From
Subject
Date
BBM people
Dr. Rub
BBM Playoffs
10/8/06, 4:13am
Down 0-3

Obviously the BBM doesn't like me anymore for some reason or they just have "it" in for me. My team is far better than this, but the BBM playoffs is all about luck of the draw. I'm not saying the Quakes don't have a solid team. But for the season I had, I'm getting the royal shaft up the you know what.

I liken the BBM playoffs to poker, except you can't bluff. You may be a very good poker player, but you can't help the cards you are dealt. The BBM has been the dealer & has apparantly shuffled my teams really good stats towards the bottom of the deck. Obviously, the only reason the Quakes didn't start a Game 5 pitcher is because he knew that I was snakebit & that he would sweep me in 4 games. Talking about "rubbing" it in. Good bye & good riddence to this season. I can't believe how my fortunes have turned over the past 2 or 3 weeks. Where did that first place Dragon team go? The playoffs & it's randomness are not reflecting the kind of year my team had. Sorry if it sounds like I'm whining, but I honestly can't believe what's happening.

--------------------------------------------------------
"Losers always whine about giving their best. Winners get to go home & ---- the prom queen." (Sean Connery)

Reply to Msg #2016
Back to Topics

Message #2017 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
Rob Reed  
Re: BBM Playoffs
10/8/06, 11:46am
graphic
The last time I won the whole thing, I think I played you in the first round... and I remember that I had you 3-0. Then, I remember that before I knew it, I was sweating Game 7, and barely beat you by a run in the last game.

With Jaydawg giving you an extra chance with NO starting pitcher in Game 5 (what the heck, Jay?), I still have my money on a Game 7. Good luck!

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #2017
Back to Topics

Message #2018 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Dr. Rub
10/8/06, 9:15pm
Rob, I remember my first season. I beat the Riots in the first round in 6 games before getting my ass handed to me by the Boogaman in 4 games in the World Series. My second season, I believe I beat the Lugs in the first round in 6 games & I think I played you in the World Series & beat you in 7 games. I remember my second season vividly because I won the regular season & the World Series, which will probably be the best season I ever have, winning 101 regular season games. Last year in our league, I sucked it up going 77-85. As somebody once said, "the sun doesn't shine on the same dog's ass everyday."
Anyway, it has been a pretty good season nevertheless, although it appears I'm finishing on a very disappointing note.

Atleast ARod & the Yankees sucked it up against the Tigers. I was most happy about that as I'm sure you might have figured.

I've said it before, & I'll say it again, Arod is a good player, but he is still overated in my book. He has never got it done in the playoffs, maybe except for the year Seattle beat the Yankees in the first round way back when.

"Losers always whine about giving their best. Winners get to go home & ---- the prom queen." (Sean Connery)

Reply to Msg #2018
Back to Topics

Message #2019 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Dr. Rub
Dr. Rub
10/9/06, 3:48am
0-4. ???? Go to hell BBM.

Congrats Quakes.

Reply to Msg #2019
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter