Message #2286 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All
Robert Jones  
BBM Conspiracy.
7/26/07, 2:13pm (Last Edited: 7/26/07, 2:14pm)
It is very clear to me that Patrick Arnold and Bob Costas have are on a vendetta against my team. I think either Dr. Rub or Mel or Vicki have been leaking stories. Patrick and Bob have alledged that two of my players, Bonds and Sheffield, have been implicated in steroid abuse by these two people. I smell a conspiracy....of all of the players on my team these two are probably the two cleanest(As Clean as Sunday Morning)...who would ever imagine Bonds or Sheffield in a matter such as this? This is ludicrous! Is this some ploy to create dissention among my team?

Why can't people just let the Stogies be the Stogies and leave us to our business. If they want to give a team bad press they should hound the Balco Roid Rage and Ryan Howard or Albert Pujols and leave my guys alone.

:P

--------------------------------------------------------
Friends are the best collectibles

Reply to Msg #2286
Back to Topics

Message #2287 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Jones
drrubb
Re: BBM Conspiracy.
7/27/07, 4:01am
Talk about a conspiracy?! I just cracked after this morning's results. I don't think I'm going to win another game. I give up 4 runs, Stogies 9 runs & he only out based me by 5 bases. I lose 8-7. That's bull$#it!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Msg #2287
Back to Topics

Message #2288 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
drrubb
Rob Reed  
7/27/07, 9:04am (Last Edited: 7/27/07, 9:05am)
graphic
>Talk about a conspiracy?! I just cracked after this morning's
>results. I don't think I'm going to win another game. I give
>up 4 runs, Stogies 9 runs & he only out based me by 5 bases. I
>lose 8-7. That's bull$#it!!!!!!!!!!

Well, you aren't gonna get a lot of sympathy from this manager. I have won 6 in a row. You have lost 8 in a row. And, I am still a week and a half of wins behind you.

I have had this kind of bad luck allllllllll year. I haven't lost 8 in a row this season, but I started off 10-20, winning only ONE game in each of my first 10 series' played! Then I won 2 of 3 against Quakes only to follow that up by getting swept by YOU.

You'll do fine but, of course, secretly I really want the "free agent list is my farm team" philosophy to fail (don't tell Dr. Rub I said that)...!

Oops!

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #2288
Back to Topics

Message #2289 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
drrubb
7/27/07, 10:43am (Last Edited: 7/27/07, 10:45am)
LOL! I completely understand Rob. Hey, I keep getting refunded. It ain't all that bad. The only 2 players I regret losing was B J Upton & Ryan Howard. But who in the hell thought cheap skate Roid Rage boy was going to bid 4.710 million to get Howard when it only left him with 60K left for the year.This is the same person you call cheap every year during our draft. Go figure! I was outbidded for Howard the same night. I bidded 4.7 million & that crazy SOB bidded 4.710 million. That's balls! My plan was to get Howard back & ride him throughout the entire second half. He totally foiled my plan!

Reply to Msg #2289
Back to Topics

Message #2290 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Robert Jones  
7/27/07, 3:46pm
I wasn't trying to get sympathy for Dr. Rub...He is trying to hog all the sympathy anyway. I was trying to get it for yours truly....everyone is conspiring against me again...just like last year and the year before that and the one before that too. I need all the sympathy I can get....besides...the guitar strings are making my fingers sore.

Barry Bonds on steroids.....Huh!? I never did hear of such a preposterous thang. I think if anyone on my team was taking them it would be Ichiro.

Friends are the best collectibles

Reply to Msg #2290
Back to Topics

Message #2291 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
drrubb
7/28/07, 1:02pm
Truth be told Rob, I think my unorthodox stratagy has finally hit the wall. I think everyone in the league has caught on to it & now thet are making me pay by snagging up my players. I'm the only one to blame here. I've done it to myself. I will say that this stratagy(using the free agent pool as my "farm system") has worked for me in past seasons. I'm a cheater & 2 games away from 4 regular season BBM titles. Yet, I only have one to show for.

I was in 2 leagues one season & finished 2nd in that league because the first place guy somehow had 2 teams in the league & was making trades between his 2 teams to stockpile one team & use his other one as a punching bag or you might say, his triple AAA team. He finished with 108 wins. I was in second with 91 wins(a distant second).

I have become Mel & Robert's whipping boy in this league, nothing more than third wheel. I admit, I am now questioning my own stratagy that have used since being in this league & the BBM. I will probably continue to ride that stratagy the rest of this season & see if I can turn it around & atleast be in the playoff hunt. I will have to reconsider or rethink my BBM philosophies in the offseason so I can be ready for next season. I still like some of the things I do when running my team, but I am certainly going to have to think about changing some things to stay competitive.

I expect to win the league every year, or atleast make a push at it. Anything less than playoffs in my eyes is failure. My goal every year is to either win the regular season or win the World Series. If I fall short of either goal, I had atleast better make the playoffs, which is still tough in itself considering how competitive the league has been & it only seems to be getting better & tougher.

Obviously, if this were real baseball, I would not run my team the way I manage it in BBM, dropping & adding a player almost every day, but that's why BBM is "fantasy baseball". I have learned a lot this season by watching the rest of you guys, which is atleast getting me to rethink the way I run my BBM teams, although I won't completely dismantle some of the ways I already manage my team because I still believe they are effective.

Reply to Msg #2291
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter