RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest63835
Posts: 0
Read Mode: Topics
Status: Guest
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Movies and Theatre : Reading "Movie Quotes IV" Thread

Username Password


This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #1019 of 1053  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Larry Levy  
Movie Quotes IV
2/27/08, 10:32am
graphic
Well, it’s Oscar time again so that means its time for your annual movie quotes contest.

Guess the movie the famous quote was from.

Good luck!

1. Daniel: “I drink your milkshake! I drink it up.”

2. Michael: “Do I look like I'm negotiating?”

3. Erin: “They’re called ‘boobs’, Ed.”

4. Max: “How could this happen? I was so careful. I picked the wrong play, the wrong director, the wrong cast. Where did I go right?”

5. Ned: “I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.
Rooster: “Fill your hands, you son of a bitch.”

6. Prissy: “Lawzy, we got to have a doctor. I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' babies.”

7. “But, you ain’t got no legs, Lt. Dan.” Lt. Dan: “Yes, I know that.” (Can’t tell you name of the first character-that would give it away.)

8. President Muffley: “Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.”

9. Brody: “You're gonna need a bigger boat.”

--------------------------------------------------------
" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121
--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #1019
Back to Topics


Message #1021 of 1053  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
Rob Reed  
Re: Movie Quotes IV
2/27/08, 1:54pm
graphic
>4. Max: “How could this happen? I was so careful. I picked the wrong play, the wrong director, the wrong cast. Where did I go right?”

The Producers

>5. Ned: “I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.
>Rooster: “Fill your hands, you son of a bitch.”

Guessing Rooster Coburn... that film with John Wayne

>6. Prissy: “Lawzy, we got to have a doctor. I don't know
>nothin' 'bout birthin' babies.”

Gone With The Wind

>7. “But, you ain’t got no legs, Lt. Dan.” Lt. Dan: “Yes, I
>know that.” (Can’t tell you name of the first character-that
>would give it away.)

Forrest Gump

>8. President Muffley: “Gentlemen, you can't fight in here!
>This is the War Room.”

Dr. Strangelove?

>9. Brody: “You're gonna need a bigger boat.”

Jaws

As to the others, no clue.

--------------------------------------------------------
"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw
--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #1021
Back to Topics


Message #1023 of 1053  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Larry Levy  
Re: Movie Quotes IV
2/28/08, 8:27am
graphic
>>4. Max: “How could this happen? I was so careful. I picked
>the wrong play, the wrong director, the wrong cast. Where did
>I go right?”
>
>The Producers
>
>>5. Ned: “I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.
>>Rooster: “Fill your hands, you son of a bitch.”
>
>Guessing Rooster Coburn... that film with John Wayne
>
>>6. Prissy: “Lawzy, we got to have a doctor. I don't know
>>nothin' 'bout birthin' babies.”
>
>Gone With The Wind
>
>>7. “But, you ain’t got no legs, Lt. Dan.” Lt. Dan: “Yes, I
>>know that.” (Can’t tell you name of the first character-that
>>would give it away.)
>
>Forrest Gump
>
>>8. President Muffley: “Gentlemen, you can't fight in here!
>>This is the War Room.”
>
>Dr. Strangelove?
>
>>9. Brody: “You're gonna need a bigger boat.”
>
>Jaws
>
>As to the others, no clue.

Correctamundo!!!

Let's see if anyone can guess the others.

--------------------------------------------------------
" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121
--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #1023
Back to Topics


Message #1024 of 1053  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
Larry Levy  
Re: Movie Quotes IV
2/29/08, 2:23pm
graphic
Ok, here's the answers....

1. Daniel: “I drink your milkshake! I drink it up.”

Daniel Day Lewis in "There Will Be Blood".

2. Michael: “Do I look like I'm negotiating?”

George Clooney in "Michael Clayton."

3. Erin: “They’re called ‘boobs’, Ed.”

Yep, Julia Roberts in Erin Brockovich.

4. Max: “How could this happen? I was so careful. I picked the wrong play, the wrong director, the wrong cast. Where did I go right?”

Zero Mostel in the first one and Nathan Lane in the second..."The Producers."

5. Ned: “I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.
Rooster: “Fill your hands, you son of a bitch.”

Robert Duvall and John Wayne in "True Grit."

6. Prissy: “Lawzy, we got to have a doctor. I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' babies.”

Butterfly McQueen in "Gone With The Wind."

7. “But, you ain’t got no legs, Lt. Dan.” Lt. Dan: “Yes, I know that.” (Can’t tell you name of the first character-that would give it away.)

Too easy, I know....Tom Hanks and Gary Sinise in "Forrest Gump."

8. President Muffley: “Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.”

Peter Sellers in "Dr. Strangelove."

9. Brody: “You're gonna need a bigger boat.”

The recently deceased Roy Scheider in "Jaws".

You guys up for more?

--------------------------------------------------------
" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121
--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #1024
Back to Topics


Message #1025 of 1053  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
Thomas Canty
Re: Movie Quotes IV
2/29/08, 5:26pm
>1. Daniel: “I drink your milkshake! I drink it up.”
>
>Daniel Day Lewis in "There Will Be Blood".

Never even heard of it.

>2. Michael: “Do I look like I'm negotiating?”
>
>George Clooney in "Michael Clayton."

Never heard of this one, either.

>You guys up for more?

Yep!

--------------------------------------------------------
http://www.ldphotography.net/
--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #1025
Back to Topics


Message #1026 of 1053  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Thomas Canty
Larry Levy  
Re: Movie Quotes IV
3/1/08, 10:12am
graphic
>>1. Daniel: “I drink your milkshake! I drink it up.”
>>
>>Daniel Day Lewis in "There Will Be Blood".
>
>Never even heard of it.
>
>>2. Michael: “Do I look like I'm negotiating?”
>>
>>George Clooney in "Michael Clayton."
>
>Never heard of this one, either.
>
>>You guys up for more?
>
>Yep!

Good grief!!! Those were two of the Oscar nominated films this year. Don't feel bad, I haven't seen them either.

You might want to check out "There Will Be Blood" when it comes out on DVD. Its the story of an early 20th century oil baron in central California. The film was actually shot in Marfa, Texas, but it's supposed to be the oil fields north of Bakersfield. Anyway, it's the usual story of greed exceeding all else, in a "Deadwood" sort of way.

--------------------------------------------------------
" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121
--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #1026
Back to Topics


Message #1027 of 1053  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
Thomas Canty
Re: Movie Quotes IV
3/1/08, 11:10am
>Good grief!!! Those were two of the Oscar nominated films this
>year. Don't feel bad, I haven't seen them either.

I rarely keep up with current movies, and can't even remember the last time I saw a movie in the theater. The movies I rent from Netflix are usually from the 1950s or earlier.

--------------------------------------------------------
http://www.ldphotography.net/
--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #1027
Back to Topics


Message #1028 of 1053  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Thomas Canty
Larry Levy  
Re: Movie Quotes IV
3/1/08, 3:35pm
graphic
>>Good grief!!! Those were two of the Oscar nominated films
>this
>>year. Don't feel bad, I haven't seen them either.
>
>I rarely keep up with current movies, and can't even remember
>the last time I saw a movie in the theater. The movies I rent
>from Netflix are usually from the 1950s or earlier.

I'd say for me, I like films made in the 70's and earlier.

I am a big Bogart fan and one of his films that I've never seen, "The Barefoot Contessa" was just on TCM. I liked it. Good film, though it was more of a vehicle for Ava Gardner.

I like old westerns too, especially John Wayne films, like "Rio Bravo" and "The Son's of Katie Elder."

--------------------------------------------------------
" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121
--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #1028
Back to Topics


Message #1029 of 1053  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
Thomas Canty
Re: Movie Quotes IV
3/2/08, 12:21am
>I'd say for me, I like films made in the 70's and earlier.

I do see a few a little more modern than the 50's too, every once in a while.

>I am a big Bogart fan and one of his films that I've never
>seen, "The Barefoot Contessa" was just on TCM. I liked it.
>Good film, though it was more of a vehicle for Ava Gardner.

I was on a Bogart kick a couple years ago and went through just about everything he did. That was fun.

>I like old westerns too, especially John Wayne films, like
>"Rio Bravo" and "The Son's of Katie Elder."

I like westerns also, but I'm not a John Wayne fan by any means. I do have a bunch of Clint Eastwood movies on DVD, though.

--------------------------------------------------------
http://www.ldphotography.net/
--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #1029
Back to Topics


Message #1032 of 1053  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Thomas Canty
Larry Levy  
Re: Movie Quotes IV
3/2/08, 4:02pm
graphic
>>I'd say for me, I like films made in the 70's and earlier.
>
>I do see a few a little more modern than the 50's too, every
>once in a while.
>
>>I am a big Bogart fan and one of his films that I've never
>>seen, "The Barefoot Contessa" was just on TCM. I liked it.
>>Good film, though it was more of a vehicle for Ava Gardner.
>
>I was on a Bogart kick a couple years ago and went through
>just about everything he did. That was fun.
>
>>I like old westerns too, especially John Wayne films, like
>>"Rio Bravo" and "The Son's of Katie Elder."
>
>I like westerns also, but I'm not a John Wayne fan by any
>means. I do have a bunch of Clint Eastwood movies on DVD,
>though.

I love Eastwood too, even the old "Spaghetti Westerns."

I mainly oike the old John Waybe films because a lot of them have Alberto Morin in them and he was a friend of my father's. He was a character actor from the 40's-mid 80's. His last film was the Milagro Beanfield War, which I think was in 1986. He died a few years later. He could tell some amazing stories.

--------------------------------------------------------
" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121
--------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic
Next Topic
Reply to Msg #1032
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter