RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest63696 (54.162.136.26)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Television : Reading "ABC 'Expose' on American Idol" Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #795 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Idol Worshipers
Chris Reed  
ABC 'Expose' on American Idol
5/5/05, 9:38am
graphic
Some thoughts on the ABC ďexposeĒ of American IdolÖÖ
I didnít see the report as a whole being harmful to Idol. Corey Clark isnít Herbert Stumpel. There was no evidence whatsoever of wrongdoing by the show or its producers.
So if anything, it was an indictment of Paula Abdul. Though ABC wouldnít have gotten the same kind of hype built up for a report on Paula Abdul as it would on a report on American Idol.
Even at that, I canít say Corey Clarkís accusations and evidence seemed rock solid. Iím not even sure it will be enough to keep Abdul from being a part of the final three weeks, though Iíll be amazed if sheís back next season.

- Judging by the evidence presented in the story, I do believe that Abdul likely gave preferential treatment to Corey Clark. The phone number, prescription bottle are certainly decent evidence ó and the most damaging evidence had to be the phone records. You just donít talk for 2 and a half hours on the phone discussing song selection and dance moves.
- That said, I was not convinced beyond a doubt that Clark and Abdul engaged in a sexual relationship. There was no evidence offered other that comments made by Clark that had no collaboration. The phone messages, which turned out to be recent, didnít indicate anything about a sexual relationship and showed not much more than a celebrity trying to shut out the tabloids.
- Context needs to be applied here when determining if Abdulís comments on the show improperly steered voters his way. Abdul gives glowing comments to EVERYBODY. In fact, her comments have become irrelevant to most viewers.
- It still reeks a bit of ABC trying to pull the shades on a program on a rival network. Iím not sure what the news value was of devoting an entire hour of a news program to one manís accusations. Plenty of gossip and Enquirer/US Magazine kind of value, but Iím not sure youíre anywhere near going to see anybody ready to award ABC a news Emmy for this.
- The ex-contestants were nothing more than bitter folks who never made it out of auditions and were a waste of airtime. Letís see one person raise their hand if they think any of them would have challenged Ruben or Clay.

Reply to Msg #795
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

Chris Reed 's Blog

Message #800 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Chris Reed
Marie Reed  
Re: ABC 'Expose' on American Idol
5/5/05, 9:18pm (Last Edited: 5/5/05, 9:32pm)
graphic
I think Corey Clark should be hung. He's a money-hungry jerk who wants to promote his book and new album. He wasn't even a good singer. Ruben or Clay vs. Corey? No contest. America would have voted him out anyway. Corey sings like a nervous goat with a high pitch.

And so what if Paula Abdul and Corey Clark had a sexual relationship? Who really cares? All Corey did was shoot himself in the foot. If Paula tried to help him, and he claimed that he loved her, why would he thank her by stabbing her in the back? Because he wants exposure to make some bucks. Because he's an opportunist who has no class.

I think that Corey just pissed people off that he won't make crap with his new album and book deal. His 15 minutes of fame is way over.

Reply to Msg #800
Back to Topics

Message #801 of 1734  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Marie Reed
Shon Wells
Re: ABC 'Expose' on American Idol
5/6/05, 3:31pm
I don't follow American Idol. With that said, I think this must be one of the luckest guys around if he really had a sexual relationship with Paula. I don't like people kissing and telling, and it does appear he is doing it to promote his new ventures.

--------------------------------------------------------
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply to Msg #801
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter