To
From
Subject
Date
?
drrubb
The Rays
1/19/08, 7:44am
I am now convinced that this franchise does not seem to care about winning. They just traded 2 of their best young players. Delmon Young & Brendan Harris were traded to the Twins, for basically nothing in my view. I don't want to hear about money. Brendan Harris would have come cheap atleast for another season or two. And after all of the hype the Tampa Bay Rays organization put out on Delmon Young, & then to only have him for one season on the big league club? WHAT!? They should have kept that line up in tact. This was one of the youngest & most talented line ups in the game. Yes, I know they need pitching. But why did you have to trade both players? I just don't get it. What are we waiting for Tampa? Next year? Or, 5 seasons from now? The time is now! The 2,3,4, or 5 year plan is only advice given to a fool, while the teams who are raping your talent are laughing all the way to the bank & calling you a bunch a freakin' idiots.

Reply to Msg #2388
Back to Topics

Message #2389 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
drrubb
Larry Levy  
Re: The Rays
1/19/08, 10:08am
graphic
We've been dealing with this for years with the Padres. Though, our "Pods" have done better than your Rays

--------------------------------------------------------
" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121

Reply to Msg #2389
Back to Topics

Message #2390 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Larry Levy
drrubb
1/19/08, 10:43am
But atleast the Padres have put together some winning seasons here & there & they have been the World Series a couple of times.

I think Tampa Bay should just do like the Marlins did that one season & get them some all star players & make a serious run for the next season or two. At this point, they might as well just go for broke & say the hell with it. All they are doing right now anyway is losing, for the most part. Why not just say #$%* it & go for it with whatever cash reserve they do have. It might actually put some butts in the seats.

Reply to Msg #2390
Back to Topics

Message #2391 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
drrubb
Larry Levy  
1/19/08, 3:01pm
graphic
I agree. I think if they got some cash and put together a decnt team, people will come to the games. Certainly people come to Bucs games there.

" I lift up mine eyes to the hills, whence cometh my help.", Psalm 121

Reply to Msg #2391
Back to Topics

Message #2393 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
drrubb
Rob Reed  
2/23/08, 5:28pm
graphic
Who did they get in this deal? If it was pitching prospects, they probably did a good thing. I like a number of Rays offensive players. Without pitching, they're gonna lose.

A healthy Cliff Floyd, Baldelli, Crawford, and Cantu, and I think they'll improve with some better pitching.

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #2393
Back to Topics

Message #2404 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
Rob Reed
drrubb
2/26/08, 1:25pm
They no longer have Cantu. Also, Baldelli is a constant injury risk. Yes, Baldelli has talent, but he should be re-named Rocco Bal-DL-i. To me, he is overated at best. Cliff Floyd is a decent player but he has bad knees & is aging fast. Crawford is really the only true talent there. To answer your question Rob, the Rays only got Matt Garza & Jason Bartlett out of that deal. So they got one starting pitcher who could be pretty good. Jason Bartlett is no Brendan Harris or Delmon Young in my view. I agree they needed some pitching, but I still believe the Twins got the better end of this deal. I hope the Rays prove me wrong.

Did you hear that Barry Bonds may be a Ray this upcoming season? The rumors are true according to ESPN. They should sign Bonds, if nothing else, just to put some butts in the seats. I believe if they sign Bonds, they could win 75 to 80 games this season & finish 4th in the AL East, which is better than they normally finish. Signing Bonds would make up for trading Young & Harris, atleast to some degree.

Reply to Msg #2404
Back to Topics

Message #2405 of 2499  *NEW*
To
From
Subject
Date
drrubb
Rob Reed  
2/26/08, 2:54pm
graphic
Oops... I panicked as soon as I saw this message. "Did I put out a podcast, alleging that I know my stuff, and mention that Cantu was on the Rays roster?"

I took a long, hard gulp as I checked the ESPN depth chart (because I was sure that I had checked that first before broadcasting).

Whew.

I meant Jonny Gomes, who I touted in the latest podcast.

Yah, I just saw the Bonds rumor as I was heading to the depth chart in my panic. This would be good for the Rays... bad for Gomes, though.

"Treat the Earth not as if it was given to you by your parents, but as if it was lent to you by your children." - Kenyan Proverb

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Reply to Msg #2405
Back to Topics

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter