, all of the teenage girl votes because he like, OH MY GOD! SOOOOOOO CUTE!(not me talking here, that is just my impression of a lovestruck ditsy teenage girl). The final SHOULD be Jordin & Melinda.

Reply to Msg #1573
Back to Topics

Message #1574 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
drrubb
Robert Reed  
5/10/07, 4:18pm
graphic
"Right On", Rub----I agree totally.

Reply to Msg #1574
Back to Topics

Message #1575 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Reed
Chris Reed  
5/10/07, 5:01pm
graphic
Say what you will about this season - which I still assert is one of the better ones - but when we get down to just Melinda and Jordin, we'll have our best final since Ruben Studdard vs. Clay Aiken.

Reply to Msg #1575
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

Chris Reed 's Blog

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter