To
From
Subject
Date
All
drrubb
The Dark Knight
7/19/08, 9:41pm
Flat out AWESOME! What a shame that Heath Ledger has passed. This guy had a very promising career as an actor, but I think he took his role so seriously as the Joker that it seemingly carried over to reality, atleast one might think. This is by far & away the best Batman movie. It's dark & sinister & definately not cheesy like the Batman movies that were played by Keaton, Kilmer, & Clooney. And as good as Nicholson did playing the Joker in the very first Batman, Ledger's version is far better. We also see how 2 Face becomes 2 Face in this one also which to me was very much like Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith, when we saw how the Emperor became, the Emperor & how Vader became Vader.

Without giving too much away, The Dark Knight is a must see & does not disappoint. It's atleast a solid 9 on a 10 scale.

Reply to Msg #1049
Back to Topics

Message #1050 of 1053  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
drrubb
Larry Levy  
Re: The Dark Knight
7/20/08, 11:57am
graphic
Thanks for the report, Rub.

This is one of the few movies I really want to see this summer.

--------------------------------------------------------
" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121

Reply to Msg #1050
Back to Topics

Message #1051 of 1053  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
drrubb
Rob Reed  
8/7/08, 11:53am
graphic
Marie and I saw this finally... I hate not seeing a blockbuster movie before the blockbuster hype reaches its peak because it seems that 90% of the time, I'm disappointed.

I really liked Dark Knight, but I didn't LOVE it... so, I was somewhat disappointed.

To me, it was too long and it seemed to have big gaps in the story line. I have heard complaints about Bale's "rough voice" for Batman that was apparently purposefully modulated post-production. I loved this, actually.

The cinematography was great. The performances were great... Ledger was particularly great. And, Bale was born to be Batman.

Good movie... and I would recommend it... but I'm probably more in the 7.5/10 camp. I liked "Batman Returns" a bit more.

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #1051
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

Rob Reed's Blog

Message #1052 of 1053  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
drrubb
8/11/08, 11:46am
Funny you talk about Bale's rough voice as Batman. I bet fans would have really complained had they got Adam West's version of Batman & his somewhat faggy voice & mannerisms, although that may nave been histerical. I think Adam West was gay.

Reply to Msg #1052
Back to Topics

Message #1053 of 1053  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Larry Levy  
8/11/08, 4:47pm
graphic
Great film. We saw it on Saturday and I can say it was the best film I have seen a in a long time. Ledger is amazing!!! I also liked the fact that they didn't go nuts with the CGI. I hate films that do that.

" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121

Reply to Msg #1053
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter