From
Subject
Date
all
Robert Reed  
Am. idol
5/17/07, 12:08am
graphic
I am writing this prior to tonights results,(pre-written).

Music has a way of enriching anyones life, anyone who does not let Music "in to their lives" must be already Dead.
I love all forms of music, Blues, Jazz, Soul, Gospel, Opera, Classics, and of course Rock.

American Idol, or it's British counterpart. are a perfect "vehicle", for allowing "relative unknowns" , a chance for Notoriety.

Just returned from Las Vegas, to see Dylan and Daniel,(Two of my Grandbabies,) and also Mum and Dad.

Had a great time, and watched "Idol" last night.

A few of my recollections-----

One of my all time favourite songs was sung, "I who have Nothing," not sure if it was Cilla Black or Shirley Bassey, who sung the original, but it is a great song, (U.K. original song).

Sung on the show by Jordin, Simon said it was "Too old", Rubbish,
since Doolittle followed up with Peggy Lees "Fever"., at least 50+ years old., perhaps her downfall, in todays, "don't remember anything, especially History, audience".

Prior to this season, I would personally rate Underwood/Bice # 2,
Stoddard/Aitken #3.

I DID not like last years results, Elliot Yamin was incredible,and the best, I believe.

Daughtry was very good, Hicks must have been "related to "Geedoubleyer", I can not believe he won.

However, I believe, this season has the "absolute best performers".
I changed my mind on Blake,"Whatsisname)", he is very talented, as well as being very commercial,

aS per Doolittle, I believe she is the ABSOLUTE best performer to ever appear on the show.

I have seen the Original British version a few times, to include the finalists., the American version is ,I believe, far superior.

somewhat surprising, I believe, since British "pop" music has exceeded Anything that America has produced over the last 40 years-- e.g. (just a few,) Yardbirds, Def Zepperlin, Traffic, Cream, Spencer Davis Group, Hollies, Pink Floyd, Eric Clapton, Beatles, Stones, Rod Stewart, Tom "The Jones", Moody Blues, Queen, Tears for fears, Sir Elton and Sir Cliff, Many many others, and of course the contemporary "Coldplay", who happen to be a group I introduced to my sons before they even "came out " in the U.S.A.

America produced a great group, The Beach Boys, they happen to be one of my personal favourites., I also like "The Cars"., trying to think of others, -----zzzzzzz-----zzzz

I Now know the results, and am "DUMBFOUNDED", I do believe Melinda Doolittle was the best EVER on Idol, I also believe that the two finalists are very deserving of winning, I like Both of them, they are very talented, and unlike last year , very worthy, I believe Jordin , should win, ----- however, based on tonights result, ???????????

Reply to Msg #1578
Back to Topics

Message #1579 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Reed
Rob Reed  
Re: Am. idol
5/17/07, 5:18pm
graphic
Clearly you never saw the first season... Kelly Clarkson is BY FAR the best performer that they have had on Idol. No contest. Not even close.

It is a shame about Melinda, but these things have NEVER worked out right, sadly.

Were the finale Jordin vs. Melinda, I would agree that this would have been the best finale American Idol had ever seen.

Just bought the Yamin CD and it is excellent.

--------------------------------------------------------
"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #1579
Back to Topics

Message #1580 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Robert Reed  
5/17/07, 6:06pm
graphic
you are right, I did not watch the first season.
Based primarily on your opinion I purchased a c.d of hers, Clarkson, on my last trip to the U.K.
I believe she is very good, but Melinda Doolittle was amazing no matter what the "musical genre", she was consistently the best.

Perhaps, it is also that I find her humility, quite refreshing and more attractive.
Very much a contrast to the "cockiness" and brashness excibited by many of the other contestants, some of whom are not particularly talented.

Reply to Msg #1580
Back to Topics

Message #1581 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Reed
drrubb
5/19/07, 9:22pm
Right on Mr. Reed!

Reply to Msg #1581
Back to Topics

Message #1582 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Reed
drrubb
5/19/07, 9:42pm
Melinda was robbed!

I do not like the way American Idol does the voting. No one in America should be allowed to vote more than once. You should only get one vote per show. We don't get to cast more than one vote for the President of the United States.

I do agree that Melinda was clearly the best & most consistant contestant on this season's American Idol. Unfortunately, Melinda had to be involved in a skewed voting process & a popularity contest when it came down to the final 3. You have 100 Gazillion teenage girls out there having slumber parties & every single one of them were gushing & blushing over Blake. A lot of the younger crowd was voting for Jordin as well. Melinda was older, although better. The 25 & up crowd were too lazy to vote. The older crowd watches the show, but says, oh I think that Melinda will win, but they don't vote because they realize text messaging cost money & they are the ones responsible for their cell phone bills. Daddy's little girl has her own phone, in which her daddy most likely pays for. She knows daddy is paying for it, so what's she care how many times she text messages a vote. In her case, probably 100 votes for Blake, or Jordin.

Melinda was going up against the young crowd, & it killed her, to no fault of her own. I thought she was as hip as she could have been. Melinda rocked! She has Tina Turner written all over her. Bon Jovi night was still the best show of the season. Melinda's version of "Have a Nice Day" was the best single performance of the season. I think Melinda will go on to a stellar career. I believe she has already made it. No disrespect to Blake or Jordin, but I hope Melinda smokes them all when she gets her career going, like Daughtery has with all of last season's competition.

Farewell Melinda! You were the reason I kept watching Idol this season! She was clearly the best in my book.

Reply to Msg #1582
Back to Topics

Message #1584 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Marie Reed  
5/25/07, 10:08pm
graphic
I thought the Idol finale stunk like a skunk! I was bored most of the time, and it seemed like they didn't put much into reheasing for the show. I think this was the worst Idol finale yet!!

Now, if Melinda was in the final with Jordin, it would've been a more fun and intersting show to watch.

Bette Midler... YIKES! She was awful! And she's taking over Celine Dion's show in Vegas???? After her Idol performance, I'm not sure people will want to see her. And I was a huge Bette Midler fan!

Reply to Msg #1584
Back to Topics

Message #1585 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Marie Reed
Robert Reed  
5/26/07, 2:38pm (Last Edited: 5/27/07, 12:42am)
graphic
>I thought the Idol finale stunk like a skunk! I was bored
>most of the time, and it seemed like they didn't put much into
>reheasing for the show. I think this was the worst Idol
>finale yet!!
>
>Now, if Melinda was in the final with Jordin, it would've been
>a more fun and intersting show to watch.
>
>Bette Midler... YIKES! She was awful! And she's taking over
>Celine Dion's show in Vegas???? After her Idol performance,
>I'm not sure people will want to see her. And I was a huge
>Bette Midler fan!
>

I absolutely agree,especially your Midler comment.
I have seen her perform,could not believe she was the same performer, Totally out of tune, and oblivious to her own mediocrity.
I commented at the time almost verbatim as to your comments.
I fully expected simon Cowell, to go up to the stage and exclaim "Rubbish".

Reply to Msg #1585
Back to Topics

Message #1590 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Reed
Rob Reed  
6/5/07, 1:40pm (Last Edited: 6/5/07, 1:41pm)
graphic
>aS per Doolittle, I believe she is the ABSOLUTE best
>performer to ever appear on the show.

Alright, Dad. Knowing you did not see the first season, here is the single best performance in the history of the Idol show, as far as I am concerned. This was when I became a HUGE Kelly Clarkson fan.

Back story: Kelly was having extreme voice problems because of overuse, as they were heading into the final stretch. I believe it was the day before this performance that she broke down crying and there was question as to whether she would even participate or change song because she kept cracking.

Well, the story goes that she didn't talk or make a peep in the 24 hours before she sang this number on the show. If this doesn't change your mind regarding the absolute best performer to ever appear on the show, I don't know what will. There is a moment here where you here Kelly's overworked voice, but this rendition gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.

And, I think the best singer this season won the show. I would rank this show 3rd among all of em. Last season was #2... and the first season was the best so far, for me.

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #1590
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter