RRBBS In the ChatRoom: Nobody
User: Guest5739 (35.175.174.157)
Read Mode: Topics
  RRBBS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

RRBBS.com Home : RRBBS : Sports and Leisure : Reading "I WON'T BE BACK NEXT SEASON!" Thread

Username Password

This ad only appears to Guests viewing a message thread

Message #2360 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
All BBMers
drrubb
I WON'T BE BACK NEXT SEASON!
10/10/07, 4:37am
Guys, I'm sorry I feel this way, But I have had it with BBM & this time I'm serious. I don't want to sound like a whiner but it just isn't right in my opinion(no disrespect to Jaydawg & the Quakes), to lose in the playoffs when your opponent has no starting pitcher. Quiet frankly, it's a %#*%ing embarrassment. It's not like real baseball like the BBM claims to be. I had Carmona who was a Cy Young candidate this season, who only had about 3 bad starts all season long & the system pulls 2 of them during my series versus the Quakes. They also pulled Verlander's worst outing of the year. That's just unbelievable. But to lose to your opponent in the playoffs who doesn't have a starting pitcher is just stupid. When you combine that with how quirky the game resolution formula is, I've had it. I told Robert on the phone last night that if I lose Game 6, that will be the straw that broke the camel's back with me, my opponent did not have a starting pitcher. This just should NOT HAPPEN!
I don't want to be a total poor sport here because 9 times out of 10 I'm not, so I send congrats to Jaydawg. Quiet frankly, just on merrit alone I feel like I should have won that series because he only had 2 eligable SP's on his playoff roster, but nevertheless congrats to him. Atleast the 2 pitchers he did have were arguably 2 of the very best. To lose is one thing, but to lose in the fashion I did is another. Like I said, I'm tired of that stupi game resolution formula. A lot of times there is just no rhyme or reason to it. And I'm just sick over the fact about how in the hell I could possibly lose a series to someone who doesn't even have a starting pitcher in 2 of the games. That just absolutely blows my mind & is just one of the reasons I definately won't be back next season. Just giving you guys a heads up so you can find someone else if you guys choose to continue the league. My mind will not change.

Reply to Msg #2360
Back to Topics

Message #2362 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
drrubb
Larry Levy  
Re: I WON'T BE BACK NEXT SEASON!
10/10/07, 11:02am
graphic
Hi, Rub,

I hope you will still be posting on here, though.

--------------------------------------------------------
" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121

Reply to Msg #2362
Back to Topics

Message #2363 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
drrubb
Rob Reed  
10/10/07, 4:04pm
graphic
Ah, what a whiner! Saito started!!!!!

I am kidding, doc... I agree with you completely. I was very surprised to see that you lost today with the stellar 1/3 of an inning, 0 ER start of Saito.

Not even a team error for not having a starting pitcher.

I say we save some money and start Yahoo Head to Head for a season and see how we like it.

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #2363
Back to Topics

Message #2364 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
Robert Jones  
10/10/07, 7:23pm
I am in

Friends are the best collectibles

Reply to Msg #2364
Back to Topics

Message #2366 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Robert Jones
Randy Edwards  
10/14/07, 6:20pm
graphic
If someone would teach how to play, I would be in now that I have alot of time on my hands.

Life is great..........Randy

Reply to Msg #2366
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter