RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest21219 (3.234.214.113)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Sports and Leisure : Reading "Boogamen and Dragons" Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #1266 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Rob Reed  
Boogamen and Dragons
5/30/05, 1:09pm
graphic
I haven't heard any recent whining from you guys.

Where the heck did you guys come from?

--------------------------------------------------------
"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #1266
Back to Topics

Message #1268 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Dr. Rub
Re: Boogamen and Dragons
5/30/05, 4:01pm
There have been 1 or 2 games I've grunted & groaned about a little, but it really doesn't do anygood to complain or whine. That doesn't mean I won't atleast do it at some point during the season so stay tuned. I always whine atleast once during the season. In the tradition of doing so, I'll make sure I whine about a result or two lator in the season. The whole damn league is tough. There are no give me games anywhere. We have 10 managers that all know what they are doing. We all may go about some things a little differently, but probably not without thought & planning. I'm sure there are some eyebrows that are raised at times when any given one of us thinks, what the hell is he or she thinking doing that, or making that move, or dropping this guy, or adding this guy. That being said, I think we all are doing something right because I think our league is still rated number 1 or 2 in league strength factor. The compitition is great. We have 2 rookie managers that are holding there own as well, atleast in the early going. I am here to tell you that I think we will all see the Choo Choos & Roid Rage in the thick of things all season long. They are catching on pretty good already, much like I did that first season & I'm sure the Boogaman did also.

I could be wrong but I don't think the Boogamen & the Dragons are going to be chopped liver this season. I think we will both make a run at it atleast. Your team is very solid as well Rob!

"Losers always whine about giving their best. Winners get to go home & ---- the prom queen." (Sean Connery)

Reply to Msg #1268
Back to Topics

Message #1269 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Robert Jones  
5/30/05, 8:28pm (Last Edited: 5/30/05, 9:33pm)
I made a mistake the other day that cost me all of my remaining salary. I was up about 3 a.m. when the new results posted and I put in a claim to reacquire Chris Hammond for $1,050,000. Later that day I became aware that Carlos Beltran was injured. I decided to go for an outfielder and forgot I had put in a move for Hammond. I meant to bid $100,000 on Kielty and did not realize when I put in the claim that the dollar figure for Hammond transfered. I only had $1,075,000 remaining so after the transaction went through I was horrified to discover that I was down to $25,000.

I am still here though and fighting through. It is hard to believe that I was tied for last 10 games in with a 2 and 8 record.

My Cubs are hurting a bit between Nomore Garciappara and Nomore Prior.

I am too busy managing these guys to whine right now. If I get a break later in the season I'll whine then.

Right now I am trying to run over a cat.

Friends are the best collectibles

Reply to Msg #1269
Back to Topics

Message #1270 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Jones
Rob Reed  
5/30/05, 9:25pm
graphic
It has been an interesting week and a half for me in my other leagues.

I lost Vladimir Guerrero AND Mark Prior in both of those leagues. Unbelievanbly, I am still in first place in both of those leagues as of tonight.

Don't think that will last long, but I am really hoping for a 4-week Prior return. News on Vlad is late next week, hopefully. I am still not sold on that one.

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #1270
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter