Message #1169 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
ALL BBMers
Dr. Rub
Dragons?
4/24/05, 5:24am (Last Edited: 4/24/05, 5:31am)
Well, I'm here to tell you guys that it might be a rough season for the Dragons. I know it's really really early & hard to tell, but it appears things may backfire on me this season. I'm not sure what I did or what I forgot to do but I don't even have a starting pitcher vs. the Quakes in the third game of our upcoming series. I must have forgot to hit the enter or set button or something. I'm not basing the early going just on that though. I just don't have the same feeling about my team this season as I did the first two seasons. I have some players I'm really disappointed in right now all though it is still relatively early. Sexson where are you? Blalock where are you? Spivey & Berroa where are you guys? Brian Roberts is the best player on my team right now. Who? Brian Roberts?

Here's a prediction from Dr. Rub for the outlook of this season.
Grim, atleast for the Dragons standards based from the results of the first two seasons. I will struggle early on most likely & will rebound to atleast be somewhat competitive finishing around 500, but will most likely miss the playoffs this season. I know it is early, but it is just a strange feeling. I will do my best though to dig myself out of what will probably be an early season slump.

It may be because I'm in two BBM leagues this season for the first time. Believe it or not, that is an adjustment. I have somehow started 3-0 in that other league. I'm not exactly sure how that team will do. It looks okay atleast early on. My father being in our BBM league this season(his first fantasy baseball season of any kind) is an added distraction atleast early on. I'm glad he is in the league though. Trying to help him out early on with the abundance of questions & thoughts & strategic planning & just trying to get him to understand how it all works has been fun, yet somewhat distracting because of having my own very meteocre team to worry about & being in another league for my first time. The intricacies of the game are still very confusing & mind boggling to my father right now. I believe he will eventually catch on though. I would like to thank everyone though for welcoming him into the league. That was very kind & classy.

All this being said though, I won't be waving any white flags anytime soon. I expected a bit of a drop off this season from the Dragons coming into it, but will still be trying just as hard to win games & get back on track. It will be very tough in the early going though. It's really tough when you don't have a starting pitcher in one of your locked starts! ??? Not sure what exactly happened there.

--------------------------------------------------------
"Losers always whine about giving their best. Winners get to go home & ---- the prom queen." (Sean Connery)

Reply to Msg #1169
Back to Topics

Message #1172 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
Jeremy Pate
Re: Dragons?
4/24/05, 7:49am
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's only 3 gams into the season and you're already trying to jink yourself into a winning record?

Sound the alarms and proclaim the ship is going down? BRILLIANT!!!

Reply to Msg #1172
Back to Topics

Message #1173 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Jeremy Pate
Dr. Rub
4/24/05, 8:43am (Last Edited: 4/24/05, 8:53am)
You should know how to "sandbag" with the best of them. I'm using that Lou Holtz theory. It may or may not work! There are a couple of glaring weaknesses on my team right now though.

Tear down your team after 3 games into the season?

BRILLIANT!!!!!

Actually, I am somewhat concerned about my team. I will be 1-3 when I wake tomorrow. I have a pitcher for my DH for God sakes. I'm not even trying to beat the Quakes tonight with Mr. Willis on the hill. We only have 159 games left.

You can also bet I'll be using a pitcher to hit at my DH spot that game I don't have a starting pitcher vs. the Quakes as well. No need to try to fight for that one either when I already know I have very very little shot at winning that game. Save what decent statbank I do have. I'm just taking my lumps early on.

"Losers always whine about giving their best. Winners get to go home & ---- the prom queen." (Sean Connery)

Reply to Msg #1173
Back to Topics

Message #1174 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Jeremy Pate
Rob Reed  
4/24/05, 8:52am
graphic
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
>!!!!!

You did steal all those trinkets and pillows that Rub would move around during the season for good luck, right?

Nice job!

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #1174
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

's Blog

Message #1175 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
Rob Reed  
4/24/05, 8:52am
graphic
Two words: too early.

/and this is the year to have Brian Roberts

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #1175
Back to Topics

Message #1176 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Dr. Rub
4/24/05, 8:59am
I know that Rob. I'm just trying to make light of my hick-up in the rotation. Two, I do see my team struggling a little early on, although I could be wrong. I'm not that worried about it. I know my team will bounce back. Sexson needs to get his bat going though. He's killin' me.

Reply to Msg #1176
Back to Topics

Message #1177 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
Rob Reed  
4/24/05, 9:05am
graphic
The factor to consider to with Sexson: he's a little gunshy. It is his power swing that led to his injury last year.

If I were you, I would just be patiently waiting for the weather to warm up. When it does... and if his shoulder is fine... look out!

Reply to Msg #1177
Back to Topics

Message #1178 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Dr. Rub
4/24/05, 10:42am (Last Edited: 4/24/05, 10:43am)
LOL! All of that is not working yet!(referring to the pillows & such)

LA is around the corner. Looking forward to it.

Reply to Msg #1178
Back to Topics

Message #1180 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
Jeremy Pate
4/25/05, 12:28pm (Last Edited: 4/25/05, 12:31pm)
My team sucks.
The Roid Rage is starting to look more like Road Rash to me.
1-3. Averaging 3 runs a game.
What a bunch of pathetic losers. I hate to think I'm going to have to clean house so soon.

Reply to Msg #1180
Back to Topics

Message #1181 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
Robert Reed  
4/25/05, 5:34pm (Last Edited: 4/25/05, 5:36pm)
graphic
I will soon rename my team "The Slugs", I predicted I would win a total of 162 games, much to my disapointment, I am "off to" a 3-1 start, that one loss already "messes up my perfect season".
I'm going out to buy "new pillows", "rabbits feet", "dream catchers", and any kind of "good luck charm", I can find.
Will not hold the "Sexton", pick again'st you, up to this point "he stinks", may he continue to do so.
See you in L.A. soon.

Reply to Msg #1181
Back to Topics

Message #1182 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Reed
Larry Levy  
4/25/05, 7:00pm
graphic
>I will soon rename my team "The Slugs", I predicted I would
>win a total of 162 games, much to my disapointment, I am "off
>to" a 3-1 start, that one loss already "messes up my perfect
>season".
>I'm going out to buy "new pillows", "rabbits feet", "dream
>catchers", and any kind of "good luck charm", I can find.
>Will not hold the "Sexton", pick again'st you, up to this
>point "he stinks", may he continue to do so.
>See you in L.A. soon.

You know, UC Santa Cruz' teams are known as the Banana Slugs.

" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121

Reply to Msg #1182
Back to Topics

Message #1183 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Reed
Robert Jones  
4/25/05, 8:07pm
>I will soon rename my team "The Slugs", I predicted I would
>win a total of 162 games, much to my disapointment, I am "off
>to" a 3-1 start, that one loss already "messes up my perfect
>season".
>I'm going out to buy "new pillows", "rabbits feet", "dream
>catchers", and any kind of "good luck charm", I can find.
>Will not hold the "Sexton", pick again'st you, up to this
>point "he stinks", may he continue to do so.
>See you in L.A. soon.

Ain't that a bummer! I hate when that happens. The only thing worse than loosing a streak like that this soon is to loose it on the 162nd game thus ending 161-1. That would be a major dissappointment.

Friends are the best collectibles

Reply to Msg #1183
Back to Topics

Message #1185 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
Robert Reed  
4/26/05, 1:11am (Last Edited: 4/26/05, 2:21am)
graphic
Hello Larry, that is interesting since I am very familiar to the area.
They must" nt "be very good", at Football,"Banana Slugs" (Santa CRUz UNI., )
My youngest, namely Michael recently gave me a "T" shirt from his school "amongst the Redwoods", Humboldt, (Why is it I had no idea of the reputation of that place), anyway he is getting "NOTHING BUT A'SSSSSSSS as in GRADESSSSSSSS", I.E. A Plus ., VERY proud of him, it is after all a STATE UNIVERSITY., and he is doing GREAT., BRAVO MIKE.( even though your professors may be "WHACKO".
The "T" shirt depicted that they were "ALSO rans", in Football, It gave them the award of "Backyard Football champions 2000", most "gridirons" are not in ones "backyard"

My familiarity with Santa Cruz goes back to my U.S. Army days, I was stationed briefly at Monterey, (Ft. Ord, ), (1966),some "fun " weekends on the Boadwalk at Santa Cruz,-------------------------- as a "Brit",Who REALLY did not have to , (could have gone home to a great country,( So glad I did NOT, there would have not been a Robbie, Chris, Jason and Mike, What a TERRIBLE world that would have been , without them. , PRIDE said otherwise, filling in for "a draft dodger Yank",(Rhymes with "WANK"), who PRETENDED to stay in school and had lived in this Country ALL of the time up to then , and recieved ALL of it's benefits,but perhaps as YOU , BILL, (as in CLINTON,) or YOU, ( not any of YOU, hopefully, but if the "shoe fits WEAR IT", SOMEONE ELSE WENT, IF YOU DID NOT,SOMEONE ELSE DID, MANY (Like ME, were newly arrived FOREIGNERS, who had NO previous life here, had not partaken of the benefits, and did "NOT have A SAY, THEY ALSO, DID NOT HAVE A CHOICE------------------------------ Those who went to Jail have a great admiration from me., people like Mohammed Ali, who could have had it easy by serving in "Special Services" but gave that up to risk Internment showed courage, THOSE who took the "Easy way out" by deceit, I despise.

Larry , this is not meant for you since you are too young, I know I replied to your message and then "got on my soapbox", sorry, had to "Vent".

Reply to Msg #1185
Back to Topics

Message #1186 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Jones
Robert Reed  
4/26/05, 1:23am
graphic
WHAT A REPLY, LOVE your humour. !!!!

Reply to Msg #1186
Back to Topics

Message #1188 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Reed
Larry Levy  
4/26/05, 9:32am
graphic
Actually, I just barely missed the "Vietnam Experience". I turned 18 in June, 1973 and was listed as "1-A" on my first draft card. Needless to say I needed to change my shorts when I opened that letter! They never called my number, thank goodness.

" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121

Reply to Msg #1188
Back to Topics

Message #1192 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
Dr. Rub
5/1/05, 8:35am (Last Edited: 5/1/05, 8:47am)
Well??? tic toc tic toc. I'll keep plugging away & hopefully get hot, but maybe I had this coming to me. Still early? Obviously yes. However, that is an often used cliche. Sooner or lator, I'll will have probably used up every cliche associated with struggling or not winning. No white flags here though! After all the butt whippen I was able to do in my first 2 seasons, maybe it is just time for me to be getting my butt whipped for a change. I'm doing what I can. Fortunately, in my other league I'm whipping some pinetar ass(knock on wood). Hopefully atleast that will continue. I'm still having a great time win or lose & I'm proud to be apart of 2 highly competitive leagues, especially ours despite my early season slump. You guys are a bunch of tough ass competitors(I wanted to say another word besides competitors there, although I would have meant it in a complimentary way). I am enjoying my father's early season success, although I don't know if that will continue on a consistant basis as tough as this league is. Congrats to Mel & Rob on their early season success. Jeremy has had a respectable start. The Boogaman & I aren't quiet used to this losing thing based on the past 2 seasons. Guess we might of had it coming among such tough BBMers. Currently, I am a member of the 1st & 2nd ranked BBM AU leagues as of yesterday atleast, April 30th, although my results within the 2 leagues thus far are as night & day as you can get. 1st place(9-1) in one league(Liberty). Dead last(2-8) in our league. STRANGE!

Reply to Msg #1192
Back to Topics

Message #1193 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
Dr. Rub
5/1/05, 8:50am
Just checked the BBM AU league standings(league ranks) as of today May 1st. Liberty ranks number 1 & number 3 in league strength factor. Baseballgeeks ranks 5 & number 4 in league strength factor. Not that anyone probably cares this early on. Just thought it was interesting.

Reply to Msg #1193
Back to Topics

Message #1194 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
Robert Jones  
BBM
5/1/05, 1:43pm
I thought I knew a little of how this game was played but I was mistaken. I never thought a team containing the hitters and pitchers that I have could ever have a 2-8 stretch but I guess they can. I do see a series between me and the Dragons somewhere down the line. I am trying to figure how both of us could emerge from that series 0-3.

My advice to any would be competitors is to make sure you have your mouthpiece in and buckle up that chinstrap real tight because the Boogamen are about to turn the heat up a notch.

Friends are the best collectibles

Reply to Msg #1194
Back to Topics

Message #1195 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Jones
Dr. Rub
Re: BBM
5/1/05, 3:42pm (Last Edited: 5/1/05, 3:45pm)
You got me all fired up now Boogaman! If I'm gonna have a subpar season for the Dragons' standards, I'm going to take down some people with me pretty soon. Anything less than 81-81, given my start is unacceptable. I just need to gain a little respectibility back as the season goes along. I'm sure we both will. Losing sucks!! We're not use to this & nor do I want to get use to it.

Reply to Msg #1195
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter