Subject
Date
All
vicki  
BBM Results
5/3/05, 2:08pm
graphic
Ok... what's up with this....

In last night's game I have Mesa as the #1 reliever... he is totally skipped over, every other reliever comes in and the last one they end up putting this AAA pitcher in who gives up 2 runs, I have one less base, and I end up losing?

I wrote to the commisioner. Does anyone get why this could have happened?

--------------------------------------------------------
Do or do not. There is no try.
---Yoda

Reply to Msg #1202
Back to Topics

Message #1205 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
vicki
Robert Jones  
Re: BBM Results
5/3/05, 4:33pm
Did you have long and short relief appearances for him?

Friends are the best collectibles

Reply to Msg #1205
Back to Topics

Message #1206 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
vicki
Robert Jones  
5/3/05, 4:37pm
It appears he has 4 innings of ball in him's[] stat bank. I agree with you Vicki, it appears he should have been in there. Maybe he was getting a hot dog from a vendor when the bullpen phone rang.

Reply to Msg #1206
Back to Topics

Message #1208 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Jones
vicki  
5/3/05, 6:55pm
graphic
The commissioner answered me, asking if I put him in the rotation the same day as I picked him up, said he can't pitch that night....

BUT.... that's not what happened. A whole day passed... so now I'm waiting to hear his response to that...

---Yoda

Reply to Msg #1208
Back to Topics

Message #1210 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
vicki
Dr. Rub
5/3/05, 7:51pm (Last Edited: 5/3/05, 7:53pm)
That sucks Vicki! I can't believe the Baseballmanager would screw up like that. I hope you get an explanation from the commish. Losing is one thing, but losing that way is another & very frustrating. Hopefully they'll correct it & refigure that particular game's results. My sympathies to you(except in our little 3 game series of course). Good luck this season!

"Losers always whine about giving their best. Winners get to go home & ---- the prom queen." (Sean Connery)

Reply to Msg #1210
Back to Topics

Message #1214 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
vicki
Robert Reed  
5/4/05, 12:27am (Last Edited: 5/4/05, 12:32am)
graphic
Sorry, that happened to you Vicki, I too have had a "Few strange" results like that, we wake up in the morning, look at the results, and "scratch our heads" all day.
However, as "nasty" as it seems at the time, I think they "even out" over the year.
My question would relate to Booga's,

Was he at the "hot dog stand", when he should have been on the mound.?
Does he look like he consumes a "Few hot dogs per game", some pitchers look like THEY DO, e.g Colon, especially David Wells.?

Is he a "newlywed" "rushing to the game " following his "newlyfound" cohabitation partner.?

Is he "Rushing "to the mound following cohabiting with a teamates partner, either in the dressing room, or the team bus?.

Was he cohabiting with a TEAMATE, in the locker room, (hopefully a minor leaguer), or definately a player on the DL.?

Good luck with the "commish result", and also Good luck for the season, EXCEPT when you play me

Reply to Msg #1214
Back to Topics

Message #1217 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
vicki  
5/4/05, 6:31pm
graphic
Here is the trail of emails.....

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 5:08 PM

Did you insert him into the relief list the same day of the game? If so then he is not eligible for that night's game. He would be eligible for the next day's game.

Then, from me:

Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 4:21 PM
To: Richard Pagliaro

I picked him up on 4/30 so he would have been put in on 5/1 and I inserted him on 5/1 as well, so he should have been eligble on 5/2......

Then his response:

Subject: RE: PLEASE HELP - TODAYS GAME RESULTS
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 01:53:37 +0000

If you claimed him as a FA on 4/30 you would still need to promote him to the Major League roster and then put him in the RP list. We canít verify player promotions and demotions, but you can check with your leaguemates and see if anyone else has had a problem. I do not think it is a system problem as it would affect more than one team if it were and no other manager has reported it.

Best of health,
Commissioner Richard Pagliaro
----------------------------------------------------
Why can't he look at our transaction history just like I can? I always put the people I pick up right into rotation, this was no different.

I think I've just been blown off.

---Yoda

Reply to Msg #1217
Back to Topics

Message #1219 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
vicki
Dr. Rub
5/4/05, 9:25pm
I do to! My dad had a similar situation last night or the night before. He had a relief pitcher I believe who he had ranked number 1 on his short relief list that was not used & should have been going by the way it has been done in the past. Maybe ther was a slight change in the relief pitching situation in the BBM system this season, meaning that maybe the BBM now still considers the relief pitcher rankings in which the order you have them ranked to come in the game. However, if you have any relief pitcher that actually pitches in real baseball that same day(same day stats - non statpool) ranked anywhere on your long or short relief list, maybe they use those same day stats first before they go to the statbank starting from your first ranked relief pitcher to your last ranked or last in your order.

I have it watched it closely enough to see if this actually is the case, but it is just a thought. Sounds like you got screwed or maybe you accidently forgot to hit the submit button after you ranked your relief pitching order the night before that particular game in question, or maybe it was the BBM's mistake.

I forgot to hit the submit button in an earlier game this season & was without a starting pitcher for one game so I tanked the game on purpose knowing I was most likely going to lose anyway, trying to save some good statbanks instead of wasting them for what would have most definately been a losing cause for sure.

"Losers always whine about giving their best. Winners get to go home & ---- the prom queen." (Sean Connery)

Reply to Msg #1219
Back to Topics

Message #1220 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
vicki
Chris Reed  
5/5/05, 9:40am
graphic
Vikki's just having the worst luck... Three players going on the DL all at once...

Reply to Msg #1220
Back to Topics

Message #1224 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Chris Reed
Dr. Rub
5/5/05, 9:53pm
Having 3 players on the DL is hard to deal with. I know Vicki will bounce back though. She knows what to do with her BBM experience.

Reply to Msg #1224
Back to Topics

Message #1229 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
vicki  
5/7/05, 5:04pm
graphic
>Having 3 players on the DL is hard to deal with. I know Vicki
>will bounce back though. She knows what to do with her BBM
>experience.

Yes I am pretty bummed out about it. Looked at the beginning like I had a good team... but....

Hopefully when they come back they will start hitting.

---Yoda

Reply to Msg #1229
Back to Topics

Message #1230 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
vicki
vicki  
5/10/05, 6:44pm
graphic
>>Having 3 players on the DL is hard to deal with. I know
>Vicki
>>will bounce back though. She knows what to do with her BBM
>>experience.

Well now I lost Vidro. This is really bad. And Matos got hit in the hand tonight and left the game....he may go out too. That will be 5 or maybe 6 out.

Robert, heads up... Sosa is going on the DL.

---Yoda

Reply to Msg #1230
Back to Topics

Message #1231 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
vicki
Dr. Rub
5/10/05, 8:06pm
Vicki, I can't believe the bad luck you are having. It's hard to be sucessful with all of those key players out & on the DL right now. Atleast you have a solid excuse right? It is easy for me to say, "hey Vicki, hang in there. Keep your head up." I get tired of hearing those same old cliches. I'm sure you get tired of hearing them to. I hope things get better for your team. You have just been snakebit this season, especially with the injury bug.

Reply to Msg #1231
Back to Topics

Message #1232 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
vicki
Robert Jones  
5/10/05, 8:10pm
Thanks Vicki, I just saw that. I have never hated sweeping a series as bad as I did that last one. I am pulling for you to turn it around. Matos broke his finger from what I have heard.

I think Griffey is getting hot so I can spell Sosa for a while. Lucky for me I got good depth at most positions including outfield. I just gotta start wiining some games.

Reply to Msg #1232
Back to Topics

Message #1233 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Jones
vicki  
5/11/05, 12:59pm
graphic
That's ok Robert..... you earned those wins!

I just hope that there is a time that I can turn this around.

---Yoda

Reply to Msg #1233
Back to Topics

Message #1234 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
vicki
Robert Reed  
5/11/05, 2:13pm
graphic
You certainly are having MORE than your share of bad luck.

In our game last night it looked very close to me, I MAY have had a slight edge particularly if I was the home team.
Since YOU were the home team, I am not so sure., felt lucky to get the win.

There are often some ODD results, you are getting more than your share.
I recall last season losing a game, (I think it was against Rub,) I had MORE bases, at least 5, gave up 3 fewer runs, led in all categories, WAS the HOME team, and LOST the game, I "fell off my chair", and did not get up for breakfast , lunch or dinner.
Hopefully your team "will bounce back", good luck .

Reply to Msg #1234
Back to Topics

Message #1235 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Reed
Dr. Rub
5/11/05, 10:38pm
I agree! There are some quirky results sometimes. I think the BBM configurations just liked me last year. I don't recall that particular game, but I can't see how I won that game either. I recall a game my first season where I hit 6 HR's in one game & the opposing player hit 0 HR's. The pitching was pretty close. I still lost. I remember scratching my head on that one more than any other losing result before.

Reply to Msg #1235
Back to Topics

Message #1236 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Reed
Robert Jones  
5/11/05, 11:59pm
The quirky results just add a degree of realism for me. Sometimes in real life you outplay your opposition but in the run category you loose. I don't think the system is biased for any one person, I think you take those results and deal with them....Gosh, I shoulda won that...Maybe the ump blew a call that cost the game....Ya just gotta live with it.

Reply to Msg #1236
Back to Topics

Message #1237 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Jones
Dr. Rub
5/12/05, 5:12am (Last Edited: 5/12/05, 5:13am)
Talk about frustrating! My last 2 starts out of Josh Beckett:

7 Innings pitched, 0 ER - Lost
9 Innings pitched, 0 ER - Lost

I would have rather been beaten 15 - 1! I don't mind losing. I know I can deal with it even though we all want to win. However, losing like that(2 examples above) is just like having your heart ripped out. It's downright devastating.

Beckett had a 2 innings pitched, 5 earned run outing in the statbank. I wish the BBM computers would have pulled that game last night & I lose like 10 to 4 than to lose 5 to 4 & the 9 innings pitched, 0 ER be pulled. This was really like losing 2 games in one night.

Reply to Msg #1237
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter