RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest1790 (54.80.140.5)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Television : Reading "Who are your favorite 5 contestants on American Idol from Season 1 to Season 6?" Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #1709 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
drrubb
Who are your favorite 5 contestants on American Idol from Season 1 to Season 6?
3/1/08, 11:00am
1. Melinda Doolittle (season 6)
2. Chris Daughtry (season 5)
3. Kelly Clarkson (season 1)
4. Carrie Underwood (season 4)
5. Jordin Sparks (season 6)

Reply to Msg #1709
Back to Topics

Message #1712 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
drrubb
Marie Reed  
Re: Who are your favorite 5 contestants on American Idol from Season 1 to Season 6?
3/1/08, 3:39pm
graphic
My top 5:

1. Kelly Clarkson
2. Tamyra Gray
3. Clay Aiken (Yes, really!)
4. Chris Daughtry
5. Carrie Underwood

Reply to Msg #1712
Back to Topics

Message #1713 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Marie Reed
drrubb
Re: Who are your favorite 5 contestants on American Idol from Season 1 to Season 6?
3/1/08, 5:51pm
Solid list! Not a Clay Aiken fan, but he was good.

Reply to Msg #1713
Back to Topics

Message #1718 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
drrubb
Rob Reed  
3/4/08, 12:58pm
graphic
1) Kelly Clarkson
2) Elliott Yamin (only singer who has come close to Kelly, to me, in terms of raw singing ability -- amazing tone to this guy's voice)
3) Chris Daughtry - great rock voice... none better on this show
4) Melinda Doolittle - great singer, but the greatest thing about her, to me, is that she can sing any style... and do it very well
5) Tamyra Gray (House Is Not a Home is one of my favorite ever on the show), Bo Bice, Kimberly Locke, Ruben Studdard - 4 way tie for 5th

David Archuleta is my favorite this year. His version of Lennon's "Imagine" was just awesome.

--------------------------------------------------------
"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #1718
Back to Topics

Message #1719 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
drrubb
3/4/08, 6:48pm
I think Archuletta is going to win it this season. He does have the best vocals.

For me though, I like David Cook(the rocker guy). I'm pulling for him although I don't think he'll beat out Archuletta.

On the girls side, I really love Carly, the long dark haired chick with the tatoo on her arm. I'm pulling for her on the women's side.

As for your top 5, season 1 through 6, solid list. I still believe Melinda should have won last season. And I think Daughtry should have atleast been in the final 2 in season 5.

Reply to Msg #1719
Back to Topics

Message #1720 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Robert Reed  
3/5/08, 2:08am
graphic
I believe I saw the British version before the U.S., and did not see Clarkson.

Therefore I did not see Her.

My list is predicated on a bias., I believe Archuletta is FAR superior than ANYONE who has ever appeared on "pop idol", X factor, or American Idol, (the latter being the show preceded by the others).

Archuletta with one "T" or perhaps 2 is an incredible discovery as per "pop music".
In my opinion he is "Gold" for ALL aspects of the music business and can not fail.

Therefore based on that biased opinion , my list is:

1. Archuletta

2Elliot Yamin,( the absolute best of that season).

3Melinda Doolittle

4.Reuben Stoddard

5.Bo Bice/Underwood

Reply to Msg #1720
Back to Topics

Message #1721 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Reed
Rob Reed  
3/5/08, 8:03am
graphic
I was sure you would give some love to Tamyra... but it you aren't familiar with Kelly, then you aren't familiar with Tamyra.

This is one of the single greatest performances in the history of the show, to me...

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #1721
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter