From
Subject
Date
All
Chris Reed  
Hurt by Quack
6/7/07, 12:36pm
graphic
Last night, my emotions were similar to the night when Reggie pummeled the Dodgers in ’78, the Lakers fell to the Pistons in the ’89 Finals or when Bush was re-elected. A big giant “no, this cannot be.” The Anaheim Ducks win the Stanley Cup.

The worst night in Los Angeles Kings history.

The very first post on letsgokings.com pretty much said it all… they will always have this on us.

Folks at the office here in Vegas couldn’t understand my sorrow, but they did as soon as I took advantage of the fact that many of them are East Coasters. I told the Yankee fans to imaging the Red Sox wining the World Series, and the Sox fans to picture another title for the Bronx Bombers.

They got it pretty quick.

That said, the Kings management deserves this. When Staples was built, they promised it would provide that big financial boost that would thrust the team right into Lord Stanley’s Cup. Yet it seems the team has been worse off on Figueroa than they were across from Hollywood Park.

I can go on and on about the ineptitude like firing coaches like Robinson and Murray who went on to take other teams to greatness, letting fan favorites go only to bring them back after they’re past their prime, and how they have a small-market philosophy when it comes to building a team.

They’ve taken for granted that they don’t need to put a quality product out there because of the loyalty of Kings fans – unquestionably the most loyal among the L.A. sports teams.
They can’t anymore. Ducks will have a championship banner now after 14 years, and after more than 40 years they still don’t.

It just takes a ride up the 5 for L.A. fans to see a team that’s serious about winning. That said, the chance of my ever cheering for the Ducks is about the same as my cheering on higher gas prices.

On the other hand, news here in Vegas this morning is that the NHL is about to award an expansion franchise to our fine Valley. A brilliant move since locals here are just salivating for a pro team.

I wonder where my loyalties will be at that point?

Reply to Msg #2259
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

Chris Reed 's Blog

saundrabeach 's Blog

Message #2260 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Chris Reed
Rob Reed  
Re: Hurt by Quack
6/8/07, 4:57pm
graphic
I read this late afternoon yesterday, and that was when I was given the news that a local hockey team won the Stanley Cup. Meaning: "wow, isn't it amazing how nobody gives a flyin' hoot?"

--------------------------------------------------------
"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #2260
Back to Topics

Message #2261 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Chris Reed
saundrabeach  
6/9/07, 5:51am (Last Edited: 6/9/07, 5:57am)
graphic
Count me in if they really get a Hockey team here in Vegas! That would be awesome! I would opt for season tickets. I used to love hockey from the Los Angeles Blades then The Kings.

You guys would have access to the tickets anytime

I thought Oscar Goodman,mayor, was trying to get a Football team. Hummmm or a "Drinking" team lol He reminds me of W.C. Fields with his bulbous nose that looks red to me.

TREAT OTHERS LIKE YOU WANT TO BE TREATED WELCOME EACH NEW DAY! Just When Your Children Are Fit To Live With, They Are Living With Someone Else!

Reply to Msg #2261
Back to Topics

This message has been added to these RRBBS++ Blogs:

saundrabeach 's Blog

Message #2262 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
drrubb
6/9/07, 11:57am
Hate to say it but........... that's really sad.

Reply to Msg #2262
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter