RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest7791 (54.225.32.164)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Television : Reading "The Finale of THE SOPRANOS " Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #1592 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
saundrabeach  
The Finale of THE SOPRANOS
6/10/07, 5:14pm (Last Edited: 6/10/07, 5:38pm)
graphic

I have been told that the studio shot three different endings so that even the cast doesn't know the real ending of the Soprano saga.

So, I who have not heard the endings will volunteer my ideal ending:

After last week when the psychiatrist, Lorraine Bracco's character after all these years finally kissed off Tony Soprano feeling he could never be helped being a sociopath, etc. she handed him a referal for another doctor.

This sizzles inside of Tony until this week he goes back to see her. She unwillingly lets him come in and sit in his familiar chair across from her interesting sexy legs.

He tells her how she abandoned him and that maybe now they can "get it on" as we could see through the years some possible sexual tention and agenda, but each time it was nipped in the bud.

Well she being a respectable doctor restrainingly rejects Tony yet another time.

This time his anger boils over and he gives a speech yada yada and how she knows everything about him which is too much and now after rejecting him and his advances he pulls out his gun and there is a big loud knock at the door which distracts him, she immediately pulls out her gun and shoots him in the middle of his forehead. Tony is dead.... dum dum dum dum! One other possibility is that the doc and Tony do embrace and Carmela Tony's long suffering loyal wife comes in and kills them both!

Well ok, so that's why I am not a screen writer.

--------------------------------------------------------
TREAT OTHERS LIKE YOU WANT TO BE TREATED WELCOME EACH NEW DAY! Just When Your Children Are Fit To Live With, They Are Living With Someone Else!

Reply to Msg #1592
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

saundrabeach 's Blog

saundrabeach 's Blog

Message #1593 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
saundrabeach
Larry Levy  
Re: The Finale of THE SOPRANOS
6/10/07, 5:46pm
graphic
That's a possibility, but only if Melfi makes house calls to the safe house where Tony is holed up

Personally, I think Paulie is a rat and that may be the way Tony gets back at Phil, before he kills Phil, of course. I don't think I've wanted to see anyone get whacked so much since Ritchie.

The east coast HBO feed is on in 20 minutes, but I'm going to hold out until the west coast airing at 9:00. I can do it, I know I can!!!

" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121

Reply to Msg #1593
Back to Topics

Message #1594 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
saundrabeach  
6/10/07, 7:17pm
graphic
WELL Larry, do not read this if you are holding out til 9:00 P.M. Cause I watched its Eastern feed. I couldn't wait...Well, Now that I know I won't be giving anything away....Yuck!

All I'll say til after 9:00 p.m.s show is they have big money plans for the future I betcha!

I am so disappointed. The worst ending of a saga show ever. Dumb! My ending was better

Our loyal group is surprised and upset with what they did or didn't do. lol

TREAT OTHERS LIKE YOU WANT TO BE TREATED WELCOME EACH NEW DAY! Just When Your Children Are Fit To Live With, They Are Living With Someone Else!

Reply to Msg #1594
Back to Topics

saundrabeach 's Blog

Message #1595 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
saundrabeach
Rob Reed  
6/10/07, 10:48pm
graphic
I actually liked the ending. There was super tension with the feeling that something was gonna happen... and maybe it did. We are left to imagine whether a hit on the entire family was on, or whether there was nothing at all going on.

The guy going to the bathroom was clearly a Godfather reference... I, for one, imagine that he was assigned to bump off the entire family.

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #1595
Back to Topics

Message #1596 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Larry Levy  
6/11/07, 2:21pm
graphic
Here's my take: I'm wondering too if Tony was whacked. The thing that got me thinking was them showing the scene twice where Tony and Bobby are in the boat on the lake and Tony asks Bobby what he thinks it would be like to die and Bobby says, “I think everything just goes black.”

On the other hand, Chase always selected music that would fit a message or theme. Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believing” is the song Tony selected out of the jukebox and right after the shot cuts to black, the lyric would have been, “It goes on and on and on and on.”

I think Chase’s idea is that the scene means whatever someone wants it to mean: Tony is dead or Tony is alive, etc.

Janice and I hated the final scene at first, but the more I think about it the more I like all the tension and stuff David Chase put in it.

Reply to Msg #1596
Back to Topics

Message #1597 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Chris Reed  
6/11/07, 3:54pm
graphic
Let me tell you what I thought about the finale of "The Sopranos."

I think

Reply to Msg #1597
Back to Topics

Chris Reed 's Blog

Message #1599 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Chris Reed
Robert Reed  
6/11/07, 7:20pm (Last Edited: 6/11/07, 7:35pm)
graphic
>Let me tell you what I thought about the finale of "The
>Sopranos."
>
>I think

Well, let me tell you what I think.-----,--------, I have absolutely no idea.

I have never watched a single episiode, not because I did not want to.
After what happened to me following "24" season three, I knew it would be better to not take on another addiction for a while.

Prior to season 4 I picked up the entire first 3 seasons, and started watching, I did not leave the house, nor sleep for three days, most meals were delivered.

I started telling people I was not available to do anything on monday nights, that I was "in Jail", I then explained that "24" was on.

Based on recomendations here, I purchased "Deadwood", not having seen it,I still have not seen it, one day I will.

Early on in this season of "Sopranos", you mentioned I should watch, but first I should watch season one and two.
I found season one but not two, I am still looking.

I will find season one, perhaps season one through six, will be available soon.

I do however, feel some trepidation, in that once I start watching, it may be the last thing I ever do.!!!!

I love that picture of you and Daniel, would like to request an 8" by 10".

Reply to Msg #1599
Back to Topics

Message #1600 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Chris Reed
Larry Levy  
6/12/07, 8:23am
graphic
>Let me tell you what I thought about the finale of "The
>Sopranos."
>
>I think

LOL!!!! Chris!!

Reply to Msg #1600
Back to Topics

Message #1601 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Larry Levy  
Chase Speaks!
6/12/07, 9:32am
graphic
A guy I know from his old NYPD Blue Blog, Alan Sepinwall, is also a TV critic on the NJ Star-Ledger newspaper. He's kept a Sopranos blog going as well and this moring he published an exclusive interview with The Sopranos' creator, David Chase. I think it gives some insight into how Chase invisioned the show ending.

Here's the link: http://blog.nj.com/alltv/2007/06/david_chase_speaks
.html

I especially like Alan Sepinwall's take on the ending. He believes that Tony lives and that the scene is how Tony sees a world where everyone is a potential threat. A better explaniation of this theory can be found on the link.

Reply to Msg #1601
Back to Topics

Message #1602 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
saundrabeach  
Re: Chase Speaks!
6/12/07, 12:42pm
graphic
I still maintain that my ending as duly noted was the most creative and the BEST!

Can you believe so much hoopla over this! Are we not busy enough?

Chase says "he has no future plans for a movie, but if he thinks of one good enough... "hummmm

'Godfather meets Tony Soprano' or "Tony Finds Pussy" I was so sad when that character was deep sixed. His last words were "please don't shoot me in the face..."didn't want to haunt his mom.

Fun!

Reply to Msg #1602
Back to Topics

saundrabeach 's Blog

Message #1605 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
saundrabeach
Larry Levy  
Re: Chase Speaks!
6/13/07, 10:32am
graphic
"Tony finds Pussy".......The comeback lines are endless!!!

Reply to Msg #1605
Back to Topics

Message #1610 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Larry Levy  
Think Tony Soprano's dead? You may be right
6/15/07, 9:33am
graphic
Think Tony Soprano's dead? You may be right

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Fans of "The Sopranos" are seizing on clues suggesting the controversial blackout which abruptly ended the TV mob drama meant that Tony Soprano was rubbed out, and HBO said Thursday they may be on to something.

One clue in particular, a flashback in the penultimate episode to a conversation between Tony and his brother-in-law about death, gained credence as an HBO spokesman called it a "legitimate" hint and confirmed that series creator David Chase had a definite ending in mind.

"While he won't say to me 100 percent what it all means, he says some people who've guessed have come closer than others," HBO spokesman Quentin Schaffer told Reuters after speaking to Chase.

"There are definitely things there that he intended for people to pick up on," Schaffer said. (Watch viewers try to make sense of the end )

Chase himself suggested as much in an interview Tuesday with The Star-Ledger newspaper of New Jersey when he said of his end to the HBO series, "Anyone who wants to watch it, it's all there."

In the final moments of Sunday's concluding episode, Tony, the conflicted mob boss who has just survived a round of gangland warfare, sits in a diner with his family munching on onion rings as the 1980s song by rock band Journey, "Don't Stop Believin'," blares from a juke box.

Tension builds as a suspicious man wearing a "Members Only" jacket eyes Tony from a nearby counter before slipping into a restroom. Then, as Tony looks toward the restaurant's entrance, the screen abruptly goes blank in mid-scene -- with no picture or sound for 10 seconds -- until the credits roll silently.

Stunned viewers, many initially believing something had gone wrong with their cable TV reception, were left wondering whether Tony ended up "whacked" or whether his sordid life went on as usual.

Even star James Gandolfini wasn't sure.

"You have to ask ('The Sopranos' creator) David Chase that. Smarter minds than mine know the answer to that," Gandolfini told the New York Daily News. "I thought it was a great ending. You decide."

The jarring, fill-in-the-blank finale, concluding a show widely hailed as America's greatest television drama, sparked a furious debate about whether Chase had conceived of an actual ending and whether he left the audience any clues.

The biggest hint, according to a consensus taking shape on the Web, is a scene from an earlier episode in which Tony and his brother-in-law, Bobby "Bacala" Baccalieri, muse about what it feels like to die.

"At the end, you probably don't hear anything, everything just goes black," Bobby says while they sit fishing in a small boat on a lake.

That scene is recalled briefly in a flashback played at the end of the penultimate "Sopranos" episode, as Tony is lying in the darkened room of a safehouse clutching a machine gun to his chest in the midst of a mob war.

"I think that is one of the most legitimate things to look at," Schaffer said when asked about theories that the Bobby Bacala flashback was meant to foreshadow Tony's death.

Moreover, he said the man in the "Members Only" jacket could be interpreted as a symbolic reference to membership in the mob. "Members Only" also was the title of the episode in which Tony's demented Uncle Junior shoots him in the gut.

The "Members Only" guy was played by the owner of a real-life pizza parlor, Paolo Colandrea. Schaffer denied reports that Colandrea had appeared earlier in the series as the nephew of Tony's New York gang rival, or that there ever was such a character. He also dismissed reports that Chase had filmed more than one ending to the finale.

Copyright 2007 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Reply to Msg #1610
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter